Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | New 12 Month contract if Reduce my Package

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion

New 12 Month contract if Reduce my Package

Old 08-01-2017, 23:23   #1
dashton6
Inactive

dashton6 is an unknown quantity at this point
New 12 Month contract if Reduce my Package

I have Just spoken to Virgin media customer services they tell me that if Want to reduce my £123.00 per month package, bear in mind I am out of contract; I have to take out another 12 month contract, surely this can't be right. If so good bye virgin media, back to sky.
dashton6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 08-01-2017, 23:47   #2
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon
Re: New 12 Month contract if Reduce my Package

If they are putting you onto a new bundle, then yes it will be a 12 month contract. Personally, if the new bundle with contract saves you a lot of money, you would be daft to leave just because you don't want a new contract. But that's just me.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 00:08   #3
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Yes, I suspect if you want to downgrade without getting a new contract you would end up paying list prices for whatever services you take. Bundles are always subject to a contract.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 05:42   #4
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Sky will also put you into a contract
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 09:45   #5
richard1960

Services: vm broadband tvxl TiVo, v+ sky sports and phone.

VM did not always put you into a new contract down grading out of contract only if you were haggling for a discount,if paying list price they did not insist on it,that is something they have bought in a year or two back.

They put me on a new contract but at the price i was offered i bit their hand off.!
Old 09-01-2017, 11:42   #6
Kabaal
Haggis Hunting

Kabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of Quads

Don't forget that price rises let you out of the contract and they have them often enough that it's very unlikely you'd actually reach 12 months without being able to use one to get out.
Kabaal is offline   Reply With Quote