Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | New Releases (Sequels)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema

New Releases (Sequels)

Old 07-05-2006, 00:38   #1
Barewolf
Inactive

Services: Talk Talk 1.5mb wishing it was Virgin 20mb
Barewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful one
Send a message via MSN to Barewolf
Question New Releases (Sequels)

Ok so heres a question. When are we going to see the sequels to some of the top movies of all time?
We have Superman coming out in Summer and it looks good but what about sequels to the other goodies like....
Indipendence Day
K-Pax
E.T
Planet of the Apes
Close Encounters
Fargo
Dr Who
Barewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 07-05-2006, 00:56   #2
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Re: New Releases (Sequels)

Most of those films wouldn't really suit a sequel they were written with a single fim in mind. Dr who is a TV series and its still being made so a movie wouldn't work. The 2 movies made in 60's were just big budget remakes of existing stories.

As most of those were great movies and its been years since they were released I don't think it would be right if they suddenly brought out a sequel eg E.T 2 or Close Encounters 2 it just wouldn't be right.
Old 07-05-2006, 01:12   #3
kronas
Inactive

kronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronze
kronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronze

what about robocop!
kronas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 01:19   #4
Barewolf
Inactive

Barewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthYoda
Most of those films wouldn't really suit a sequel they were written with a single fim in mind. Dr who is a TV series and its still being made so a movie wouldn't work. The 2 movies made in 60's were just big budget remakes of existing stories.

As most of those were great movies and its been years since they were released I don't think it would be right if they suddenly brought out a sequel eg E.T 2 or Close Encounters 2 it just wouldn't be right.
but they said their would be sequels to them, ET 2 was supposed to be planned years ago, same with Indipendence day 2.

I think those 2 films deserve a sequel, and k-pax ended with a sequel in mind
Old 07-05-2006, 01:47   #5
zing_deleted

I would like to see the explaination for the ending of Planet of the apes
Old 07-05-2006, 01:56   #6
bopdude
Inactive

bopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny stars
bopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to bopdude

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinglebarb
You / we saw it, on the beach...................... you damned idiots, you did it .........gggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr we did it, we pushed the button.
bopdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 02:04   #7
zing_deleted

I ment the new one lollol
Old 07-05-2006, 02:08   #8
bopdude
Inactive

bopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny stars
bopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to bopdude

Quote:
new ????
bopdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 02:23   #9
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by kronas
what about robocop!
There were two sequels and a TV series.

---------- Post added at 00:16 ---------- Previous post was at 00:15 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by bopdude
Quote:
new ????
http://uk.imdb.com/title/tt0133152/

---------- Post added at 00:23 ---------- Previous post was at 00:16 ----------

The thing is, I don't think a sequel would work, either for Inpendance Day or ET. It would just be more of the same.

I think that the films that are ideal for sequels are those that are about characters, rather than specific events. The Harry Potter films for instance, are basically about Harry, Hermione and Ron and what happens to them each year. ET is about a boy meeting an alien, and their attempts to evade the authorities. What would the sequel be about? ET comes back and gets stranded again?

Similarly, Independance day is about the invasion of earth by aliens, and how we fight back. Would the sequel just be the Aliens invading again?
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 02:38   #10
Barewolf
Inactive

Well the Et could be coming back to take the now older boy to his planet or to make peace with Earth and he might be kidnapped etc.

or indipendence day 2 could be a mass war on earth after the last one failed.

I wish i had access to the apparent story for the sequels
Old 07-05-2006, 14:55   #11
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by kronas
what about robocop!
There's already been a Robocop 2, Robocop 3, Robocop TV series, Robocop TV movies, & a Robocop cartoon.

All were crap, although no.2 wasn't as bad as the rest.

Quote:

IIRC, the studio made Burton tack on that pointless & confusing ending.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 15:55   #12
Caff
I'm a geek???

Caff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronze
Caff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronze

Sorry, sloppy female here

But - 'Love Story' - I mean, what did he do after that?

And 'It's A Wonderful Life' -well, it was only half through...

'Rebecca'...
Caff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 16:20   #13
zing_deleted

He prob went out the hospital and shot himself
Old 07-05-2006, 16:35   #14
ZrByte
Inactive

ZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appeal
ZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to ZrByte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart C
There were two sequels and a TV series.

---------- Post added at 00:16 ---------- Previous post was at 00:15 ----------

http://uk.imdb.com/title/tt0133152/

---------- Post added at 00:23 ---------- Previous post was at 00:16 ----------

The thing is, I don't think a sequel would work, either for Inpendance Day or ET. It would just be more of the same.

I think that the films that are ideal for sequels are those that are about characters, rather than specific events. The Harry Potter films for instance, are basically about Harry, Hermione and Ron and what happens to them each year. ET is about a boy meeting an alien, and their attempts to evade the authorities. What would the sequel be about? ET comes back and gets stranded again?

Similarly, Independance day is about the invasion of earth by aliens, and how we fight back. Would the sequel just be the Aliens invading again?

IIRC one of the planned stories for Independance day, wich was to be titled frontier. Was to be set in our not too distant future, where we have started to colonize space (Using a lot of reverse enginered alien tech). We stumble upon the aliens original homeworld wich allthough has been mostly abandoned due to the aliens nomadic nature is still a stronghold. The aliens discover that we resisted and thus survived making us a bigger threat than ever and recall all of thier nomad ships to destroy humanity for good. This basicly sounds like more of the same to me but on a much larger scale and on a much more conventional SciFi plot (i.e. large battles in space).
While I think this might be a leave your brain at home type of movie I think it could be enjoyable. Though that was one of I think four different scripts planned for a sequel and this was just after ID4 had been released so there may well be more potential scripts out there now.
ZrByte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 16:40   #15
Caff
I'm a geek???

Caff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronze
Caff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronze

And there was me being serious...
Zinglebarb - he mourned for a VERY long time and then found someone, and then someone else, and lived happily ever after. Or............. not.

I want the sequel!!!!
Caff is offline   Reply With Quote