Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Roll Out plans for 300MB?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Roll Out plans for 300MB?

Old 07-04-2017, 15:00   #1
bolgerp
cf.member

bolgerp is an unknown quantity at this point
Roll Out plans for 300MB?

Hi all... does anyone have any information on the geographic roll out plans for the upgrade to 300MB? Apart from the information on here, I haven't been able to find anything else on line. Customer Service didn't have any info either. Not a big issue... just curious...

Ta.
bolgerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 07-04-2017, 22:31   #2
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

Services: Vodafone/City Fibre Gigafast 900
roughbeast has reached the bronze age
roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age
Re: Roll Out plans for 300MB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolgerp View Post
Hi all... does anyone have any information on the geographic roll out plans for the upgrade to 300MB? Apart from the information on here, I haven't been able to find anything else on line. Customer Service didn't have any info either. Not a big issue... just curious...

Ta.
Roll out plan? I think Virgin are avoiding publishing anything like that nowadays. We can be assured that they have a plan ... I think, but published ones just give them too much agro when people complain they haven't been upgraded on schedule.

If you are wondering if your area is due to be upgraded, all I can suggest is that you do regular post code searches on what is available in your street or
ring CS and ask to be upgraded to 300Mb. You never know, your area may be ready.

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/7...n-website.html
roughbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 09:53   #3
weesteev
Cable Guru

Services: Virgin Media Gig1 RFOG, TV360, Stream, GoFibre 1Gb
weesteev has reached the bronze age
weesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze age

+1 what RoughBeast says, VM wont announce the plans publicly. The works required for the 300Mb migration are enormous for some franchise areas so no timescale will be put on it. Use the postcode checker on the website as your best tool for now.

Access Network Innovation @ Liberty Global/Virgin Media

All comments are my own opinion and not a direct expression of LG/VM.
weesteev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 12:11   #4
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by weesteev View Post
+1 what RoughBeast says, VM wont announce the plans publicly. The works required for the 300Mb migration are enormous for some franchise areas so no timescale will be put on it. Use the postcode checker on the website as your best tool for now.
Having said what I said, I just now did a postcode search for my street, but using a different house number. The maximum download deal shown as a headline was Vivid 200. It was only when I dug down a couple of layers that Vivid 300 showed up.
Old 08-04-2017, 12:49   #5
Tricky Trevor
cf.geek

Services: Gig1,Ultimate Volt,Virgin 360x2, O2 mobile
Tricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of Quads

I phoned sometime ago to be upgraded to 200mb even though it said my area wasnt ready and I got mine 9 months early
Old 08-04-2017, 21:28   #6
lonespeaker
cf.member

lonespeaker is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughbeast View Post
Having said what I said, I just now did a postcode search for my street, but using a different house number. The maximum download deal shown as a headline was Vivid 200. It was only when I dug down a couple of layers that Vivid 300 showed up.
The same appears for my postcode but I phoned up retentions anyway and they upgraded me to 300.. well it's more like 345mbit and superfast love it
lonespeaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 09:46   #7
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonespeaker View Post
The same appears for my postcode but I phoned up retentions anyway and they upgraded me to 300.. well it's more like 345mbit and superfast love it
345Mb. You got lucky. Recent config adjustments gave some, like me, around 332Mb whilst others got 345Mb. I don't know why they varied the boost from customer to customer.
Old 09-04-2017, 19:58   #8
Jimmy-J
as common as muck

Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array
Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array

Is it 20Mb upload?

Jimmy-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 23:21   #9
Martin_D
cf.geek

Services: YouFibre | Lebara Sim x 2| Plex
Martin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy-J View Post
Is it 20Mb upload?
Yes

Broadband speeds

VIVID 300

300Mbps/20Mbps

VIVID Gamer*

200Mbps/20Mbps

VIVID 200

200Mbps/12Mbps

VIVID 100

100Mbps/6Mbps
Martin_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 23:24   #10
2pence
cf.member

Services: Gig1 Fibre Broadband
2pence is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonespeaker View Post
Thank you for the tip. Using the post code method, I managed to find out that the 300Mbit deal is available on my road for £1 more than what I'm paying for the 200Mbit deal.

I'm still in contract until 25th May. Shall I wait till then for this deal?
Old 09-04-2017, 23:31   #11
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2pence View Post
Thank you for the tip. Using the post code method, I managed to find out that the 300Mbit deal is available on my road for £1 more than what I'm paying for the 200Mbit deal.

I'm still in contract until 25th May. Shall I wait till then for this deal?
Entirely up to you. You could upgrade now if you wanted.
pip08456 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 23:35   #12
2pence
cf.member

Services: Gig1 Fibre Broadband
2pence is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
Entirely up to you. You could upgrade now if you wanted.
Cheers, I'll give it a thought and decide from there. I may well go for it tomorrow.
Old 10-04-2017, 08:31   #13
Cromulent
Inactive

Services: VIVID 350, Sky Q
Cromulent is on a distinguished roadCromulent is on a distinguished road

I'm currently on Vivid 200 Gamer and the thing that sold me on that was no upload speed traffic management as I upload to YouTube and stream on Twitch so that is important to me.

Does the new 300Mb package have traffic management on the upload speed or not? If it does I'll stick to my current package. Would be nice if they offered a faster download speed with no upload traffic management even if it cost a bit more.
Cromulent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 10:31   #14
Synthetic
cf.geek

Synthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cromulent View Post
I'm currently on Vivid 200 Gamer and the thing that sold me on that was no upload speed traffic management as I upload to YouTube and stream on Twitch so that is important to me.

Does the new 300Mb package have traffic management on the upload speed or not? If it does I'll stick to my current package. Would be nice if they offered a faster download speed with no upload traffic management even if it cost a bit more.
No traffic management on the 300Meg package (up or down)
Synthetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 10:56   #15
Cromulent
Inactive

Services: VIVID 350, Sky Q
Cromulent is on a distinguished roadCromulent is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthetic View Post
No traffic management on the 300Meg package (up or down)
Ooo. That sounds very nice. I might upgrade in that case. Shouldn't cost that much more although I am currently on an introductory offer. I'd have to speak to them to find out.
Cromulent is offline   Reply With Quote