Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media Customer Service- Your Personal Experience

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion

Virgin Media Customer Service- Your Personal Experience
View Poll Results: My personal experience of Virgin Media customer service has been:
Excellent- I've never had any problems with them 249 18.91%
Generally OK 315 23.92%
Hit 'n' Miss - about 50/50 273 20.73%
Poor- they normally mess it up 239 18.15%
Awful - never had a useful phonecall to them 241 18.30%
Voters: 1317. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-02-2007, 21:43   #16
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Virgin Media Customer Service- Your Personal Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYTHEWAY View Post
Got to view the help guides, but the remote control they were using bore no resemblence to the "Telewest Broadband"? one that i was given? I coulld not use the volume buttons on this either as it made no impact at all when pressing Vol+ or Vol -
The manual is here: http://www.cableforum.co.uk/files/vplus_user_guide.pdf

The volume buttons alter the volume on your TV, not the STB. But you'll need to program the remote to do this - read the help screens to find out how.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-02-2007, 07:38   #17
BYTHEWAY
Inactive

BYTHEWAY is an unknown quantity at this point

Many Thanks Spiderplant, I have now figured how to progamme the Remote and the Volume Control is working fine, would have been nice if the Engineer had done this though.
BYTHEWAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 14:56   #18
jcuk
Inactive

Services: Virgin XL Broadband 20Mb / XL Digital TV / Virgin Phone
jcuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to jcuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYTHEWAY View Post
Many Thanks Spiderplant, I have now figured how to progamme the Remote and the Volume Control is working fine, would have been nice if the Engineer had done this though.
im pretty sure thats on its way too, techs doing full installs inc programming.

i remember a few years ago when i got TW installed the tech came and setup the mac address online with TW and had my bbi up and running before he left, same with dtv. programmed it all in and set some favourites, shown us how to use etc.

id like to see that back again
jcuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 15:31   #19
shugdot
Inactive

shugdot is an unknown quantity at this point

I am sorry to say that my experiences with Virgin Media Customer services have been awful. I sent an email on Friday and I am still waiting for a reply. My wife telephoned on Saturday morning to enquire about the VIP service and was duly told that they could not speak to her because she is not authorised to make any changes to the services that we take. This option was set up in December when I was last on the phone to Telewest CS. I suppose that they have enough customers and don't mind losing some. If CS don't improve I will move but I am willing to give them a chance so I won't be too hasty. I have'nt voted in the poll as yet but it doesn't look as if they will get a commendation.
shugdot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2007, 12:22   #20
savvychels
cf.geek

Services: VIP120 w/ TiVo x2
savvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpack

2nd experience of CS since the change. Phoned today to discuss the package change and install for Thursday to see if they could upgrade the package ahead of the V+/SACM install and they can't, but that's because the box won't take the 10Mb (which is why the SACM needed), but the gentleman I spoke to was really good, explained everything, and made notes to himself on the acc't and sent himself an email and will take care of the upgrade himself either late Thurs or early Fri (install Thurs afternoon).

Message said through in 5 minutes or more. Was definitely less than 5 minutes.

So far so good.

Just have to see what happens at the end of the week.
savvychels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2007, 16:33   #21
shugdot
Inactive

I am still waiting for reply. I have also been studying Sky pakages and BT's expectation of the broadband speed I can get in this area. I will drop from the 4 I am getting with cable to 3 with a BT line. I will be paying a lot less than I am just now. I would have liked to upgrade but if Virgin Media can't be bothered answering then it's their loss. My wife is keen on changing too. I can't believe that a broadband provider takes so long to reply to emails. It looks as if it will be a goodbye to Richard Branson & Co.
Old 13-02-2007, 17:04   #22
NTLVictim
Inactive

Services: Finding people (retired)
NTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these parts

Give 'em a break Shugdot..remember it is an ntl mailserver!
NTLVictim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2007, 17:23   #23
shugdot
Inactive

Sorry, NTLVictim, but it's not just their inability to to reply to emails but they also refused to speak to my wife on Saturday because she is not the principal account holder despite the fact that she is a "named" person who is able to make changes to the account. It was in the beginning of December that her name was "added. I was on the phone to CS and I was asked if there was another person I would like to be able to manage the account and I added my wife's name and I was told that she was immediately able to make any changes. CS in Virgin Media is not so good. Are you listening Mr Branson?
Old 13-02-2007, 22:08   #24
Akia

Do you have a password on your account cause if you havn't then we can't deal with anyone else apart from the account holder. The number of times I get people coming through that have someone named on the account but no password and then they kick off, When at the end of the days its to protect your account, I'm sure if we spoke to some to some 3rd party and they upgraded your services with out you knowing you'd be kicking off a lot more.
Old 13-02-2007, 22:28   #25
savvychels
cf.geek

savvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpack

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattysheff View Post
Do you have a password on your account cause if you havn't then we can't deal with anyone else apart from the account holder. The number of times I get people coming through that have someone named on the account but no password and then they kick off, When at the end of the days its to protect your account, I'm sure if we spoke to some to some 3rd party and they upgraded your services with out you knowing you'd be kicking off a lot more.
Ooh (slightly OT now) does that mean my OH could talk to them in future as long as I approved him and he knew the password?
Old 13-02-2007, 22:35   #26
Akia

Well for as long as i've worked for Telewest its been like that, not sure about exNTL, If they are named on the account (has to be full name not just MRs Smith etc) and know the password we can deal with them, but saying that i work in disconnections, i think for general upgrades and downgrades they only need to know the password as its easyly currected if it shouldn't have been done, I.e charges refunded etc whereas a disconnection is more permanent, but i don't work in Custoemr Care so don't qoute me on that fact.
Old 13-02-2007, 23:08   #27
savvychels
cf.geek

Cool - thanks for that. Next time I'm on to CS I'll ask them about it and get him put on.
Old 14-02-2007, 08:38   #28
shugdot
Inactive

Yes, my wife knows the password and the person she spoke to did in fact confirm that the password that my wife gave was the correct one.
Old 14-02-2007, 14:14   #29
Rockabilly Spike
Inactive

Rockabilly Spike has much to be proud ofRockabilly Spike has much to be proud ofRockabilly Spike has much to be proud ofRockabilly Spike has much to be proud ofRockabilly Spike has much to be proud ofRockabilly Spike has much to be proud ofRockabilly Spike has much to be proud ofRockabilly Spike has much to be proud ofRockabilly Spike has much to be proud ofRockabilly Spike has much to be proud of

So far I've emailed VIRGIN twice and recieved no reply.
We've been complaining since before Xmas that our pic keeps freezing on a lot of the channels, usually the UKTV ones and most of the discovery ones
tried all the different reset types.
3 times the engineers have come out and the first time they repaired the cable the idiot next doot had damaged when gardening and it didnt fix it, so they came back and ran a new cable from the street directly to our house, no joy, then they brought a new remote for our box, which made no difference but they downright refused everytime to change the pace box for anything else, new one, same make etc.
the pic is still freezing up all the time and they told us on the phone before the rebranding to Virgin that its the channels, not their equipment.
So I've now tried emailing them as Virgin and so far had no reply to 2 emails.
Gonna try ringing them 2moro to sort out a new lower price bill and insist they change our main box over, especially if I take on a 2nd box for upstairs.
Rockabilly Spike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2007, 14:48   #30
NTLVictim
Inactive

Services: Finding people (retired)
NTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these parts

If Virgin have an email fault, who do they report it to?
NTLVictim is offline   Reply With Quote