Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | BT to start selling 330Mbps infinity from June 11/2012????

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Other ISPs Discussion

BT to start selling 330Mbps infinity from June 11/2012????

Old 01-06-2012, 00:48   #31
Telly_
Permanently Banned

Telly_ is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: BT to start selling 330Mbps infinity from June 11/2012????

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigj2k12 View Post
You cant be serious
KB/s Kb/s

When ever I join a forum and someone posts something I disagree with I always go through their posting history. There area lot of users on here who really understand their stuff, Ignition,Benmcr,Cyrius,Pete, and quite a few others. But qas is not one of them. But that's just an opinion.

---------- Post added at 00:48 ---------- Previous post was at 00:37 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telly Bear View Post
KB/s Kb/s

When ever I join a forum and someone posts something I disagree with I always go through their posting history. There are a lot of users on here who really understand their stuff, Ignition,Benmcr,Cyrius,Pete, and quite a few others. But qas is not one of them. But that's just an opinion.
Telly_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-06-2012, 01:02   #32
craigj2k12
cf.mega poster

craigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appeal
craigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
KB/s Kb/s

When ever I join a forum and someone posts something I disagree with I always go through their posting history. There area lot of users on here who really understand their stuff, Ignition,Benmcr,Cyrius,Pete, and quite a few others. But qas is not one of them. But that's just an opinion.
Ignition knows his stuff, hes worked for a few cable companies around the globe over loads of years, including VM as a high up network tech. So hes going to know a lot about networks and cable and VM

BenMcr works high up at VM so hes going to know things about the company others arent, but his network knowledge isnt great

Peter_ used to work for in the VM call centre so again, hes going to know alot about the workings and technical knowledge hes picked up from working there

Im not sure of Qas' employment history but his networking knowledge is one of the best I know on this forum, him, ignition and sephiroth are the top dogs where networking is concerned, so id take his posts more seriously if i were you
craigj2k12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 01:28   #33
Telly_
Permanently Banned

Telly_ is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigj2k12 View Post
Ignition knows his stuff, hes worked for a few cable companies around the globe over loads of years, including VM as a high up network tech. So hes going to know a lot about networks and cable and VM

BenMcr works high up at VM so hes going to know things about the company others arent, but his network knowledge isnt great

Peter_ used to work for in the VM call centre so again, hes going to know alot about the workings and technical knowledge hes picked up from working there

Im not sure of Qas' employment history but his networking knowledge is one of the best I know on this forum, him, ignition and sephiroth are the top dogs where networking is concerned, so id take his posts more seriously if i were you
You're not me. There a few posts in "Qas's" posting history I'm am 100% sure he does not want me to bring up as they contain very very bad low level errors.

Like I said I am quite capable of deciding for myself who I consider to be an informed poster. I won't comment again on the subject but I will trust my own judgement.
Telly_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 02:59   #34
RB2004
Inactive

Services: Services: 200 Mbit Gamer on Hub 3, 3x Arris V6 Boxes, CISCO V HD, VIP Package
RB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation era
Hi sorry it was openreach lol I know they are a separate division but I just like most people call them bt.

My mistake apoligies
RB2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 07:06   #35
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Quote:
It's all good criticizing my networking knowledge but do pray tell how that's relevant to referring to a business by their proper name?

I'd certainly expect a good few errors in my knowledge in my posting history, I was 16 when it started and had a developmental disorder. Course, criticizing someone else's character without producing any evidence or making any valid counterargument is basically the hallmark of a troll, but again, feel free to prove otherwise.

Anyhow, given how "Pete" didn't know the the difference between a router and a wireless access point until I spent a week explaining it to him, or that Huawei devices can use Netgear firmware, yes you're clearly capable of determining who's informed about what around here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RB2004 View Post
Hi sorry it was openreach lol I know they are a separate division but I just like most people call them bt.

My mistake apoligies
Some people (!) don't even know that much

In any case there is an important difference here as BTnet provide big business services - leased lines and international transit, whereas Openreach are BT's local loop division.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 18:23   #36
RB2004
Inactive

Services: Services: 200 Mbit Gamer on Hub 3, 3x Arris V6 Boxes, CISCO V HD, VIP Package
RB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation era

yep, I dont know the specifics.

but I understand the forming of openreach was in response to OFCOM trying to give a better playing field for competition, so Openreach sits in the middle of BT and 3rd party ISPs

installing BT Broadband services, and 3rd Party services like Infinity. for sky etc.
RB2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 15:10   #37
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

So as a rough price gauge, KC is selling a comparable (350mbps FTTP) service at £99 per month at retail, which actually compares fairly poorly to KC's own 100mbps service which costs £25.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote