Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | They're at it again!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

They're at it again!

Old 20-03-2012, 23:44   #16
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week
Re: They're at it again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by idi banashapan View Post
what about those who bank with internet banks such as Cahoot or Egg?
what about them ?
Advertisement
Old 20-03-2012, 23:52   #17
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymouse View Post
The banks, that is. Link:

Don't they ever learn?! How many more times is this going to come up?
Have you seen business banking charges? Welcome to my world
Old 21-03-2012, 07:52   #18
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Good point

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/
Sirius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2012, 08:27   #19
beeman
Kiss My Stinger

Services: Virgin VIP package, FREEVIEW
beeman is a splendid one to beholdbeeman is a splendid one to beholdbeeman is a splendid one to beholdbeeman is a splendid one to beholdbeeman is a splendid one to beholdbeeman is a splendid one to beholdbeeman is a splendid one to beholdbeeman is a splendid one to beholdbeeman is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Well you could just go into the branch of the bank that owns the firms just as you can now

first direct - HSBC, cahoot - CO-OP (i think), Egg - barclays
beeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2012, 08:39   #20
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Some good could come of this. Say all the banks brought in charges for withdrawals, direct debits etc, it would be massively unpopular but if they all do it, we'll have no option but to put up with it.

The time would then be ripe for an up-and-coming financial institution to start up and offer free banking. It may cost them to do so but if marketed in ways similar to how Branson does things, I can see millions of people using them. The other banks would lose customers by the bucketload and I'm sure that sort of loss will make them reconsider their charges.

I might be a bit too ambitious with this idea but in times of unpopular financial decisions if someone can be seen as a financial saviour, who knows?

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2012, 10:13   #21
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

I swear the banks are operating a cartel...which I thought was illegal.
Old 21-03-2012, 12:06   #22
mertle
Inactive

mertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
I swear the banks are operating a cartel...which I thought was illegal.
sadly the banks own our ass they know it world withouth banks you just cant imagine.

Like said sure this revenge to people oposing there bonuses.

You know wish banking system used unique user account codes to allow people to switch so easily they dont have to go arround changing the direct debits as its unique number to you.

We have sort codes to branches then banking accounts number to that bank. Maybe the banking system needs changing to move it to next level of ease of transfer.

Its quite ballache changing banks they know it.
mertle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2012, 13:20   #23
Pog66
Inactive

Services: SKY HD+, BT BB
Pog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant future

i'm not defending the banks however the Express report does say
Quote:
Lesley McLeod of the British Bankers’ Association, said: “None of our members have indicated that they intend to end free banking. However, it would be only fair to say there are a variety of other value-added accounts now being offered where you pay extra.”
Pog66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2012, 13:28   #24
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramrod View Post
Have you seen business banking charges? Welcome to my world
When I was young, my parents owned a newsagents. A very profitable one, as we were the only shop allowed to sell papers in the New Covent Garden Market (the one at nine elms, not the public one near The Strand)

We used to bank 10s of thousands of pounds a week, and it used to wind my dad up something chronic that the bank (the Midland, as it was) charged us a lot of money for the privilege of giving them our hard earned cash.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2012, 13:33   #25
mertle
Inactive

mertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quads

This might sound very stupid question we all know where bank charges come from they make a bank profits right.

The problem lies where does interest derive from. We say banks earn our interest makes them millions but surely these our syphoned off charges.
mertle is offline   Reply With Quote