Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Add a second router for 2 wireless networks?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

New contract?

Old 27-02-2012, 11:01   #1
AaronCooper
Inactive

AaronCooper will become famous soon enoughAaronCooper will become famous soon enoughAaronCooper will become famous soon enough
New contract?

I inquired about the price rises on my 30mb broadband as i was already paying higher than customers who sign up now.

Anyhow the women said she can't do anything about the price increases and said she will put 6-month free spotify on my account for the inconvenience.

Then to my amaze, i get a letter from virgin saying welcome to your new contract, you have 7 days to opt-out.

So what it looks like is the woman has tried to lock me into a new 12 month contract even though she didn't mention any of this on the phone and was portrayed as she was helping ease the pain of the price increases by giving me a free gift.

Any tips on what to do? If i cancel will i lose my internet? Ugh, flipping virgin!
AaronCooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 27-02-2012, 11:17   #2
SkyFTW
Permanently Banned

Services: Sky+HD ,Sky Multiroom, Sky unlimited BB, Anytime+
SkyFTW can only hope to improve
Re: New contract?

With the way Virginmedia bills customers you do sometimes find yourself paying more then new customers. It is sometimes worth upgrading as you'll get the new price for the higher level of service.

Sometimes for only a few pounds more or in some cases for a few pound less you get a faster bb or more tv channels.
SkyFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2012, 11:28   #3
AaronCooper
Inactive

AaronCooper will become famous soon enoughAaronCooper will become famous soon enoughAaronCooper will become famous soon enough

Sky - That may be so but spotify for 6 months isn't worth getting a 12-month fixed contract, especially because i can use grooveshark which is the exact same. I only took it because i was told it would be free, i guess people use that term lightly these days.
AaronCooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2012, 11:47   #4
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

If she hasn't told you of the new 12 month term on the phone, then the agent hasn't done their job right.

You would be able to cancel the new contract without losing your broadband, as the change is the Spotify offer rather than the broadband itself
Old 27-02-2012, 16:16   #5
Milambar
Inactive

Milambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronCooper View Post
Sky - That may be so but spotify for 6 months isn't worth getting a 12-month fixed contract, especially because i can use grooveshark which is the exact same. I only took it because i was told it would be free, i guess people use that term lightly these days.
Its worth noting that the legality if GrooveShark is now in question, after they lost a crucial case in Belgium, and admitted that they did not hold valid licences for most of the content they offer.
Milambar is offline   Reply With Quote