Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Favourite Sky One Show

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q

Favourite Sky One Show
View Poll Results: What are your favourite shows on Sky One ?
Hawaii Five O 11 28.95%
An Idiot Abroad 9 23.68%
Strike Back Project Dawn 5 13.16%
NCIS LA 5 13.16%
Modern Family 3 7.89%
Mount Pleasant 0 0%
Glee 3 7.89%
Fringe 8 21.05%
House 9 23.68%
The Simpsons 13 34.21%
A league of their own 3 7.89%
Trollied 2 5.26%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-03-2012, 14:44   #46
Doz007
cf.geek

Services: VM 200Mb BB, Sky Q Silver 2TB
Doz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation era
Re: Favourite Sky One Show

I can't believe the amount of people in this thread who don't find Ricky Gervais funny. Judging by the amount of awards he's won, I thought I was the only one!

Great to be amongst like minded folks!
Doz007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-03-2012, 14:45   #47
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

There are a lot of shows that get awards that i don't like
colin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 14:50   #48
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
The current Simpsons are variable - some of them are excellent, some are just pants.

I also agree about Ricky Gervaise, I found the office just stupid and boring, and gave it up after a couple of eps.
l have to agree with you on both counts as to me Ricky Gervais is vastly over-rated and compared to the old comedians he is definitely non league material when matched against the great comedians of old.
Old 11-03-2012, 15:25   #49
Mick Fisher
Inactive

Services: Sky Unlimited FibrePro Sky Talk Sky+HD
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Well you'd be vastly wrong never ever watch it , shows watched on Sky One in our house are as follows Strike Back , Hawaii Five O , NCIS LA , Stella , Mad Dogs etc.
I did enjoy Mad Dogs.

Sadly it is the only Sky1 show I have watched on a regular basis since IIRC Time Gentlemen Please.
Mick Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 15:55   #50
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doz007 View Post

No, I'm fairly sure that adverts only give you the option to set a reminder using the green button. I do agree though that setting a show to record straight from the advert would be very neat.
Just set a series link via green button on advert for Touch so if you see it you can set it.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 16:19   #51
Doz007
cf.geek

Services: VM 200Mb BB, Sky Q Silver 2TB
Doz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Just set a series link via green button on advert for Touch so if you see it you can set it.
Good stuff, I wasn't aware it worked like that. So even though the prompt on screen says 'remind me' it's really acts like a series link?
Doz007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 16:25   #52
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doz007 View Post
Good stuff, I wasn't aware it worked like that. So even though the prompt on screen says 'remind me' it's really acts like a series link?
Yes if you press green your took to a screen with the show listed you can press select for a reminder or R then select record once or record series.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote