Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Talk International 600% price rise!!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Fixed Phone Service

Phone Line Connection

Old 30-06-2011, 22:49   #1
TheRealGMan
Inactive

TheRealGMan is an unknown quantity at this point
Phone Line Connection

Hi All,

I live in a shared house and someone else is getting virgin when I already have a phone line and was wondering about a couple of things.

1. How do virgin media supply their phone lines? (i.e. through the cable or through the telephone line).

2. If they use the phone line, is it possible to use the phone line for both (I'm assuming not but my house mate insists that you can).

Thanks for your help in advance guys!
TheRealGMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 30-06-2011, 23:41   #2
Ben B
Inactive

Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array
Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array
Re: Phone Line Connection

A siamese cable comes from the box at the end of the street, one for the phone line and one for the broadband/tv services. Your question seems a little confusing as to whether they supply their phone lines through the cable or through the telephone line, I don't understand what you mean? If you mean do they use the BT line then no they don't, it's separate. Also since it is a shared house you can only have one Virgin Media account per household so if you already have an account then another person in your house won't be able to have one

Hope this helps
Ben B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 08:26   #3
TheRealGMan
Inactive

TheRealGMan is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Ben B,

Thanks for you reply! I did mean the BT line, but from what you've said, there will be a VM telephone line so it won't be a problem
TheRealGMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 09:52   #4
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Something Ben didn't mention is that in areas that has no VM cable service they do supply broadband through the BT line. He though would need the line holders permission..

It though does sound like it is cable, easiest way to check is to just go on the VM site and do the postcode check for cable services.
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote