Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Constant light pins and needles on 2 fingers on my right hand

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

Curry
Closed Thread

Old 20-07-2003, 19:28   #1
Bulky
Inactive

Bulky has reached the bronze age
Question Curry

This is probably a long shot but does anybody know where i can find recipes for curry (proper indian curry exactly as you would get in a restaraunt), i have searched google but hit a bit of a dead end,

please help I NEED CURRY
Old 20-07-2003, 19:31   #2
cjll3
Inactive

cjll3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Try the jars of Patak's Curry Paste. They have the recipe on the back. (Usually includes Patak's Curry Paste).
Old 20-07-2003, 19:34   #3
Bulky
Inactive

thanx but already tried them, i'm looking to cook from scratch, you have to cook an onion like gravy first and then blend spices but i can't find a recipe anywhere
Old 20-07-2003, 19:35   #4
paulyoung666
Permanently Banned

paulyoung666 has a nice shiny star
paulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny star
beware , a lad at work has a thing about curry , he tried a proper indian recipe and said it was ****e , and also took ****ing ages to cook with a lot of ingredients

anyway here you go curry
and more curry
maybe here even more curry

have fun

btw i found a good sauce in tesco's , tikka masala healthy eating , well impressed for a jar of sauce
Old 20-07-2003, 19:40   #5
Bulky
Inactive

thanx, will have to try it
Old 20-07-2003, 19:41   #6
paulyoung666
Permanently Banned

paulyoung666 has a nice shiny star
paulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny star
Quote:
Originally posted by bulkylad
thanx, will have to try it

ive just edited my post , check out the even more curry , there looks to be some good recipes there
Old 21-07-2003, 09:03   #7
Mr_Burns
Inactive

Mr_Burns is an unknown quantity at this point
I've cooked a few of the curries on this website and they've come out really well.

http://www.curryhouse.co.uk
Old 21-07-2003, 10:15   #8
Mark W

Mark W is on a distinguished roadMark W is on a distinguished road
ummm...if you are cooking to impress, why not just nip to a curry house, pick up a nice selection, get home and dump it into saucepans/frying pans etc just before the guest(s) arrive?
Old 21-07-2003, 12:22   #9
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura
To cook authentic curry from primary ingredients you need to go to an 'indian' supermarket. This is because you are going to need things like Asafoetida, Ghee, Curry leaves etc....unless you are happy doing that you should stick to jars and tins of 'authentic' curry paste like cjll3 mentioned. If you go to a good bookshop you will find lots of cookbooks devoted to curry.
Old 17-04-2009, 20:20   #10
Aragorn
Inactive

Aragorn has a nice shiny star
Aragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny star
Re: Curry

Is five and a half years a record bump?
I take it the balti had tinned ham in it?
Old 17-04-2009, 22:43   #11
Mick Fisher
Inactive

Services: Sky Unlimited FibrePro Sky Talk Sky+HD
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array

Try your local public library. A wonderful resource for almost anything you need to know.
Old 18-04-2009, 21:39   #12
budwieser
cf.mega poster

budwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny star
budwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by corky View Post
Long time lurker, first time poster. If you want authentic curry recipes, the best site has to be: http://www.cr0.co.uk/ When i say authentic i mean from a curry house. Some of the recipes for base sauces are out of the this world. I usually make a batch and fill the freezer!
Cheers Corky, Loads of great recipes in there. Thanks very much for the link/Site.

Welcome to CF by the way, Great first post imo.
Closed Thread