Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Epson printer - won't print black?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > General IT Discussion

Epson printer - won't print black?

Old 30-01-2009, 23:56   #16
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Epson printer - won't print black?

Do you have a chip resetter?? If so might be worth while resetting them and trying them again...
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 30-01-2009, 23:59   #17
zing_deleted

I thought the newer pattern carts that need resetting do so when you turn the printer off and on? my old r300 works pretty much all the time only thrown a cart wobbly once or twice and just worked second go . The newer epsons I knwo can be a bit more painful
Old 31-01-2009, 03:06   #18
idi banashapan
step on my trip

idi banashapan has a nice shiny star
idi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny star

you sure you've not inserted a white ink cartridge instead of a black one?
Old 31-01-2009, 12:41   #19
Pia
Inactive

Services: XL Phone XL BB V+ XL TV
Pia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny stars
Pia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Pia

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinglebarb View Post
so the inks that worked are now not recognised? I had thins just removed them replaced them and rebooted printer. I take it they are pattern parts
Yeah i used them a few weeks ago and no problems.

I don't know what you mean about pattern parts

I'll test it again today and see if it's throwing up any new errors
Pia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2009, 13:34   #20
Angua
10 yrs same company 😁

Services: ? BB, basic phone. Share of Disney+
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars

Just check the clear tape over the nozzle sometimes this doesn't get pierced properly when you replace the cartridge or the ink could have dried & blocked this. Alternatively get the rubber gloves on & remove the existing tape and replace with a new piece (this might also help with the printer cartridge recognition).
Angua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2009, 14:51   #21
altis
cf.mega poster

altis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny star
altis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny star

This is a great place to find solutions - particularly in the forums:

http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/
altis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 19:34   #22
StevieW
Inactive

StevieW is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
I have this problem where the colour prints fine but the black doesn't print or prints very faintly.
I have an xp-412 printer and the only way I found to get round this was to go to the properties page(after selecting print) and selecting the advanced tab and unticking the box marked 'High Speed'.
The document prints slower but at least it prints the whole thing including any black ink. I don't know why this happens. It may be that the high speed setting is not good for compatible black cartridges.
Maybe an expert can enlighten us.
Anyhow give it a try.
incidentally, I use the same cartridges in my epson xp-215 with no print issues at all - weird isn't it.
StevieW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 17:55   #23
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Welcome to the forum.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2015, 16:03   #24
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

I have an SX200 here with the same issue. Black ink wont print. Cyan, magenta and yellow are fine. I have tried cleaning the nozzle tip no joy
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2015, 22:29   #25
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Simple advice from a former Epson owner of 4 machines.Don't buy any more..get a different make..something like a Brother.
Old 30-09-2015, 23:36   #26
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

Sorted. I used a suction device, an anti venom syringe to be precise to suck up any crap out the nozzle.
Old 01-10-2015, 09:32   #27
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
Simple advice from a former Epson owner of 4 machines.Don't buy any more..get a different make..something like a Brother.
This. I got truly fed up of Epsons blocking. I haven't bought one in years.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 10:02   #28
thenry
Inactive

I'm going to have to go back in with a football pump or something
Old 01-10-2015, 10:06   #29
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
This. I got truly fed up of Epsons blocking. I haven't bought one in years.
I bought a Epson PX730WD with a CISS kit a couple of years ago and apart from needing the pick-up rollers roughening up I've never had a problem with it.. BUT it is in daily use and that's what makes the difference.. Epsons don't like being stood unused and it only takes a week or two for the ink in the printheads to start to solidify.
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 11:00   #30
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

In most domestic situations, the ability to stand unused for a week or two is pretty much the single most important feature a printer can have ...
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote