Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Suck!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion

Virgin Suck!

Old 16-04-2008, 19:51   #46
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Virgin Suck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by roland69uk View Post
funny you said that, since i upgraded to the V+ box my microwave does not ping anymore
Try a traceroute
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 18-04-2008, 02:26   #47
hoggie
Inactive

Services: V+.XL tv & Bb
hoggie is just really nicehoggie is just really nicehoggie is just really nicehoggie is just really nicehoggie is just really nicehoggie is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by roland69uk View Post
funny you said that, since i upgraded to the V+ box my microwave does not ping anymore
just stand infront of it and when you see all zero's shout PING

Works for me
hoggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2008, 02:35   #48
webcrawler2050
Inactive

Services: TiVo 110MB BB Phone Line
webcrawler2050 has reached the bronze age
webcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to webcrawler2050

hahah thats just hilarious!

Coming back after a weeks Ban - this is funny!
webcrawler2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2008, 14:36   #49
tvtimes
Inactive

Services: Sky entertainment, kids and HD package, Sky Fibre Unlimited broadband, XBOX one, PS4 and Android box
tvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan4katie View Post
im sick of this.... i was previously with ntl. i had ntl installed 4 days before my daughter was born 2 years ago and had absolutly no problem... they did there utmost to fix my problems and fixed them straight away.

then 2 years later virgin media take over and destroy the lot. slow downloads even with non bit torrent downloads, very slow browsing, i like to play a few online games when i get the time i.e call of duty 4 and the ping is just so horrible barley playable. ive rung them up 4 times and complained but nothing gets done

im on a 20mb line and i do a speed test with www.speedtest.net (maidenhead server) i get 450 ping 1.5mb download, 80 upload and all i get is the usual crap oh theres maintence in ur area... im sure maintence doesnt take 4 months

anyone else had same problems ? and feel like they need to get a new isp

thanks for reading my stupid post :P
You can blame your beloved NTL for the problems!

Telewest was voted best customers services for years running best isp for years running etc.
NTL was a company plagued with problems and then they bought Telewest! They rebranded and rent the Virgin name after acquiring Vmobile. It is the same stupid NTL Board and stupid NTL share holders making the choices!

Before going off on one learn the facts.
tvtimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2008, 14:49   #50
webcrawler2050
Inactive

webcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvtimes View Post

Telewest was voted best customers services for years running best isp for years running etc.
NTL was a company plagued with problems and then they bought Telewest! They rebranded and rent the Virgin name after acquiring Vmobile. It is the same stupid NTL Board and stupid NTL share holders making the choices!

This is the same every where - especially in the hosting industry! People just dont have the noggins to go and find out first before slating!
Old 19-04-2008, 18:32   #51
lostandconfused
Inactive

Services: 2 X V+ XL TV XL BB XL Telco
lostandconfused has reached the bronze age
lostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze age

Quote:

Whilst i agree with what your saying.

Ntl didnt buy Telewest they merged.
Virgin mobile and virgin.net were owned by ntl prior to the merge
Since it was a merger the shareholders are both ntl and telewest.
lostandconfused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2008, 22:51   #52
arcamalpha2004

Quote:

No sorry.
That persons contract is now with vm, it is now their problem, not NTL'S, which now does not exist
Old 20-04-2008, 02:18   #53
hoggie
Inactive

hoggie is just really nicehoggie is just really nicehoggie is just really nicehoggie is just really nicehoggie is just really nicehoggie is just really nice

my brother lived in Dagenham and used NTL nothing but trouble from day one.
They take the Virgin name and its still trouble and it still says NTL on parts of his bill.
i live in Essex and we are telewest with the Virgin name, service excellent.one of the best in the country (thurrock).
my brother is moving nearby and can't wait for a real 20mb service not the so called 20mb Ntl service.

its all down to who put the spaghetti under the pavement NTL or Telewest.
Virgin are just the sauce......sending out the bills
Old 20-04-2008, 16:36   #54
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoggie View Post
my brother lived in Dagenham and used NTL nothing but trouble from day one.
They take the Virgin name and its still trouble and it still says NTL on parts of his bill.
i live in Essex and we are telewest with the Virgin name, service excellent.one of the best in the country (thurrock).
my brother is moving nearby and can't wait for a real 20mb service not the so called 20mb Ntl service.

its all down to who put the spaghetti under the pavement NTL or Telewest.
Virgin are just the sauce......sending out the bills
Actually, a lot of it precedes NTL or Telewest; the original infrastructure could have been (mmmm, let's see if I can remember the companies before NTL and Telewest bought them out)
Diamond Cable
Cable London
Encom
Jones Cable
PacTel
Nynex
Comcast
Videotron
CableTel
Birmingham Cable
Yorkshire Cable
Atlantic
Cambridge Cable

Probably forgotten some - so as you can see, there are lots of different infrastructures that need merging / updating.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2008, 16:52   #55
hoggie
Inactive

telewest used Diamond Cable around here and they did a good job

and i don't know who is working on the system at the moment put its all being updated around here.
it was ok and working fine,hope they don't ball's it up
Old 20-04-2008, 21:53   #56
snazzy
Inactive

Services: BB/TV/Phone
snazzy is on a distinguished roadsnazzy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan4katie View Post
im sick of this.... i was previously with ntl. i had ntl installed 4 days before my daughter was born 2 years ago and had absolutly no problem... they did there utmost to fix my problems and fixed them straight away.

then 2 years later virgin media take over and destroy the lot. slow downloads even with non bit torrent downloads, very slow browsing, i like to play a few online games when i get the time i.e call of duty 4 and the ping is just so horrible barley playable. ive rung them up 4 times and complained but nothing gets done

im on a 20mb line and i do a speed test with www.speedtest.net (maidenhead server) i get 450 ping 1.5mb download, 80 upload and all i get is the usual crap oh theres maintence in ur area... im sure maintence doesnt take 4 months

anyone else had same problems ? and feel like they need to get a new isp

thanks for reading my stupid post :P

It'd be better if you helped the guy out in stead of ripping the p... out of the post. The part he says since Virgin took over is a phrase used over and over on this forum. It serves as a point of reference for when it started to go seriously wrong broadband wise.

I'm way way ahead of you with the poor speeds. For me it's a utilisation issue. I keep getting new dates for fixes but nothing has 100% sorted it out yet, but it it getting a little better.
snazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2008, 00:46   #57
webcrawler2050
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by snazzy View Post
It'd be better if you helped the guy out in stead of ripping the p... out of the post. The part he says since Virgin took over is a phrase used over and over on this forum. It serves as a point of reference for when it started to go seriously wrong broadband wise.

I'm way way ahead of you with the poor speeds. For me it's a utilisation issue. I keep getting new dates for fixes but nothing has 100% sorted it out yet, but it it getting a little better.

Doesnt bother me - I have a full 20MB service. God I remember when it was Diamond Cable We used to have it when I was a kid... dont know why we changed to be honest
Old 21-04-2008, 01:03   #58
hoggie
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by snazzy View Post

instead of using speedtest.net which gives some very strange results some times.
Try speedguide.net and download there internet TCPOpimizer.

max out the settings and run your card to 100Mbps/full Duplex.

all this can also be found on the virgin home page.

sorry for the funny ha ha's but we are with Virgin and you need a laugh
Old 21-04-2008, 14:41   #59
tvtimes
Inactive

Services: Sky entertainment, kids and HD package, Sky Fibre Unlimited broadband, XBOX one, PS4 and Android box
tvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostandconfused View Post
Whilst i agree with what your saying.

Ntl didnt buy Telewest they merged.
Virgin mobile and virgin.net were owned by ntl prior to the merge
Since it was a merger the shareholders are both ntl and telewest.
For companies to merge one needs to buy the other! It's a well known fact that NTL actually wanted to buy Telewest but they couldn't on paper due them being near on bankrupt so on paper Telewest bought NTL.

---------- Post added at 13:41 ---------- Previous post was at 13:39 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcamalpha2004 View Post
No sorry.
That persons contract is now with vm, it is now their problem, not NTL'S, which now does not exist
You obviously do not understand my post. Read it again! He was happy with his NTL services and now blames VM for the trouble! His beloved ntl are still in charge but under a different name which they choose to rent because Ntl had such a bad rep!
tvtimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2008, 10:21   #60
webcrawler2050
Inactive

Quote:
haha this is funny!

My PC blue screened it's Virgin's fault!

Mate,

its the same network, the same staff, the same board of directors, same services all thats different is they paid £30 Million to use the Virgin name oh and they merged all 3 NTL, Telewest & Blueyonder!