Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | what does "PLEASE SUBMIT IN TRIPLICATE"

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Should men grow their fingernails?
View Poll Results: Should men have long nails or short?
Anything is fine as long as they're clean and well manicured 4 16.67%
Past the end of the finger is ok, but no more than 1cm 0 0%
Level with the fingertip is fine 10 41.67%
A little short of the finger tip, preferably not chewed to achieve that length 10 41.67%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old 23-07-2004, 12:14   #1
Jon M
Inactive

Services: Rural BB - Radio Link via Virgin Fibre
Jon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze array
Jon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze array
Send a message via MSN to Jon M
Should men grow their fingernails?

Personally, I think it looks utterly vile if a guy has long fingernails...

Here's some pictures to help you make your mind up:
** Warning ** Don't follow this link if the idea of men with long nails makes you queasy
http://www.xs4all.nl/~richardw/nails.htm
Jon M is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 23-07-2004, 12:15   #2
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Re: Should men grow their fingernails?

Since I bite mine - they will never get long.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2004, 12:22   #3
paulyoung666
Permanently Banned

paulyoung666 has a nice shiny star
paulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny star

, nice and short is the way , plus you will have less chance of catching one and ripping it off
paulyoung666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2004, 12:35   #4
Dave Stones
Inactive

Services: BT Broadband Option 3, BT Landline, Freeview
Dave Stones has reached the bronze age
Dave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to Dave Stones

i think just the same length of the fingertip is right. people with long nails need shooting, as do the people that bite their fingernails (think the really short ones that make their fingers look horrible, where the nail ends up about 0.5cm long).
Dave Stones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2004, 12:50   #5
Escapee
cf.mega poster

Escapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze array
Escapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M
Since I bite mine - they will never get long.
I bite mine as well, so its not an issue.

I just wished they grew a bit faster!
Old 23-07-2004, 12:51   #6
danielf
cf.mega poser

danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura
danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura

I suppose clean is nice, but other than that, I couldn't care less. Manicured is definitely not a requirement. I tear mine btw.
Old 23-07-2004, 12:56   #7
kink

Quote:
Originally Posted by s1lv3r
Personally, I think it looks utterly vile if a guy has long fingernails...

Here's some pictures to help you make your mind up:
** Warning ** Don't follow this link if the idea of men with long nails makes you queasy
http://www.xs4all.nl/~richardw/nails.htm
And you think a woman with nails that long doesn't look vile?
The things that you have to negotiate that other people take for granted....... when i worked for Brent Council and saw nails that long either fake or real we decided that they gave the term 'Poop 'n' Scoop' added meaning
Old 23-07-2004, 12:59   #8
Jon M
Inactive

Jon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by kink
And you think a woman with nails that long doesn't look vile?
I may have mis-read that question I think.. but anything over an inch would tend to look a bit slutty if you know what I mean
Old 23-07-2004, 13:11   #9
kink

Quote:
Originally Posted by s1lv3r
I may have mis-read that question I think.. but anything over an inch would tend to look a bit slutty if you know what I mean

I think the link you provided was what threw me....... the examples shown there are more than a little extreme for either sex

But i didn't equate your use of 'vile' with 'slutty' and now i know
I don't see the length of nails being anything other than impractical and a waste of time...... better spent doing other things
I only meant to say that if i used the examples in the link as a guideline...... then i'd find either sex guilty of having nothing better to do.....

PS. oh and i'd get cremated if i were you........ they keep growing after you die so you'll have no choice in the matter *wonders if there's a Hollywood company which offers Post-Burial beautician services....... *
Old 27-07-2004, 00:11   #10
Gareth
cf.mega poster

Gareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny stars
Gareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny stars

Level with fingertip, imo ...apart from the 3rd finger on the left hand if you're a classical guitarist. Personally, I bite 'em, even though it's a disgusting habit and they're usually full of germs and stuff
Gareth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2004, 00:19   #11
bb31
Inactive

bb31 has reached the bronze age
bb31 has reached the bronze agebb31 has reached the bronze agebb31 has reached the bronze agebb31 has reached the bronze agebb31 has reached the bronze agebb31 has reached the bronze agebb31 has reached the bronze agebb31 has reached the bronze agebb31 has reached the bronze agebb31 has reached the bronze agebb31 has reached the bronze agebb31 has reached the bronze agebb31 has reached the bronze agebb31 has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to bb31

just level with the finger tip, enough to run them up and down my back will do for me
bb31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2004, 00:29   #12
Marge
Inactive

Marge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny stars
Marge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb31
just level with the finger tip, enough to run them up and down my back will do for me
ditto
Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2004, 00:38   #13
Earl of Bronze

Level with the fingertip, needed for axework.

And as bb31 and Chesty42 pointed out, also good for running down a womans back.
Old 27-07-2004, 08:24   #14
Jon M
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by kink
PS. oh and i'd get cremated if i were you........ they keep growing after you die so you'll have no choice in the matter *wonders if there's a Hollywood company which offers Post-Burial beautician services....... *

Nice one, although there's other things that can happen to a dead body that I'd be more worried about... my sister-in-law is a nurse and has some great stories about dealing with the deceased.
One of my favourites has to be the escape of built up gas from the body, which has obvious effects.. but sometimes a body will get such a build up that it will burp, but not only that, it can sit up to do so.. then even more weird.. it can make vocal noises because of the air ( more likely methane ) going past the voice box. lovely eh!
Old 27-07-2004, 10:31   #15
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Having followed the link I was left wondering about the mentality of the person who set up the website!!

Who thinks about this stuff? I frankly have too many other things to worrry about.

Incog.