Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Free Line Rental?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Fixed Phone Service

Free Line Rental?

Old 31-07-2010, 11:19   #1
DrXerox
Inactive

DrXerox is an unknown quantity at this point
Free Line Rental?

Has or does anyone have a package with VM that includes free line rental?

I noticed on this month bill that line rental has gone up from £11 to £11.99.
On all my previous bills I had line rental £11, then line rental discount -£11.

On this months bill the discount is missing.

I rang CS who tell me that the discount was for a second phone line that I used to have.
The second line was years ago and was used for dial up internet before broadband was available. I gave up that second line years ago when I went onto broadband.

CS say that that discount has now finished.

So are they correct or should I still get free line rental as it was part of my original deal?
DrXerox is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 31-07-2010, 11:24   #2
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Free Line Rental?

If it was for a 2nd line and that line is now removed then the discount shouldn't be there.. Just think yourself lucky that it's taken this long for VM to realise their mistake
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2010, 11:33   #3
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrXerox View Post
Has or does anyone have a package with VM that includes free line rental?

I noticed on this month bill that line rental has gone up from £11 to £11.99.
On all my previous bills I had line rental £11, then line rental discount -£11.

On this months bill the discount is missing.

I rang CS who tell me that the discount was for a second phone line that I used to have.
The second line was years ago and was used for dial up internet before broadband was available. I gave up that second line years ago when I went onto broadband.

CS say that that discount has now finished.

So are they correct or should I still get free line rental as it was part of my original deal?
Everyone has to pay line rental, only staff get it free. So you've had a few years of under-payment.

If it was the other way around, you might be asking for a refund
Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2010, 13:20   #4
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
Everyone has to pay line rental, only staff get it free.
Do we.

Sshh.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2010, 16:53   #5
pabs
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD TV, VM 10Mb Broadband and XL Phone.
pabs is on a distinguished roadpabs is on a distinguished road

How long had you been getting the £11.00 discount for? Was the discount part of a new contract deal?
pabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2010, 20:38   #6
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pabs View Post
How long had you been getting the £11.00 discount for? Was the discount part of a new contract deal?
If you re read the first post you will see where he mentions that it was a discount for a previous 2nd line that was accidentally left on the account.
Old 31-07-2010, 23:51   #7
pabs
Inactive

The reason why I ask is I don't pay for line rental either and I'm not staff. :-)
Old 31-07-2010, 23:56   #8
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Quote:
The reason why I ask is I don't pay for line rental either and I'm not staff. :-)
Then you either have a good deal or are lucky.

Who said we did not pay, be quiet that man.
Old 01-08-2010, 00:09   #9
pabs
Inactive

Well that's nice to know. Cheers Masque.
Old 01-08-2010, 09:47   #10
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Well that's nice to know. Cheers Masque.
I will not tell anyone about you paying no line rental either.
Old 01-08-2010, 09:52   #11
DrXerox
Inactive

DrXerox is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masque View Post
Then you either have a good deal or are lucky.
Guys, that's the whole point of my post.

It seems that I'm not the only one who was/is getting free line rental. I don't remember if it was part of my original package or as CS said, a deal that has now ended.

Any way I can find out?
DrXerox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 09:55   #12
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

The only way would be from account notes and that's probably what CS has used to realise that the discount is no longer valid
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 12:14   #13
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrXerox View Post
Guys, that's the whole point of my post.

It seems that I'm not the only one who was/is getting free line rental. I don't remember if it was part of my original package or as CS said, a deal that has now ended.

Any way I can find out?
If the discount was for a second line which you no longer have then that would be reflected in the notes.

It appears that you may have still been getting the discount after you disconnected the second line, if that is so then you have done well out of it until someone in Billing must have noticed the discrepancy and reinstated it.

If you are still unsure then you should call up and ask on 150.