Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media Installation Nightmare!!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Installation Issues

Virgin Media Installation Nightmare!!

Old 21-02-2011, 23:15   #1
d_fairclough
Inactive

d_fairclough is an unknown quantity at this point
Virgin Media Installation Nightmare!!

Having a nightmare with installation, apologies in advance for the LONG story but hopefully someone may be able to help?

We went into the Virgin store on 25th Nov as we wanted to sign up for TV, Phone and Broadband. We had previously been a Sky customer and were happy with the service we received from them but after finding out what Virgin had to offer decided to go with yourselves. We signed up and were due to have it installed on the 4th December between 1 and 6pm. After waiting in all day I decided to ring Virgin Customer Care about 4.30 as it was getting dark and knowing it can take up to 2 hours for the installation I was getting worried no one would turn up. I was assured that they were finishing up a job and ours was next so he’d be round shortly. An hour later and still no sign so another phone call and this time was told he was en route. 6.30 comes and still no sign, so I ring again and he is still on his way, I asked if he will still definitely come tonight and was assured he would be. An hour later I am annoyed at wasting my time and being lied to by various members of the ‘Customer Care’ team so at 7.30 I ring again to be told the engineer has cancelled due to adverse weather conditions! This annoyed me as it was the one weekend in Nov/Dec when it wasn’t icy or snowing! When I questioned what time our installation had been cancelled I was informed the note had been placed on our account around 6.15, before I last rang! And when I asked why we hadn’t been informed the person in India I was speaking to neither knew or cared. I cared as I had spent long enough on phone calls to a premium rate number off a mobile!

I was passed on to someone who seemed to want to help and when I asked for him to ring me back as I was on my mobile he agreed and promised to ring me back WITHIN 30 minutes as he was going to ring around and try to sort something. Almost an hour later I realise that there won’t be a call and again I was going to have to ring up myself. I explain my situation AGAIN and ask for the guy who had promised to ring me back only to be told he left for the day!! As you can imagine I wasn’t best pleased and when I question this I am told that now he hasn’t left but is on the phone to another customer. I ask to be put through to him as he had promised to ring me back but was told they can’t do that as the person I was now talking to is in a different call centre?! I then asked to rearrange installation but again was told no as they had just closed for the day and when I asked to cancel as by now I was really annoyed and fed up was also told I’d have to ring a completely different premium rate number or go into the shop.

The next day (Sunday) I went into the shop to cancel Virgin. The lady in the shop said she would ring up to see what the problem was with the installation and she was told that the note on my account now says there is a construction issue, so by the time I complained about there being no reason for the installation to be cancelled as the weather was good for December they had changed the reason. This just confirmed to me that I should cancel Virgin and not have to put up with rubbish service. On the Monday another member from the store rang me to apologise or everything and say he was going to cancel my account but if I wanted to hold off for a while he was going to try and sort out a new installation date to which I replied that I will hold off before cancelling in the hope a new installation date would be soon.

This was forgotten about over Christmas as I hadn’t heard anything, including nothing from the emailed complaint I sent which Virgin state to respond to within 7 days. On the 10th January I get a phone call from Virgin to apologise that my installation date of the 18th was to be cancelled as when next door have just recently had Virgin installed they saw a blockage which meant we couldn’t have it installed. I inform the guy that I didn’t know anything about a new install date and had assumed the account had been cancelled as we never heard anything from Virgin. He said he would look into it and would ring us back...I didn’t hold my breath! I was also slightly annoyed that between our cancelled installation (4th Dec) and our neighbour getting Virgin that nobody had been to look at the ‘problem’ again.

On the 13th Feb me and my partner decide to go and speak to the person at the Sky stand as we wanted TV, Phone and Broadband sorted by the time our baby is born (due 11th March). As we were listening to what Sky could offer us we realised that what Virgin offer, even though it’s more expansive, is ultimately better and we both decided to pop in and see if the problem had been resolved. We went in, explained what had happened and after finding out our account had been cancelled in the end we asked Marc to find out if the problem had been sorted. He rang to find out in front of us and was relieved when the answer was a yes. We again signed up and had an installation date for 25th Feb.

Sunday 20th Feb I receive a voicemail to say our installation had been cancelled due to construction work being needed and with no mention of another date. I immediately ring the Virgin shop and spoke to Gareth who said he’ll try and find out what’s happening and he’d ring back tomorrow (Monday) after he’d spoken to the appropriate department. Monday 21st I get a call from Marc first thing to say he is trying to find out whats happening but has come up with no answers but will keep trying. A couple of hours later I get a call from Virgin (not the shop) to be told construction had been approved but would take at least 4 weeks, obviously I wasn’t best pleased and asked for a reason to be told that that is just the case and is that ok. I said its becoming a bit of a joke but I will speak to the guys at the Virgin shop. To this he replied that if I’m not happy with it he will cancel my account now! I didn’t like the way he was speaking to me so I thanked him for actually ringing me and keeping me informed as this was not the case last time and that I’d speak to the shop first, through this he was trying to talk over me being rude so I said thanks again and put the phone down.

I then received another 4 calls from the rude man I’d just spoken to one after another. When my phone went quiet long enough for me to use my phone I then rang the shop and spoke to Marc who then informed us our account had been cancelled by whoever I’d just spoke to on the phone!! We then went into the shop to get a refund of the 49.99 we had paid and after speaking to Gareth and David decided to hang fire again in the hope something can be done.
d_fairclough is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 22-02-2011, 03:31   #2
johnathome
cf.geek

Services: 125Mb VM BB. Prime, XBMC. Paramount+, Netflix, D+
johnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to all
Re: Virgin Media Installation Nightmare!!

Blimey thats quite shocking treatment, i'd wait till the install was done and then complain, especially about the guy from virgin who had a hissy fit and cancelled your install.
johnathome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2011, 17:55   #3
d_fairclough
Inactive

Hey, now found out the problem is a 'tee block'?! Can anyone shed any light on what this is and how long they usually take to fix?
Old 22-02-2011, 18:11   #4
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one

A tee is the access point at your boundry into VM's ducting. Probably needs a council permit to dig up the pavement.
nodrogd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2011, 18:29   #5
d_fairclough
Inactive

Next door have succesfully had VM installed during our wait? Would it not be the same access point? Apparently they have now got permission but will take another 4 weeks?! Think I may be best cancelling then geting VM again when Tivo is out?
Old 02-09-2012, 00:50   #6
Mohsinali5
Inactive

Mohsinali5 is an unknown quantity at this point

Good Morning and Hello,

I hope you are keeping well and fine.

I am bringing to your attention about an important issue and complaint.I hope you will not let me down as I am writing this email with big hope.

I have ordered my virgin broadband service on Th of July 2012. First of all I left the BT and came to Virgin Media thought will be good service and more organised. But was very disappointed and ****ed of. was treated very badley.

A. When I ordered my broadband , I was told that my credit check has been referred and some will call me back with the result even I have excellent credit history. Point is that no one bother to call me I had to call severel time every day to find out about order and get the updates.

B. lady at the sales team call centre that good news I am in cable area and My installation was book for St Of September 2012 Saturday. I had to wait about 1/2 months 6 weeks to installation need to be done. I had cancelled my Bt broadband as I was expecting to have my Virgin Media broadband install on 01/09/2012 Saturday. I was given a slot between 08:00- 13:00. I was I have to there.

C. I took my day off from work as I meant to be working that day between 08:00 to 18:00. But I have booked day off for present . First thing on Saturday 01/09/2012. Technician showed up for installation , I was excited that he will do the installation in few minutes or hours and I will virgin media soon. I was told by technician that He can not do this job as there is no cable on my house. He said he is new not from this area. He said there is brand new cable need for my house and need construction work for new cable to pull out.
This was shocked to me as I was so upset and distributed. He spoke to the local field Manager His name was Simon. Technican came to my house with dirty boots shoes he did not use socks.
Well technician put me through to Simon the manager who advised me that this is not his fault and not his problem this is head office , My installation cant be done today. Was very rude and not helpful at all. He said he need to do lot of paper work and will call me back or will come physically to see the site. Site visit was not done by him neither any call was made to me.
Well why this was not point out before or why not pre install visit was done. Why this all happen to on the day. I was upset and depressed. So bad.

D. I called customer service same time and was put to pre install team then installation team then cancellation team. no help available , Only I was told local manager will call me with in hour which did not happen whole day. I called 7 times to the customer services team and installation team but was no luck same story every time. spent about few hours on the phone.

E. Poor communication form VM. Then same night I did try again to speak to installation team and I was told my installation was moved to 12/09/2012. 12th of September date with out telling me was moved. I have no broadband for till then but not sure that will happen on that day again. Why so long to get on cable done even they can see box and cable need to bury in grass there is no concrete working involve at all.

My point this How come this is very bad orgoinse , rude staff, unprofessional, Why shall I still wait for an other two weeks even this is not fault of mine.
No my worry is this as no one telling me what is going on, no one is investigating, I am helpless no help available from any where. No one is bothering to call me and no one is chasing for me . I am so upset and distributed.
I dont know what is going to be happen .

I am temporary worker ,work through recruitment agency and I lost my one day wages of £120.00 who is responsible for this. My family will suffered for this. I only get paid when I work , If I dont work I dont get paid. My health was distributed as I was so upset and stress.

This is ridiculous and very sad for such is big company and very bad orgoinse by installation team and customer services is rubbish and poor communication.

I think they doing this to purpusly as a racist way as they not helping me. Where shall I go what shall I do. ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????

Of,com , citizen advice beauru and obdomation I wil try every where.

**** I want to get my installation done ASAP.
****I want compensation for my stress and loss of earning and working and suffering with out services.
**** Can some one bother to let me know when and what is going to happen , can my installation could be done by this Xmas.
Stupid rubbish services. World worse rubbish services I ever seen. Worse the BT. How can I recmonded some one for virgin media, where is customer services where is worth of mouth. What a joke company.

If you put yourself in my position what you wil do.

I hope you will understand the matter and will order some thing urgent need to be done asap.

Regards

Mr Mohsin Ali
Mob. MOD Edit.
Mohsinali5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 01:48   #7
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

Not a Virgin run Forum mate, and I would advise taking out the mobile number otherwise someone could start making prank calls/texts.

Also, you mention losing one day's wages. I fail to see how Virgin failing to do anything on your account could have caused you to lose those wages. I smell a rat here, and think you are a troll.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 10:37   #8
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohsinali5 View Post
Good Morning and Hello,

Mr Mohsin Ali
Mob. MOD Edit.
Good Morning to you also.As has been pointed out Cable Forum is not affiliated with VM.It is a privately owned site that offers a place to obtain advice and possibly some solutions for cable users and a variety of problems.

You need to address your concerns first of all to VM.
I have edited out your mobile number as a precaution.It is not a good idea to post it online.

Please let us know what results you achieve when you contact VM.
Old 02-09-2012, 11:32   #9
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Playing the race card is pretty much a 'below the belt' tactic. Your money is as good as anyone's to VM and to suggest they're being racist will lose you a lot of respect and credibility in this.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 12:39   #10
jungleguy
Inactive

Services: phone TV & BB
jungleguy is a glorious beacon of lightjungleguy is a glorious beacon of lightjungleguy is a glorious beacon of lightjungleguy is a glorious beacon of lightjungleguy is a glorious beacon of lightjungleguy is a glorious beacon of lightjungleguy is a glorious beacon of light

you earn £120 a day????? that's £600 a week???? that's £2,400 a month?????
I'm in the wrong job
jungleguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 14:38   #11
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleguy View Post
you earn £120 a day????? that's £600 a week???? that's £2,400 a month?????
I'm in the wrong job

Some jobs do pay out those sums.Supply teaching for one.

As one cannot assume that one will be required 5 days a week,every month plus there would be no employment required during school holidays then one can see how such amounts won't necessarily mean one earns those vast sums.Only one year did I earn more than £9000 for the school year.Plus the tax one would pay on such sums is quite annoying at the time.

Nice when you get a tax rebate though..

Oh and you don't get sick pay...
Old 02-09-2012, 22:58   #12
jungleguy
Inactive

Services: phone TV & BB
jungleguy is a glorious beacon of lightjungleguy is a glorious beacon of lightjungleguy is a glorious beacon of lightjungleguy is a glorious beacon of lightjungleguy is a glorious beacon of lightjungleguy is a glorious beacon of lightjungleguy is a glorious beacon of light

but I can spell and punctuate......I have no chance of ever being a supply teacher......lol
jungleguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 10:04   #13
gj4009
Inactive

gj4009 is an unknown quantity at this point

I earn 110 a day as a scaffolder, i know some scaffs on 160s a day ... its plenty believable he earns 120 a day depends on his job. But in fairness his grasp on english is a pile of it, so i cant imagine what he's doing ... dealing maybe? And as for thinking hes the poor hard done by race victim ... do me a favour mate its people like you that make more problems than the majority of the rest of us.
gj4009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 14:05   #14
Graham M
-

Services: FreeSat+ Tivo V-Box VM 60MBit
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Graham M Send a message via Yahoo to Graham M

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleguy View Post
but I can spell and punctuate......I have no chance of ever being a supply teacher......lol
Read Maggy's post properly, foot, mouth, in, rearrange.
Graham M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 16:38   #15
paulsouth

Services: sky+hd 1TB freeview virgin bb 30mbps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohsinali5 View Post
Good Morning and Hello,

I hope you are keeping well and fine.

I am bringing to your attention about an important issue and complaint.I hope you will not let me down as I am writing this email with big hope.

I have ordered my virgin broadband service on Th of July 2012. First of all I left the BT and came to Virgin Media thought will be good service and more organised. But was very disappointed and ****ed of. was treated very badley.

A. When I ordered my broadband , I was told that my credit check has been referred and some will call me back with the result even I have excellent credit history. Point is that no one bother to call me I had to call severel time every day to find out about order and get the updates.

B. lady at the sales team call centre that good news I am in cable area and My installation was book for St Of September 2012 Saturday. I had to wait about 1/2 months 6 weeks to installation need to be done. I had cancelled my Bt broadband as I was expecting to have my Virgin Media broadband install on 01/09/2012 Saturday. I was given a slot between 08:00- 13:00. I was I have to there.

C. I took my day off from work as I meant to be working that day between 08:00 to 18:00. But I have booked day off for present . First thing on Saturday 01/09/2012. Technician showed up for installation , I was excited that he will do the installation in few minutes or hours and I will virgin media soon. I was told by technician that He can not do this job as there is no cable on my house. He said he is new not from this area. He said there is brand new cable need for my house and need construction work for new cable to pull out.
This was shocked to me as I was so upset and distributed. He spoke to the local field Manager His name was Simon. Technican came to my house with dirty boots shoes he did not use socks.
Well technician put me through to Simon the manager who advised me that this is not his fault and not his problem this is head office , My installation cant be done today. Was very rude and not helpful at all. He said he need to do lot of paper work and will call me back or will come physically to see the site. Site visit was not done by him neither any call was made to me.
Well why this was not point out before or why not pre install visit was done. Why this all happen to on the day. I was upset and depressed. So bad.

D. I called customer service same time and was put to pre install team then installation team then cancellation team. no help available , Only I was told local manager will call me with in hour which did not happen whole day. I called 7 times to the customer services team and installation team but was no luck same story every time. spent about few hours on the phone.

E. Poor communication form VM. Then same night I did try again to speak to installation team and I was told my installation was moved to 12/09/2012. 12th of September date with out telling me was moved. I have no broadband for till then but not sure that will happen on that day again. Why so long to get on cable done even they can see box and cable need to bury in grass there is no concrete working involve at all.

My point this How come this is very bad orgoinse , rude staff, unprofessional, Why shall I still wait for an other two weeks even this is not fault of mine.
No my worry is this as no one telling me what is going on, no one is investigating, I am helpless no help available from any where. No one is bothering to call me and no one is chasing for me . I am so upset and distributed.
I dont know what is going to be happen .

I am temporary worker ,work through recruitment agency and I lost my one day wages of £120.00 who is responsible for this. My family will suffered for this. I only get paid when I work , If I dont work I dont get paid. My health was distributed as I was so upset and stress.

This is ridiculous and very sad for such is big company and very bad orgoinse by installation team and customer services is rubbish and poor communication.

I think they doing this to purpusly as a racist way as they not helping me. Where shall I go what shall I do. ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????

Of,com , citizen advice beauru and obdomation I wil try every where.

**** I want to get my installation done ASAP.
****I want compensation for my stress and loss of earning and working and suffering with out services.
**** Can some one bother to let me know when and what is going to happen , can my installation could be done by this Xmas.
Stupid rubbish services. World worse rubbish services I ever seen. Worse the BT. How can I recmonded some one for virgin media, where is customer services where is worth of mouth. What a joke company.

If you put yourself in my position what you wil do.

I hope you will understand the matter and will order some thing urgent need to be done asap.

Regards

Mr Mohsin Ali
Mob. MOD Edit.
how can it be racisim?? most of the crew are asian or black.. the customer service are asians..