Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)
Closed Thread

Old 22-03-2017, 20:47   #871
jj20x

Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthorn View Post
Just read the small print, yea it is free but I`ve got to cancel by the 30th April or it will continue at the normal rates. Still its nice to have it free for a month
Always sensible to read the small print.

Advertisement
Old 22-03-2017, 20:59   #872
telegramsam
telegramsam

Services: Sky Q,Multiscreen, Sky phone line, Sky broadband,Free view.
telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future

Quote:
Just read the small print, yea it is free but I`ve got to cancel by the 30th April or it will continue at the normal rates. Still its nice to have it free for a month
That's the norm. Had a similar offer last year.
Old 22-03-2017, 21:53   #873
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Did you have to phone to start it or did the channels automatically come on? If they automatically came on and they then try to charge you for not cancelling, I think they'd be on dodgy ground.

If it's one of those free trials where you have to phone up to start it and are worried that you'll forget, why not cancel at the same time . That's what I did when I got a free upgrade to the Family Pack years ago.

I think that these promotions work on the idea that people won't cancel due to forgetfulness or inertia as much as showcasing what's on offer to tempt customers to subscribe.

I'd be very surprised if Sky wasn't behind and funding this initiative. The take up of Sky Moves is very low on VM.
Old 23-03-2017, 11:04   #874
The Yank
Inactive

Services: VIP(300BB) 2xV6 Boxes
The Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Always nice to keep some things as suprises
think they might surprise me but putting my VIP bill of £150PLUS back to the equivalent top package cost without me incurring a new contract?

I am hoping to move house sometime in the next year but incase the house we find is in a non vm area I will not sign a new contract which I was told I would need to.
Old 23-03-2017, 11:12   #875
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Oomph 600mb, XL TV, Sky Movies & Sports HD, Amazon Prime, Netflix UHD
Ultimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yank View Post
think they might surprise me but putting my VIP bill of £150PLUS back to the equivalent top package cost without me incurring a new contract?

I am hoping to move house sometime in the next year but incase the house we find is in a non vm area I will not sign a new contract which I was told I would need to.
How come you are paying £150+, the VIP package is £120?

Do you have extra boxes/services?
Old 23-03-2017, 11:37   #876
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Did you have to phone to start it or did the channels automatically come on? If they automatically came on and they then try to charge you for not cancelling, I think they'd be on dodgy ground.
You have to opt in via the email link and then opt out via an email link.
Old 23-03-2017, 11:47   #877
The Yank
Inactive

The Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate.Conj View Post
How come you are paying £150+, the VIP package is £120?

Do you have extra boxes/services?
no extra - just two boxes as in the package one V+ and one VHD. I know it is only £120 now which is why I rang retentions in the first place. Seems I am being penalized for being on the VIP package from the beginning. Not to mention they had never informed me the price was now lower. If I hadn't look at the package out of curiosity...
Old 23-03-2017, 11:50   #878
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

It would certainly be worth calling back after the 30th once the new bundles and broadband speeds are available - I'd be surprised if there isn't a new VIP bundle.
Old 23-03-2017, 11:54   #879
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Oomph 600mb, XL TV, Sky Movies & Sports HD, Amazon Prime, Netflix UHD
Ultimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yank View Post
no extra - just two boxes as in the package one V+ and one VHD. I know it is only £120 now which is why I rang retentions in the first place. Seems I am being penalized for being on the VIP package from the beginning. Not to mention they had never informed me the price was now lower. If I hadn't look at the package out of curiosity...
I was on the old VIP until recently - I found out I was being charged £11.50 per multiroom box instead of £7.50 because I had a V+HD box and a Tivo. I've now swapped the V+HD box for a 500GB Tivo, signed a new contract and managed to keep my Loyalty Discount going which was sweet.

Giving them a call and talking to them definitely helps.

---------- Post added at 10:54 ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 ----------

Quote:
It would certainly be worth calling back after the 30th once the new bundles and broadband speeds are available - I'd be surprised if there isn't a new VIP bundle.
I thought they recently improved the VIP bundle to include 2 V6s, or is there something else on the horizon, Ben? Are you able to share anything?
Old 23-03-2017, 12:07   #880
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate.Conj View Post
I thought they recently improved the VIP bundle to include 2 V6s, or is there something else on the horizon, Ben? Are you able to share anything?
They did - but it currently comes with VIVID 200 as the top tier broadband (VIVID 200 Gamer is a 'bolt on').

Usually VIP is the top of everything available at the time you take it out - from next week VIVID 300 is the top broadband tier.

I do want to be clear though, that I don't know for definite it'll be changed. It is also possible that VIP will stay with VIVID 200 for now, with VIVID 300 a paid upgrade where available, as VIVID 300 isn't yet available everywhere.
Old 23-03-2017, 12:20   #881
The Yank
Inactive

Quote:
thanks Ben but as I said my problem is I don't want to sign a new contract for the reasons I stated.
Old 23-03-2017, 12:23   #882
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Ah yes, that is the rub.

Even if you were paying the best VIP but had 2 x TiVo, just changing them to the V6 would be a new contract.
Old 23-03-2017, 13:20   #883
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Quote:
They did - but it currently comes with VIVID 200 as the top tier broadband (VIVID 200 Gamer is a 'bolt on').

Usually VIP is the top of everything available at the time you take it out - from next week VIVID 300 is the top broadband tier.

I do want to be clear though, that I don't know for definite it'll be changed. It is also possible that VIP will stay with VIVID 200 for now, with VIVID 300 a paid upgrade where available, as VIVID 300 isn't yet available everywhere.
I did hear about VIVID 300 coming soon. I assumed it was a bolt-on too and didn't expect VIP customers to be bumped up. Maybe that will come further along the line, but definitely wasn't expecting it now.

For any family household that watches a lot of different things, has lots of devices on WIFI, the VIP package is definitely worth having.
Old 23-03-2017, 13:40   #884
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:

This gamer option is a very good move by VM i think, how long have they had this option for?
Old 23-03-2017, 13:53   #885
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Since September last year.