Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Old 03-05-2016, 14:05   #11146
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star
Re: The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Good news Dill, Take Card
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 06-05-2016, 09:41   #11147
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

l phoned Virgin Media retentions department this morning and had a good reasoned discussion with someone there and after a bit of bartering we have re-contracted for a further 12 months saving £31 per month on our current contract with them.
Old 06-05-2016, 13:31   #11148
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura

The kids and wife got guest tickets for Shawn Mendes at the Hammersmith Apollo and then went backstage to meet him last night
Old 06-05-2016, 13:46   #11149
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
l phoned Virgin Media retentions department this morning and had a good reasoned discussion with someone there and after a bit of bartering we have re-contracted for a further 12 months saving £31 per month on our current contract with them.
Saving £31 pm???!!!

Fancy breaking that down for us? I've just realised it's over a year since I got shot of our old Samsung STB for a SH so I should be able to negoatiate a new better deal.

Second thoughts, maybe it'd be best to post your answer in the relevant thread rather than here. Cheers.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 14:02   #11150
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Routine!!!

I like my routine so I'm happily sitting here on the dialysis machine at Hinchingbrooke getting back into my routine the nice warm welcome I got was good too
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 14:47   #11151
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
Saving £31 pm???!!!

Fancy breaking that down for us? I've just realised it's over a year since I got shot of our old Samsung STB for a SH so I should be able to negoatiate a new better deal.

Second thoughts, maybe it'd be best to post your answer in the relevant thread rather than here. Cheers.
Our monthly bill was just rising and rising Osem so we phoned retentions and said we are thinking of cancelling our services and he asked why so l explained to him why we were considering this and upon that he asked if we had received offers from elsewhere which we have then he said he was going to offer to reduce our Big Kahuna Sports Bundle which was nearing £130 a month to £99 a month for 12 months as they don't want to lose loyal long term customers to which l replied can l have this in writing and thus a new 12 month contract starts in June and once that ends he said to phone them up again.

Until l see the bill later in June l don't exactly know the breakdown of things but once l do l will post it but my advice is if one is unhappy and their contract is coming to a end then phone up retentions and tell them you are thinking of leaving and l am pretty sure they will offer customers a much better deal rather then lose custom to rivals.
Old 06-05-2016, 15:28   #11152
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Our monthly bill was just rising and rising Osem so we phoned retentions and said we are thinking of cancelling our services and he asked why so l explained to him why we were considering this and upon that he asked if we had received offers from elsewhere which we have then he said he was going to offer to reduce our Big Kahuna Sports Bundle which was nearing £130 a month to £99 a month for 12 months as they don't want to lose loyal long term customers to which l replied can l have this in writing and thus a new 12 month contract starts in June and once that ends he said to phone them up again.

Until l see the bill later in June l don't exactly know the breakdown of things but once l do l will post it but my advice is if one is unhappy and their contract is coming to a end then phone up retentions and tell them you are thinking of leaving and l am pretty sure they will offer customers a much better deal rather then lose custom to rivals.
Cheers Den glad you got a result. Our package is not as extensive as yours and only costs around £75pm but a reduction of almost 25% is good going.
Old 06-05-2016, 15:35   #11153
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Well as we don't drink , smoke or do a lot of other things our entertainment is generally at home most of the time unless our family come down here or we go up to their place so yes although it seems quite a bit when it is split into 3 then its not too bad forking out that per month and even better when one gets a price reduction on their contract.
Old 06-05-2016, 19:09   #11154
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

And again, be polite. Don't call and demand money off, I always say when I call for a relative is that they need to be careful with expenditure, they always look at the best deal for her, in fact they seem happy to offer her a good deal because apart from once she has never missed a payment to Virgin.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 16:06   #11155
nashville
nashville

nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

Quote:
That was great news Den. What a great saving, Nash

---------- Post added at 15:06 ---------- Previous post was at 15:01 ----------

Just back from Whitby Social Club, Elsemere Port, Fantastic country concert , The whole show was brilliant, Marty Haggard the son of Merle is an outstanding singer, he is actually called after Marty Robbins, as his father was a great Marty Robins fan, Just a wee bit of knowledge for you
Old 10-05-2016, 11:40   #11156
Osem
Inactive

Well the wife and #1 son very much enjoyed their all singing, all dancing, 3D, 4k, super duper sound etc. etc. performance of Captain America. Apparently it was awesome so it was money well spent.

Meanwhile, I treated #2 son to his favourite fish and chips in the pub. It was really nice to share what for most people would be a regular occurrence with a grown up child. I hadn't told him about it so when we walked into the pub it was lovely seeing him all excited about his treat and then tucking into his food - apart from the garden peas that is. He will eat them when pushed but isn't all that keen so when I prompted him to try them he took a mouthful and washed them straight down with a mouthful of apple juice. No chewing, they didn't even touch the sides! It was like watching him swallowing his various daily tablets but on a much larger scale and to be fair, he finished the lot without any further prompting.

It was so nice doing something a bit more grown up with him - the sort of thing dads ought to do with their adult children but the sort of thing which is difficult because of his difficulties. Luckily the pub was quiet, we got a nice booth at the back and he was on his best behaviour - I even managed to have a sort of 'conversation' with him about the food etc. I was only later that I started thinking about how much I've missed out on as he's grown up but I've decided I'm going to make more effort to take him out and share some boys time as best as we can. He'll be going away to college in a few months and although I'm pretty sure he'll enjoy it, I will worry about him and miss him hugely.
Old 10-05-2016, 12:20   #11157
nashville
nashville

Nice family story Osem
Old 10-05-2016, 12:32   #11158
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

Yes Osem they grow up fast and I'm pleased you had such a good day with #2 son you both seem to have really enjoyed some father & son time. I'm also pleased that Mrs O and #1 son enjoyed their day also, both your boy's are very lucky indeed to have such wonderful and caring parents.

My happy thoughts today are: The wee one is getting really excited about his China trip with the school when he woke up this morning he came running down the stairs and said "Mum that's two nights in a row I have had a dream about China" bless him.

Hubby started his new job title and place of work today through redeployment. I know it will be different for him as he is used to working alone and now he is in a squad although his main duties will still be driving just a JCB along with other vehicles ie Hiab etc. I'm just so pleased that he got what he wanted and away from vital services as the CEO at his place of work seems set on outsourcing vital services and it's the men who will suffer IMO at least now he is no longer linked to this service. I do feel so sorry for the men who is still under threat of Tupe as it's not nice especially the not knowing but that is the trouble the men seem to be kept in the dark. I'm just thankful that we a no longer living under that dark cloud of the unknown in regards to hubbys work.
Old 10-05-2016, 13:02   #11159
denphone
Still alive and fighting

l can only echo the same thoughts as nash and weenie on Osem and his family.
Old 10-05-2016, 15:53   #11160
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

Just got my AA Gold membership in and it has went up in price quite a bit from £18.76 a month to £30.34. Membership includes Roadside £8.68, Relay £8.36 & Family cover £13.21 amount to be collected on 30/06/2016 is £30.34 then ongoing amount to be collected monthly thereafter £30.23 your renewal includes an increase in the rate of insurance premium tax from 6% to 9.5% which came into effect on 1st November 2015 so I phoned them and told them to cancel this cover after a few minutes of talking to Anne she said would you stay with us if I lowered the payments to £20.00 a month with the same cover as you have now and I said yes. Job well done as every penny counts hubby will be pleased