Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Got a spare Hub 3.0

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Got a spare Hub 3.0

Old 14-11-2017, 02:11   #1
Dingbat
cf.member

Dingbat has disabled reputation
Got a spare Hub 3.0

Had a fault on my Hub 3.0 the other day which meant I lost all Ethernet connections.

While reporting it, the VM agent decided to send me a replacement. Two days later, Yodel delivered TWO new hubs.

I opened one box and while going through the phone-based hub activation procedure, I ended up speaking to VM again. I mentioned that I had been sent two hubs and asked what to do. The reply was not to bother sending the one in the unopened box back as it would just be scrapped, as they do with all returns (!) and to keep it as a spare.

Seems a bit wasteful.
Dingbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 14-11-2017, 11:08   #2
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Got a spare Hub 3.0

it is from the environmental sense and plastic etc but not for £££. They are as cheap as chips which is why they are free and tbh it probably costs more to send back than it would be to give someone a new one so you wouldn't be saving them money. The best thing you can do if you want to do the right thing is take it to your local council/tip/dump/recycling centre and ensure the cardboard/electronics/plastic gets recycled properly. There is no point keeping it for a spare because by the time you need it (in a year or two) there will be a new shub out with new technology which you'll want and they will insist on giving you as part of their cpe upgrade programme.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2017, 12:13   #3
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

I wouldn't dump a brand new hub3 yet, best keep it as a backup incase the other goes tits up.
Old 14-11-2017, 12:31   #4
Kabaal
Haggis Hunting

Kabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of Quads

The last time they told me not to bother sending something back they turned around and asked for it some time later. Luckily i still had it.
Kabaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2017, 12:54   #5
Ken W
cf.mega poster

Services: LL Phone, TiVo, M+ VM mobile, BBand 150M tier Superhub, TIVO 500 M+
Ken W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabaal View Post
The last time they told me not to bother sending something back they turned around and asked for it some time later. Luckily i still had it.

Wise move
Ken W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2017, 13:53   #6
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

When they replaced my Hub 2 with a Hub 3, they sent me a box to send the old hub back.
A year later the (boxed) hub is still sitting in a corner, as I never got round to posting it. No one has ever asked for it.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2017, 19:04   #7
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Instead of telling you to throw it away, maybe if they made them better in the first place, then they wouldn't have this problem of replacing faulty units!
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2017, 20:01   #8
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabaal View Post
That's exactly what happened with my V+. They said to do what I wanted with it, so I kept it as a spare for the FTA channels in case my TiVo failed. Then they said that they wanted it back and would charge me for it if I didn't return it!!!
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote