Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Old 24-11-2015, 12:30   #10621
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
Re: The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Off to sister in laws for a spot of lunch always have a good time when we catch up.
Old 24-11-2015, 12:39   #10622
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Just finished collecting together, copying and printing all the paperwork to send to the accountant for the company year end return. It's a job I hate and am glad it's done.
Old 25-11-2015, 21:03   #10623
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Just received this email...

Quote:
You’re Invited to the DOOM® Multiplayer Closed Alpha!

Closed Alpha Test Schedule

Start: Thursday, December 3, 2015 @ 10:00 p.m. Eastern Time (UTC - 5)
Burst test: Saturday, December 5, 2015 @ 4:00 p.m. Eastern Time (UTC - 5)
End: Sunday, December 6, 2015 @ 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time (UTC - 5)
Check when it runs in your time zone.

STEAM
YOUR CLOSED ALPHA CODE:
xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx

Closed Alpha Test Gameplay Features

One Map: Heatwave
The Alpha will feature 1 multiplayer map: Heatwave. This industrial-themed map will place players in an arena setting featuring plenty of armor, ammo, and health pickups. Narrow corridors, walkways and small chambers all link to a central, open area of the map, providing players with a variety of environments that suit varying playstyles, as well as the focus point for fighting over key power-ups.

One Mode: 6v6 Team Deathmatch
Welcome to the core of DOOM’s arena-style multiplayer combat. In this mode, two teams of 6 players will try to dominate each other by fighting over the Revenant and Gauss Rifle power-ups, which provide devastating firepower that can turn the tide or ensure victory.

One Demon: Revenant
Being the first player to the Demon Rune will transform you into the powerful Revenant. Use your jetpack and dual rocket launchers to hunt down the other team for a limited time to either secure your team’s lead or mount a comeback.

One Power Weapon: Gauss Cannon
Available as a counter to the Revenant, this high-powered weapon destroys opponents in one blast. Use the alternate fire to see your targets through walls, but be warned, there is a limited number of shots, so use it to take down the demon rather than enemy players. Once you’re out of ammo, you have to wait for it to appear on the map again.

6 Weapons and 2 Equipment Items
The Closed Alpha will feature a limited arsenal of weapons and items featured in the complete game. They can be used both in standard and customizable loadouts.

Weapons
•Vortex Rifle
•Super Shotgun
•Repeater
•Rocket Launcher
•Static Cannon
•Plasma Rifle

Equipment Items
•Personal Teleporter
•Frag Grenade

Recommended PC Specifications

Minimum Spec (720p)
•64-bit Windows 7/Windows 8.1
•Intel Core i5 @ 3.3 GHz or better / AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 GHz or better
•8 GB RAM
•NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 (2GB VRAM)* / AMD Radeon HD 7870 (2GB VRAM)
•6GB HDD space
•Steam account
•High speed internet connection

* Please note that the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti models are below min spec for the DOOM Closed Alpha.

Recommended Spec (1080p)
•64-bit Windows 7/Windows 8.1
•Intel Core i7 @ 3.4GHz or better / AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0GHz or better
•8GB RAM
•NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 (3GB or more VRAM) / AMD Radeon R9 280 (3GB or more VRAM)
•6GB HDD space
•Steam account
•High speed internet connection
Squeee!!!

Flashback to the 90's, getting the Doom demo on a single 3.5 inch diskette.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2015, 23:23   #10624
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

I once have it on my phone.
Old 26-11-2015, 10:22   #10625
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Takes me back: I used to design us deathmatch levels in Doom II. Usually had a BFG9000 or rocket launcher in a tempting position in a large killing field.

Had a rather nice schematic entry tool for level creation with built in compiler and pre-view mode. Even managed some "trick" effects like see-through gridded doors.

4 players lunchtime at the works using their network. Happy days.
Old 26-11-2015, 20:50   #10626
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Currently my mum is recuperating at my sisters, as she has a downstairs loo, and as my mum had spend over 10 weeks in bed her leg muscles need building up.

On Sunday she is come home for a while to see how she can cope with our stairs.

Hopefully she'll be home next weekend, some 140 days after she went into hospital.
Old 26-11-2015, 21:14   #10627
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

Gosh Hom3r I did not realize it was that long. Wishing your Mum, you and your family all the best . I'm so pleased that you will all be together for Christmas take care
Old 26-11-2015, 21:21   #10628
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

l hope everything goes alright for your Mum Hom3r.
Old 27-11-2015, 10:09   #10629
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Good news Hom3r. I know that my mum had quite a time getting back into her routines after her hospital stay. Hope it goes well.
Old 30-11-2015, 14:28   #10630
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

After almost a day of faffing about I've got my new 27" Iiyama monitor running properly, needed the latest Nvidia drivers, the Nvidia desktop loaded and an edited monitor .inf file from W7 as none is avaiable for XP SP2. Finally found a little box hidden away marked HDTV over DVI. Ticked that and hey presto!

What a cracking picture.
Old 30-11-2015, 19:51   #10631
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by weenie View Post
My Father in Law is now out of hospital and all seems well at the moment. I cannot praise the social work department or the hospital enough for all they have done for my Mother and Father in law.
Glad to hear it Weenie, I hope they stay well ,,,,
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2015, 23:41   #10632
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Services: Vivid 200, Full House, V6 x2
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star

Just had a fantastic package of information back from a historian who is working for me over in the old country on my Dad's family tree. So many loose ends and have been tied up and suspicions confirmed. Talk about driving a tank through a brick wall!
Uncle Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 12:57   #10633
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

How much did that cost? I have family in Ireland, France and Channel Islands I want to trace but haven't got the inclination to travel there myself and do the research.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 14:03   #10634
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Services: Vivid 200, Full House, V6 x2
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984 View Post
How much did that cost? I have family in Ireland, France and Channel Islands I want to trace but haven't got the inclination to travel there myself and do the research.
Just over a grand up to now and that's a lot less than it could have been. Things are very complicated where my dad's side are concerned and a lot of the records that needed to be researched are manuscripts in old/middle Polish and Lithuanian.

Fortunately my researcher has managed to dig out some evidence that links my dad's line to a well documented and verified genealogy but the work doesn't stop there.
Uncle Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 17:26   #10635
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

Wowsers. Only way I can do that much more work is to win the lottery and use some of the winnings for that.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote