Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | How to add ITV HD to Sky+HD

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q
Register FAQ Community Calendar

How to add ITV HD to Sky+HD

Old 12-07-2010, 12:26   #16
andymo
Inactive

andymo is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: How to add ITV HD to Sky+HD

How much is a sky box and a subscription? [img]Download Failed (1)[/img]
andymo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 12-07-2010, 12:33   #17
Graham M
-

Services: FreeSat+ Tivo V-Box VM 60MBit
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Graham M Send a message via Yahoo to Graham M

Quote:
Originally Posted by andymo View Post

http://www.sky.com/shop/new
Graham M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 12:34   #18
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by andymo View Post
Do they do sky in Kenya?
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 11:23   #19
Papaumau
Inactive

Papaumau is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down Re: How to add ITV HD to Sky+HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
You don't need to add it manually any more, ITV1 HD is officially on Sky+HD now, no need to mess around with "Other Channels".

Just go to channel 178, as MadGamer suggested.
Hi MattD

I Did that and it didn't work ! Channel 178 is an "unavailable channel" for me !

( Incidentally, I live in Scotland and my local ITV1 channel is STV on 103 and I cannot get STV in HD either ).

The only other way I can get ITV1 is when I go to ITV1 London on EPG number 993....NOT in HD either.

Strangely, I can get ITV2 HD on EPG number 118, ITV3 HD on EPG number 119 and ITV4 HD on EPG number 120.

I guess that I am just going to have to tune ITV1 HD in on the "other channels" option after all ?

Regards.....

Papaumau
Papaumau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 15:43   #20
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papaumau View Post
Hi MattD

I Did that and it didn't work ! Channel 178 is an "unavailable channel" for me !

( Incidentally, I live in Scotland and my local ITV1 channel is STV on 103 and I cannot get STV in HD either ).

Strangely, I can get ITV2 HD on EPG number 118, ITV3 HD on EPG number 119 and ITV4 HD on EPG number 120.

I guess that I am just going to have to tune ITV1 HD in on the "other channels" option after all ?

Regards.....

Papaumau
It has been raised before, STV is different from ITV, and sky can't add (or won't, but moot point). So you need to do it through other chanel as you say
colin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2011, 11:28   #21
Papaumau
Inactive

Unhappy Re: How to add ITV HD to Sky+HD....update

Hi Colin25...Thanks for the reply !

Yesterday I did try to use the "other-channels" system to get ITV1 HD - to no avail.

I did carry out all of the instructions given to tune in the channels that are attached to the Freesat transponder and this was successful. The only thing that wasn't successful was that the group of channels that were "discovered" by the search did not work.

I especially did not get channel number 10510 as indicated as the one that would hold ITV1 HD

I did get:

10522 (Freesaat 2 )
Freesat Home
Freesat Common C
Freesat SSU
Freesat OAD
Teletext
Freesat Info ( But just a musical jingle was attached to this channel )
10523 ( Freesat 3 )
10525 ( ITV )
10527 ( Freesat 1 )
10528 ( Freesat 4 )
10529 ( Freesat 5 ).

Page two....

Freesat test
Radio Caroline ( I did get the music from this station ).

When I tried to apply any of these stations all I got was a message in the mini TV that said: There is s technical fault with this channel. Try later.

Although I saved all of the channels found into the "other channels" page, strangely they had all disappeared today when I tried to find them again.

Any other ideas for the Scots ?

Regards....

Papaumau
Old 13-07-2011, 16:58   #22
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

I added itv hd and stv, for the latter, from google
STV HD has now launched on Sky
by going to Options and Add Channels
and then by inputting frequency 10.935
V
5/6
and storing number 3855
and pressing the Select Button

To the watch this channel u will then need to goto
Options
Other channels
And Select 3855
Old 14-07-2011, 12:09   #23
Papaumau
Inactive

Talking Re: How to add ITV HD to Sky+HD

Hi again Colin25....

Thanks for that. I will certainly try it !

I STILL have found no way to get ITV1 HD either by going to channel 178 on the Sky EPG, ( It is a red "unavailable" channel for me ), or tuning in the Freesat channels - which for me do not include the number 10510 - as shown above - as suggested.

Does anybody else have any idea what I could do to get ITV1 HD ?

---------- Post added at 12:09 ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 ----------

Hi again Colin 25....

Thanks for that. The data you gave me certainly did tune in STV HD into the "other channels" option. ( one small point though: the symbol rate is 22.0 and not 22.9 as you suggest ). The storing number is 3855 as you state.

Curiosly....on that frequency there are also a couple of ITV1 HD choices to pick from. I didn't go to any of them as I found ITV1 HD on the settings below.

Just out of further interest, for anybody in Scotland or Northern Ireland that are reading this I have found the correct "other channels" gen for tuning in ITV1 HD......The frequency has been changed !

It is now available on:

Frequency......10.834
Polarity..........H
Symbol rate....22.0
FEC...............5/6

Oh and BTW.....Sky do not offer the ITV1 HD channel on 178 or the STV HD channel in their normal EPG as they have only made it - for some unfathomable reason - available to England and Wales.

Anyways guys...Thanks for all of the information.

Regards....

Papaumau
Old 14-09-2011, 09:45   #24
amdp
Inactive

amdp is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks -this works - but how long is it before they change the tuning details again - I have to do it nearly every time I want to watch HD ITV1 on Sky
amdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2011, 19:04   #25
colin25
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by amdp View Post
Thanks -this works - but how long is it before they change the tuning details again - I have to do it nearly every time I want to watch HD ITV1 on Sky
Strange, I've never had to change once i did it
Old 19-02-2012, 15:43   #26
SkyFTW
Permanently Banned

Services: Sky+HD ,Sky Multiroom, Sky unlimited BB, Anytime+
SkyFTW can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Courtney View Post
Hi, I have followed the ITV HD procedure until the '10510' stage but have no option for 10510. Can any one help please?
You could always tune into channel 178 and watch ITV-HD from the epg????
SkyFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2012, 15:50   #27
Mark Courtney
Inactive

Mark Courtney is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello and thank you for the info on getting the ITV HD in Norhern Ireland! All info perfect and now watching last 5 minutes of the match in HD!

Regards...
Mark in Belfast.
Mark Courtney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2012, 17:36   #28
gazzae
Inactive

gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze
gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyFTW View Post
You could always tune into channel 178 and watch ITV-HD from the epg????
Not in NI.
Thanks UTV...
gazzae is offline   Reply With Quote