Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Freesat: Free satellite TV by BBC and ITV tv to launch!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Freesat & Freeview

Freesat: Free satellite TV by BBC and ITV tv to launch!

Old 23-05-2008, 20:52   #91
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Freesat: Free satellite TV by BBC and ITV tv to launch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris T View Post
As someone pointed out, there are ethernet ports on the back of Sky+ boxes. How long has that been part of the hardware spec? Since launch? How many years ago? And yet they have done nothing about it. To this day, there is no active software loaded into the box that will allow you to connect your Sky+ box to your home LAN.

Sky HD boxes, not Sky+ boxes.

Sky HD launched two years ago.

But yep, you're right, it still does absolutely nothing at the moment (same as the still unused USB & eSATA ports).

No idea when they'll enable it. The last rumour I read at DS was "late 2007 or sometime in 2008".
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 23-05-2008, 22:58   #92
the-cable-guy
Permanently Banned

Services: Sky+ HD All Entertainment Packs, VM M TV, BT Unlimited Anytime, VM Talk Weekend Phone, VM XXL BB
the-cable-guy is a jewel in the roughthe-cable-guy is a jewel in the roughthe-cable-guy is a jewel in the roughthe-cable-guy is a jewel in the roughthe-cable-guy is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonehead View Post
thank you all for the info. i will try to tune in freesat on skybox for time being,had a look for the humax hd box,no one seems to have any,not a problem yet as i still have 30 days with sky
once again thanks for info,cheers
? what are you on about tuning freesat on a Sky receiver ? other then a few tests & in store & health club radio stations you already have all of the channels
the-cable-guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2008, 11:55   #93
JediMaster
Inactive

JediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these parts

Can someone help with this silly question (I've only ever had a Humax PVR with built in FreeView) had it 3 yrs or so.

I can record a show, watch it & save it & watch it again & again (no issues).

Is this the same on Sky Plus, V Plus & ITV/BBC's New FTV Setup? I was told V+ is watch ones & its Gone?

Any info would be great.
JediMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2008, 12:06   #94
homealone

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediMaster View Post
Can someone help with this silly question (I've only ever had a Humax PVR with built in FreeView) had it 3 yrs or so.

Is this the same on Sky Plus, V Plus & ITV/BBC's New FTV Setup? I was told V+ is watch ones & its Gone?

Any info would be great.
tbh I've never tried it, but I see no reason why 'normal' recorded programs can't we watched as often as you like. It is different for 'on demand' & PPV programs, of course, which is maybe where the confusion is arising??
Old 28-05-2008, 15:05   #95
the-cable-guy
Permanently Banned

Services: Sky+ HD All Entertainment Packs, VM M TV, BT Unlimited Anytime, VM Talk Weekend Phone, VM XXL BB
the-cable-guy is a jewel in the roughthe-cable-guy is a jewel in the roughthe-cable-guy is a jewel in the roughthe-cable-guy is a jewel in the roughthe-cable-guy is a jewel in the rough

Quote:

Any info would be great.
for the + features to work on a Sky + receiver you have to pay £10 p/m or have a subscription to any package. also freesat isint FTV its FTA.
Old 28-05-2008, 17:49   #96
JediMaster
Inactive

JediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by homealone View Post
tbh I've never tried it, but I see no reason why 'normal' recorded programs can't we watched as often as you like. It is different for 'on demand' & PPV programs, of course, which is maybe where the confusion is arising??
It was Apprentice on BBC (so my Aunt said). V+ Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by the-cable-guy View Post
for the + features to work on a Sky + receiver you have to pay £10 p/m or have a subscription to any package. also freesat isint FTV its FTA.
I know Sky+ is £10 or any TV Package, just wanted to know is there a Time Limit to saving shows?
JediMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2008, 19:04   #97
the-cable-guy
Permanently Banned

Quote:
I know Sky+ is £10 or any TV Package, just wanted to know is there a Time Limit to saving shows?
ok sorry if you mean how long will a recording last on the HDD for ? then forever aslong as you dont delete it or have a HDD failure etc.
Old 28-05-2008, 19:15   #98
Losttheplot

Quote:
ok sorry if you mean how long will a recording last on the HDD for ? then forever aslong as you dont delete it or have a HDD failure etc.
As long as its not from Box Office, they have a time limit. Also for example if you record a Movie from a sky movie channel, then change your package and drop movies, then you lose the ability to watch that recording. Recordings are encrypted and subscription dependent.
Old 28-05-2008, 19:59   #99
the-cable-guy
Permanently Banned

ah didnt know that, although i would of thought that you wont be able to record ppv.
Old 28-05-2008, 20:07   #100
Losttheplot

Quote:
ah didnt know that, although i would of thought that you wont be able to record ppv.
You can but its time limited as far as i remember.
Old 28-05-2008, 20:27   #101
the-cable-guy
Permanently Banned

well that makes sense after all ppv is normally copy protected.
Old 28-05-2008, 20:41   #102
Losttheplot

Quote:
well that makes sense after all ppv is normally copy protected.
If you playback any recording on Sky+ it still has the same copy protection on its output as the live event.
Old 28-05-2008, 20:49   #103
the-cable-guy
Permanently Banned

yeah i thought as much.