Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netflix/Streaming Services

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Netflix/Streaming Services
Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2015, 19:57   #1546
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabaal View Post
You either thought wrong or are being intentionally blind. I'd opt for the latter.
Both unhelpful and rude at the same time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
Itv player and all4 do not allow you to view content if your adblocker is on.
It works on demand5 and loads of other sites, only sites i have to disable adblock+ for are cbs, itv, all4 it doesn't work on hulu though.
Cheers for that, i'm going to give it a go

http://www.rapidtvnews.com/201504103...#axzz3X1YHqyKm

More advertising predicted on streaming services
Advertisement
Old 13-04-2015, 16:18   #1547
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

It seems that we in the UK aren't the only ones annoyed by a company that Rupert is involved in. pays over the odds for exclusive HBO content; the Australians don't like it:

Quote:
Meanwhile US cable TV giant HBO doesn't do itself any favours by locking away Game of Thrones as a Foxtel exclusive in Australia, snubbing customers who were prepared to pay per episode via services like Apple iTunes, Google Play, Quickflix and EzyFlix.

When you own the world's most pirated television show, it's ludicrous to take away legitimate ways to watch it and not expect spurned customers to turn to piracy. Seemingly HBO crunched the numbers and decided the extra money it could squeeze out of Foxtel would more than compensate for the paying customers who turned to piracy rather than embrace Australia's pay TV giant.
http://www.smh.com.au/digital-life/c...26-1m8xpj.html
Old 13-04-2015, 16:39   #1548
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
It seems that we in the UK aren't the only ones annoyed by a company that Rupert is involved in. pays over the odds for exclusive HBO content; the Australians don't like it:

HBO seem to be cutting of their nose to spite their face as of late getting into bed with Apple and Sky and they wonder why their programmes have the highest piracy rates.
I'm fortunate to have hbogo but i do think HBO need to rethink their ways in the future.
Old 13-04-2015, 16:40   #1549
tassiekev
Inactive

tassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the rough

Quote:

'bout time you started reading a decent paper!!
Old 13-04-2015, 16:51   #1550
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
HBO seem to be cutting of their nose to spite their face as of late getting into bed with Apple and Sky and they wonder why their programmes have the highest piracy rates.
I'm fortunate to have hbogo but i do think HBO need to rethink their ways in the future.
You are hoping for the impossible in my opinion.
Old 13-04-2015, 17:13   #1551
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
You are hoping for the impossible in my opinion.
Most likely lol.
Old 13-04-2015, 17:15   #1552
passingbat
Inactive

passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by tassiekev View Post
'bout time you started reading a decent paper!!

Actually, I came across a the paper via a question on the AVS forum from an Australian wanting to know what the best Netflix device was for Australians, now that they had official access to Netflix. Someone posted a link to relevant article on that paper.

I did look for a hat with dangling corks to wear whilst reading it, but to no avail!

However, I was listening to this yesterday (something I haven't heard since the 70s), so maybe that will do?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfzU9h3di2I
Old 13-04-2015, 17:20   #1553
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

Switched my Netflix region to Canada, glad I did as started watching Covert Affairs. Of the half hour I watched, looks quite good. Will enjoy the 4 seasons hopefully before it gets taken off.

Probably asked before and I've forgotten the answer if so, but how long as a rule of thumb are shows/movies on Netflix for before being taken off?
Old 13-04-2015, 17:32   #1554
tassiekev
Inactive

tassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the rough

Quote:

Actually, I came across a the paper via a question on the AVS forum from an Australian wanting to know what the best Netflix device was for Australians, now that they had official access to Netflix. Someone posted a link to relevant article on that paper.

I did look for a hat with dangling corks to wear whilst reading it, but to no avail!

However, I was listening to this yesterday (something I haven't heard since the 70s), so maybe that will do?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfzU9h3di2I
Haha - just looked him up, that's why he doesn't know the words!. At least the SMH isn't one of Rupe's, think its still owned by Fairfax.

Australian work boots.jpg Australian Work Boots

Re: the above, there was an article in The New Daily (Oz web paper) with step by step instructions on how to get HBO Now from Australia, pretty simple -Apple TV + VPN, apparently don't need a US Credit card. Wonder if anyone from here has tried it?
Old 13-04-2015, 17:55   #1555
passingbat
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984 View Post
Probably asked before and I've forgotten the answer if so, but how long as a rule of thumb are shows/movies on Netflix for before being taken off?
Netflix seem to keep them for a good length of time.

There are some lists around for what is being added and removed each month for US Netflix. Not sure about other regions.

This is one for April.

http://nerdreactor.com/2015/03/24/ne...ns-april-2015/

The highlight for me on that list is that the arrival this month of the final season of Sons of Anarchy.

---------- Post added at 16:55 ---------- Previous post was at 16:39 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by tassiekev View Post

Re: the above, there was an article in The New Daily (Oz web paper) with step by step instructions on how to get HBO Now from Australia, pretty simple -Apple TV + VPN, apparently don't need a US Credit card. Wonder if anyone from here has tried it?
BIB It's probably an iTunes gift card.

Method wise, it's probably based on this one

https://support.unblock-us.com/custo...support-hbonow-

Even if I had an Apple TV, I personally wouldn't go down that route as I wouldn't be comfortable using a fake US address.
Old 13-04-2015, 17:56   #1556
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:

There's nothing forcing HBO to take it , they could have chose to go it alone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984 View Post
Switched my Netflix region to Canada, glad I did as started watching Covert Affairs. Of the half hour I watched, looks quite good. Will enjoy the 4 seasons hopefully before it gets taken off.

Season 1 of Covert Affairs is on Netflix UK however that's it at the moment though.
Old 13-04-2015, 18:00   #1557
passingbat
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
There's nothing forcing HBO to take it , they could have chose to go it alone.
Greed seldom needs to be forced.
Old 13-04-2015, 18:09   #1558
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Greed seldom needs to be forced.
HBO's parent company is Time Warner which has shareholders what demand profits in just the same way every other listed company does , whether we like it or not profits will always be one of the most important things.
Old 13-04-2015, 18:20   #1559
passingbat
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
HBO's parent company is Time Warner which has shareholders what demand profits in just the same way every other listed company does , whether we like it or not profits will always be one of the most important things.
OK, let's blame Sky then... oh, wait, we can't do that either.

So HBO keeps restricting wider access... to people who are prepared to actually pay... and piracy carries on. But why should we care? The shareholders are happy....
Old 13-04-2015, 18:45   #1560
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Google the address and send them a letter explaining your concerns.
Closed Thread