Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | 0845/0870 just for you

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Fixed Phone Service

0845/0870 just for you

Old 16-06-2011, 20:51   #31
AlabasterLyn
cf.addict

AlabasterLyn has a spectacular aura about themAlabasterLyn has a spectacular aura about themAlabasterLyn has a spectacular aura about themAlabasterLyn has a spectacular aura about them
Re: 0845/0870 just for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by inneedofhelp View Post
What you should fairly be saying @AlabasterLyn is that companies who use these numbers (which give them revenue at our expense) should be using 01-03 numbers or better still freephone numbers. This is especially galling when it is a communications company profiting from poor service as Virgin tried to do previously.
Yes good point, many companies you can contact by email etc., but for GP surgeries to adopt phone numbers that cost their patients such a lot is really not very good at all.
AlabasterLyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 17-06-2011, 02:19   #32
Flyboy
Inactive

Flyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by moiraf100 View Post

Just type 0870 in the app store - it's 59p
I just got on Zune for free.
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2011, 04:29   #33
cpomd
Inactive

cpomd is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks to Flyboy for this Link http://justforyou.virginmedia.com/ You will not find it on VM site but in their letter it is reversed IE virginmedia.com/justforyou

Very Professional
cpomd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2011, 19:55   #34
hansi
cf.geek

hansi is on a distinguished roadhansi is on a distinguished road

[QUOTE=moiraf100;35258953]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
I don't suppose you have a link for this, I can't find one on their site.

---------- Post added at 16:17 ---------- Previous post was at 16:16 ----------

Just type 0870 in the app store - it's 59p
or there's say no to 08 which is free
hansi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2011, 21:09   #35
Ben B
Inactive

Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array
Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array

0870 numbers are free as part of your inclusive allowance from August Info from price increaae e-mail today
Ben B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2011, 21:49   #36
savvychels
cf.geek

Services: VIP120 w/ TiVo x2
savvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpack

I got the 'price increase' letter last week but have to admit I didn't read it carefully. I saw this thread and dug it out this morning, and right there in the middle of the letter was the information about the 'just for you' offer so have signed up. I wouldn't have even noticed it if I hadn't seen this thread - and even reading this thread I thought it was a separate notice to the increase letter, but it wasn't.
Old 26-06-2011, 20:22   #37
kenoliver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Nikon View Post
the 'saynoto0870' app is one of the first things I install on a phone, it's available on android, iphone and blackberry
Never seen it for the iPhone is it in the App store ?
Old 26-06-2011, 21:26   #38
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Well I just found one under '0870' in the search field in the app store.

It is 59p
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2011, 21:40   #39
kenoliver

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilligaf1701 View Post
Well I just found one under '0870' in the search field in the app store.

It is 59p
Yes I found that one, but its not "sayno" I just hopped "sayno" would be there as I use it a lot on my Mac

The reviews on 0870 are not good but I suppose they will be subjective

Thanks for the reply,
Old 16-08-2011, 01:56   #40
AndyCalling
Inactive

Services: Fixed phone service (inclusive weekend calls) & internet service (200/12meg)
AndyCalling has much to be proud ofAndyCalling has much to be proud ofAndyCalling has much to be proud ofAndyCalling has much to be proud ofAndyCalling has much to be proud ofAndyCalling has much to be proud ofAndyCalling has much to be proud ofAndyCalling has much to be proud ofAndyCalling has much to be proud ofAndyCalling has much to be proud of

Can anyone confirm the date this is supposed to kick in? I registered for the 'Just For You' promotion, and I note the only date in this thread is 15th Aug, but I have yet to recieve my email confirming it is all active. I can't remember what the date on the registration screen was, as an email never followed and I didn't write it down.

Has anyone else got their email yet?
AndyCalling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2011, 13:27   #41
trickytree
cf.addict

Services: VVIP500
trickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about them

I got an email only last week saying this had now been activated on my line.

So I have a feeling it was like a queue system and someone somewhere will let you know when it has been activated as long as you filled out the info correctly at the time of sign up however.
trickytree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2011, 16:44   #42
AndyCalling
Inactive

Services: Fixed phone service (inclusive weekend calls) & internet service (200/12meg)
AndyCalling has much to be proud ofAndyCalling has much to be proud ofAndyCalling has much to be proud ofAndyCalling has much to be proud ofAndyCalling has much to be proud ofAndyCalling has much to be proud ofAndyCalling has much to be proud ofAndyCalling has much to be proud ofAndyCalling has much to be proud ofAndyCalling has much to be proud of

Thanks.

Looking at my online account now, it is showing two changes showing as initiated from 02/08 (though they did not show at that time):

Telephone Line Rental
Talk 08 2

Changes to bundle total - £0.64

I'm not sure why the 64p charge, I assume that's to do with the line rental change which must be to do with the price increase? I expect I'll see when the full bill is issued.

I have yet to receive an email telling me this change has been activated, or what the '2' means at the end of 'Talk 08 2'. Oh well.
AndyCalling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2011, 02:53   #43
savvychels
cf.geek

Services: VIP120 w/ TiVo x2
savvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpack

Mine is showing the charge then lower down it's showing a refund of the charge as I signed up for the free offer. The discount is shown separate from my bundle.

Also worth noting something that might seem obvious but 0844 numbers are not included. I've had a couple of calls to them this month and they've been charged. So we still need the saynoto0870 website for those