Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Brexit: Article 50 Has Been Triggered !

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Brexit: Article 50 Has Been Triggered !
Closed Thread

Old 27-03-2017, 21:16   #661
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star
Re: Brexit: Article 50 to be triggered: 2 DAYS FROM NOW!

Oh dear abuse is rife again... How typical of the way the country is going.

Brexit is going to be a cold awakening for many when they see how it personally affects them. Until then , keep trolling away if it keeps you happy
Advertisement
Old 27-03-2017, 21:20   #662
RizzyKing

Oh fgs don't you get tired of repeating yourself over and over i wouldn't mind so much if you and a few others showed that you've seen not all leave voters are the same with quite a few of us having a realistic idea of what voting leave meant. All the more ironic given you complain about abuse but are quite happy to use a moderate type yourself constantly repeating the same doom and gloom regardless of what people have said.

Old 27-03-2017, 21:22   #663
deadite66
cf.geek

Services: Zen Fibre, Asus RT-AC68U
deadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these parts

Question Time Brexit special on bbc1 8:30pm
Old 27-03-2017, 21:31   #664
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadite66 View Post
Oh yes will be sure to set the Tivo for that ! More vitriol.

Fawlty Towers is on Gold, got to be a better bet. Basil speaks far more sense.
Old 27-03-2017, 21:33   #665
figgyburn
Helter Skelter

Services: vm bbl.tvxl
figgyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to behold

I voted to leave to benefit my country in the future not,what was i going to lose by us leaving.Too much of this me,myself and i thinking in this country and not enough to quote JFK"Ask not of what your country can do for you,ask what you can do for your country".I did and voted to leave.

Last edited by figgyburn; 27-03-2017 at 21:38.
Old 27-03-2017, 21:39   #666
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by RizzyKing View Post
Utter rubbish Andrew you saying something doesn't make it a fact it's your opinion and only an opinion and you clearly don't know me well enough to comment on what type of brexit i wanted. You do this a lot say things as though they are fact when it's just your opinion of things and just to clarify so you don't have to mistake my stance i want out of the EU i want out of the single market which has not been working for us as well as some remain supporters pretend. My biggest motivator when i cast my vote was that my grandkids wouldn't have to deal with a single european military that has a two year national service proposal and they would continue to be policed by citizens of this country and abiding by our laws not some nightmare federal european police and justice system.

Article 50 is very clear on the type of exit that we will end up with it only allows oneway and the fact that so many remain supporters are pressuring for an exit that still ties us to the EU shows how little they have either read or understood it. Perhaps if the EU were open and honest about their future plans rather then hiding ever closer integration with legal terminology that even some lawyers struggle to get through in the EU treaty process more of us might have voted differently but that will not happen anytime soon because the EU is scared of the public response were they to lay the whole plan out.
If I'm wrong and you don't want a hard Brexit then I apologise.
Old 27-03-2017, 21:45   #667
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Quote:
Originally Posted by figgyburn View Post
I voted to leave to benefit my country in the future not,what was i going to lose by us leaving.Too much of this me,myself and i thinking in this country and not enough to quote JFK"Ask not of what your country can do for you,ask what you can do for your country".I DID AND VOTED TO LEAVE.
What can you do for your country figgy ? Can you support agriculture ? Can you provide a single market? Can you provide free movement of labour? Can you get freedom to live, work and retire anywhere in Europe? Can you sustain millions of jobs ?

Change always seems nice till you realise what the alternative is.
Old 27-03-2017, 21:54   #668
figgyburn
Helter Skelter

Services: vm bbl.tvxl
figgyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
What can you do for your country figgy ? Can you support agriculture ? Can you provide a single market? Can you provide free movement of labour? Can you get freedom to live, work and retire anywhere in Europe? Can you sustain millions of jobs ?

Change always seems nice till you realise what the alternative is.
I am more than happy to accept the alternative mr k.That's why a majority voted leave because they must be willing to accept the alternative as well.Nobody is stupid enough to think there will not be winners and losers just as it is in life..A question mr k did nobody from britain live,work,retire to europe before we joined?
Old 27-03-2017, 21:57   #669
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Reminder: If you start to use insults towards other members, the wrath of admin will fall upon you.

Dont do it.

Baby, I was born this way.
Old 27-03-2017, 22:04   #670
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadite66 View Post
wow is this annoying i think nick clegg should be hung live on tv

and has kier starmer had a lobotomy

Last edited by papa smurf; 27-03-2017 at 22:07.
Old 27-03-2017, 22:11   #671
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Plenty of heat, very little light. Far too much re-running of the arguments of last summer. Brexit is happening, get on with it.

Oh and Alex Salmond is such a jumped up, self important, pompous twit.
Old 27-03-2017, 22:45   #672
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

The first condition looks impossible to achieve. I suspect it's there to highlight an undeliverable promise made by David Davis.
Labour seems to have belatedly have woken up to Brexit and probably views it as a great way to heap pressure on the Government when it's stretched.

Labour set to outline six conditions for support of Brexit Bill in House of Commons
  • Does it deliver the "exact same benefits" as the UK currently has as a member of the single market and customs union?
  • Does it ensure a strong and collaborative future relationship with the EU?
  • Does it ensure the fair management of migration "in the interests of the economy and communities"?
  • Does it defend rights and protections and "prevent a race to the bottom"?
  • Does it protect national security and the UK's capacity to tackle cross-border crime?
  • Does it deliver for all regions and nations of the UK?
http://www.standard.co.uk/news/polit...-a3499601.html

Last edited by 1andrew1; 27-03-2017 at 22:48.
Old 27-03-2017, 22:49   #673
techguyone
Deus Vult

Services: VM M350 with Superhub4 (modem mode) > Anytime Chatter > No TV
techguyone has reached the bronze age
techguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to techguyone

If Labour become an issue, can't TM call another GE, Labour will undoubtedly lose more seats and make the Cons stronger, they must know this too, so I expect all is bluff and posturing. If it were me, I'd do a GE & the boundary changes in one go
Old 27-03-2017, 22:52   #674
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by techguyone View Post
If Labour become an issue, can't TM call another GE, Labour will undoubtedly lose more seats and make the Cons stronger, they must know this too, so I expect all is bluff and posturing. If it were me, I'd do a GE & the boundary changes in one go
There's a five-year fixed Parliamentry term in force. To alter this. Parliament would have to agree to it, so not a given. Any why do anything to stop Corbyn remaining in power; like Trump he's the gift that keeps on giving.
Old 27-03-2017, 22:53   #675
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Quote:
Originally Posted by techguyone View Post
If Labour become an issue, can't TM call another GE
Not without Labours agreement. Fixed Term Parliament Act - well done Dave & Nick.
Closed Thread