Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Brexit: Article 50 Has Been Triggered !

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Brexit: Article 50 Has Been Triggered !
Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2017, 10:31   #511
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Brexit

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
Or consults his former masters, Bilderberg attendees, EU supporters, Goldman Sachs? Why wasn't that guy fired after the referendum?
Wibble
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Advertisement
Old 12-03-2017, 12:15   #512
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kursk View Post
You seem to accidentally overlook some interesting developments 1andy1. Here's one, for example, from Lord Mervyn King, former Governor of the Bank of England (the one before the current Governor who predicts interest rates by sticking in his thumb and pulling out a plum):

Now stop exhausting Mick; it's bad for your health
Kursk, have you changed your tune on the Mail? Only the other week you were bemoaning the fact that whilst the Mail was your daily read and represented your views, people may be reluctant to share its wisdom due its ban by Wikipedia?
In criticising me for sharing a link to the first page of the Mail, can we now take it that you no longer trust the paper either?
Old 12-03-2017, 12:20   #513
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Kursk, have you changed your tune on the Mail? Only the other week you were bemoaning the fact that whilst the Mail was your daily read and represented your views, people may be reluctant to share its wisdom due its ban by Wikipedia?
In criticising me for sharing a link to the first page of the Mail, can we now take it that you no longer trust the paper either?
it's not about trust it's about hypocrisy

"the practice of claiming to have higher standards or more noble beliefs than is the case"

hypocrisy: the behavior of people who do things that they tell other people not to do

Last edited by papa smurf; 12-03-2017 at 12:23.
Old 12-03-2017, 12:37   #514
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by techguyone View Post
Thing is you seem to be confusing the entire World with the EU, ok so the EU goes west... fine, what about the other 100+ Countries, do you think we won't negotiate something with anyone else?

So there's a few less Audis/BMW's etc on the road... it's not like we'll all be riding pushbikes - and won't it impact those Countries who would have sold us said items more?

Quite apart from anything else, we've had doom laden 'experts' tell us we'd be farked since pretty much day +1 after the vote and they've been made to look pretty stupid now already.

I'm reasonably sure anything we get currently from the EU there will be other places queuing up to sell us their stuff.

to quote a Mr D. Vader 'I find your lack of faith... disturbing'

Our country will really go under if we all convince ourselves we're all as useless as we're made out to be, some of us remember a time pre EU & we seemed to roll just fine.

---

adding on

Seriously.. Seriously? Yes. Stop. We're going to lose roaming phone charges, lets abort! ffs.

All of the above will affect the EU (or those touristy type places in the eu) far more than us. You just don't go there, and go somewhere else (who do you think suffers more) I'll say it again, and keep saying it. The World is BIGGER than the eu. There is no shortage of nice places to goad see outside of the eu. Any kind of 'punitive crap they pull will in the end, affect them far more than us.
David Cameron was rightly criticised for not planning for a leave vote. Theresa May is rightly being criticised for not planning for a lack of agreement with the EU.
We need to learn lessons from the referendum vote and plan for both eventualities. That's why our elected representatives are concerned.
Quote:
the national interest at risk by failing to prepare for the “real prospect” that two years of Brexit negotiations could end with no deal.
The criticism – and warnings of dire consequences – is levelled at May by the all-party foreign affairs select committee only days before she is expected to trigger article 50 – the formal process that will end the UK’s 44-year membership of the European Union.
After a detailed inquiry into what would happen if Brexit negotiations failed, the Tory chairman of the committee, Crispin Blunt, a supporter of leaving the EU, said: “The possibility of ‘no deal’ is real enough to require the government to plan how to deal with it.
https://www.theguardian.com/politics...cle-50-theresa

---------- Post added at 11:29 ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
it's not about trust it's about hypocrisy

"the practice of claiming to have higher standards or more noble beliefs than is the case"

hypocrisy: the behavior of people who do things that they tell other people not to do
The question Parliament is raising is - why haven't we prepared for no agreement with the EU. I appreciate that this is an uncomfortable subject for some but it's an important one for our future.

---------- Post added at 11:37 ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 ----------

Quote:
Or consults his former masters, Bilderberg attendees, EU supporters, Goldman Sachs? Why wasn't that guy fired after the referendum?
Maybe there was no one in place to fire him?
Old 12-03-2017, 12:38   #515
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
David Cameron was rightly criticised for not planning for a leave vote. Theresa May is rightly being criticised for not planning for a lack of agreement with the EU.
We need to learn lessons from the referendum vote and plan for both eventualities. That's why our elected representatives are concerned.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...cle-50-theresa

---------- Post added at 11:29 ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 ----------

The question Parliament is raising is - why haven't we prepared for no agreement with the EU. I appreciate that this is an uncomfortable subject for some but it's an important one for our future.
and the point i was making was newspaper hypocrisy i appreciate that this is an uncomfortable subject and you may wish to skirt around it
Old 12-03-2017, 12:56   #516
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Wibble

Wobble? Is this a new game? A NWO code word perhaps? A shortened version of the George W Bush statement, "An angel that "rides in the whirlwind and directs this storm" Are the Elites planning an attack?

Truly sorry Hugh; I tried to resist.
Old 12-03-2017, 12:59   #517
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
and the point i was making was newspaper hypocrisy i appreciate that this is an uncomfortable subject and you may wish to skirt around it
Ask me a straight question and I'll give a straight answer.
Old 12-03-2017, 15:37   #518
passingbat
Inactive

passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:

Maybe there was no one in place to fire him?

Where's Alan Sugar or Arnie when you need them!? Though I suspect both of them would have kept him on.
Old 12-03-2017, 16:10   #519
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:

Wobble? Is this a new game? A NWO code word perhaps? A shortened version of the George W Bush statement, "An angel that "rides in the whirlwind and directs this storm" Are the Elites planning an attack?

Truly sorry Hugh; I tried to resist.
I love it when the Most Sekrit Conspiracy NWO has an official website, with a list of Committee Members, FAQs, and list of what was discussed at their Sekrit World Domination Conspiracy conclaves, and lists of participants...

http://www.bilderbergmeetings.org/index.html

http://www.bilderbergmeetings.org/st...committee.html

http://www.bilderbergmeetings.org/conferences.html

http://www.bilderbergmeetings.org/participants.html

I wonder if Mervin King still attends these meetings...
Old 12-03-2017, 16:53   #520
passingbat
Inactive

Quote:
I love it when the Most Sekrit Conspiracy NWO has an official website, with a list of Committee Members, FAQs, and list of what was discussed at their Sekrit World Domination Conspiracy conclaves, and lists of participants...

http://www.bilderbergmeetings.org/index.html

http://www.bilderbergmeetings.org/st...committee.html

http://www.bilderbergmeetings.org/conferences.html

http://www.bilderbergmeetings.org/participants.html

I wonder if Mervin King still attends these meetings...

The meetings aren't secret. It's what is actually said in the discussions that is secret. Surely you knew that already?
Old 12-03-2017, 18:33   #521
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

In 5 years time this is going to be a fascinating thread to read..
Old 12-03-2017, 18:53   #522
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
The meetings aren't secret. It's what is actually said in the discussions that is secret. Surely you knew that already?
But surely if they were running a Sekrit Conspiracy™ to rule the world, they wouldn't publicise the meetings or the attendees?

Shouldn't they be meeting in a hollowed-out volcano, with a trap-door bridge over the shark tank?

Last edited by Hugh; 12-03-2017 at 18:57.
Old 12-03-2017, 19:00   #523
Kursk
-.- ..- .-. ... -.-

Kursk has disabled reputation

Quote:
Nope, I like the Mail and I read it nearly every day. I know that many here don't hold it in much regard but my point is that to be truly representative, a full spectrum of popular curent opinion better serves forum discussions. The ban by Wikipedia has nothing to do with it; I don't regard Wiki or the Mail as the definitive factual source but both contribute to my understanding of an overall picture.

I wasn't criticising you for sharing a Mail link btw; in fact, I have noticed and am grateful that you have diversified your sourcing to include Mail references. We cannot ignore the popular press, believing that it is in some way an embarrassment to the intelligentsia; everyone's point of view matters as does everyone's vote. There are people in politics who still don't seem to want to grasp this.

I was simply making the point that, whichever sourcing you choose, it is invariably negative and perhaps especially so where Brexit is concerned to the point it would seem, of careful selectivity. On the forum that simply translates into polarising opinion and we need to move on from that imho.

Apart from anything else attrition won't change anyone's mind about anything and we won't find the required compromises in one upmanship-style posting.
Old 12-03-2017, 20:24   #524
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
In 5 years time this is going to be a fascinating thread to read..
Well hopefully l will still be alive by then.
Old 12-03-2017, 20:39   #525
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura

Quote:
But surely if they were running a Sekrit Conspiracy™ to rule the world, they wouldn't publicise the meetings or the attendees?
Difficult to keep that quiet given the number and identity of the average attendee.
Quote:

Shouldn't they be meeting in a hollowed-out volcano, with a trap-door bridge over the shark tank?
You're possibly closer to the truth than you think.
Closed Thread