Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Copying settings from failed box

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Copying settings from failed box

Old 15-11-2016, 00:58   #16
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Copying settings from failed box

Do you know if it will also copy across the list of my deleted recordings; to prevent duplicates being recorded on the V6?

I wonder if they could ever devise a system where actual recordings could be uploaded to VM and dropped onto the new box, now that would be very useful.

I imagine that copyright would prevent this even if it were to be technically possible though.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 15-11-2016, 08:49   #17
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Do you know if it will also copy across the list of my deleted recordings; to prevent duplicates being recorded on the V6?

I wonder if they could ever devise a system where actual recordings could be uploaded to VM and dropped onto the new box, now that would be very useful.

I imagine that copyright would prevent this even if it were to be technically possible though.
I think the Cloud method of programme retrieval will happen before anything can be done about that, Richard. And then we will be subject to a time window in which to catch up, I suspect.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2016, 14:21   #18
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

Quote:

The answer to your first question is that your deleted recording list is not copied and you should expect your new V6 to record some episodes you've already watched.
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2016, 16:13   #19
trickytree
cf.addict

Services: VVIP500
trickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about them

I've got a second box appear in my TV Anywhere app so something weird is going off.
Add that to the 319 On Demand errors and the slowness of the original TiVo and Virgin are not having a good time.

The V6 better kick some ass
trickytree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2016, 16:17   #20
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
The answer to your first question is that your deleted recording list is not copied and you should expect your new V6 to record some episodes you've already watched.
Thank you.

Still, Suggestions, Series Links and Wish lists is a great help. When these are reinstalled, I imagine it will simply rebuild my planner to what it is now by using these settings.

---------- Post added at 15:14 ---------- Previous post was at 15:14 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I think the Cloud method of programme retrieval will happen before anything can be done about that, Richard. And then we will be subject to a time window in which to catch up, I suspect.
Probably, yes.

---------- Post added at 15:17 ---------- Previous post was at 15:14 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickytree View Post
I've got a second box appear in my TV Anywhere app so something weird is going off.
Add that to the 319 On Demand errors and the slowness of the original TiVo and Virgin are not having a good time.

The V6 better kick some ass
All sorts of odd niggling errors have been reported since the update.

I'm trying to watch things that won't be repeated before Thursday and I've found that one programme only copied the first 3 minutes!

It was outside the 7 day time window, but luckily within 28 days, so I could use the app on my TV to watch it.
Old 17-11-2016, 18:56   #21
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
This thread is from 2014 and the link no longer works.
Odd, the link from 2014 is now working for anyone who needs to use it!

It says that my request has been added to the TiVo queue and that it will take about half an hour.

SP said earlier in the thread (in 2014) that it might take a couple of hours though.

I hope that the national fault (mentioned in the V6 thread) with updating information won't affect this.

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 17-11-2016 at 19:00.
Old 18-11-2016, 01:01   #22
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Still hasn't worked, so i've just tried again.

I rang 150 for advice and got passed to four people in India, only to be eventually told that this facility does not exist and that I'll have to input them all again!!!

I'll see if it works overnight and ring during the day if it doesn't work to see if I can get any sense
Old 19-11-2016, 17:13   #23
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Still hasn't worked, so i've just tried again.

I rang 150 for advice and got passed to four people in India, only to be eventually told that this facility does not exist and that I'll have to input them all again!!!

I'll see if it works overnight and ring during the day if it doesn't work to see if I can get any sense
The system to transfer Series Links, Thumbs up and Wish lists is not working.

I'm not sure if this is affecting everyone or just TiVo to V6 customers. There is no timescale to get this fixed, but if it's not done soon the settings will be automatically deleted.

I have had to waste time and go to the inconvenience/trouble of setting up the ones that I can remember again and am missing episodes of the ones that I can't remember.

If i'd have been told about this beforehand, i'd have made a record of them.
Old 19-11-2016, 17:43   #24
mentalis
cf.geek

Services: | Freeview | VirginTV XL with TiVo | BB L | Phone M |
mentalis is just really nicementalis is just really nicementalis is just really nicementalis is just really nicementalis is just really nicementalis is just really nice

I have had two TiVos swapped (and the newest one I got last week has problems) and in neither case have I seen a link to copy settings.

It's annoying following the instructions and not seeing the link. On the plus side at least I only have programmes in my record list that I actually want.
mentalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2016, 17:54   #25
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

I successfully copied series links from TiVo to V6 last Monday - only series links, not all three.
Might be worth doing one set at a time to see if that works.
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2016, 18:39   #26
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
I successfully copied series links from TiVo to V6 last Monday - only series links, not all three.
Might be worth doing one set at a time to see if that works.
Cheers, I'll try that to see if it works

Quote:
Originally Posted by mentalis View Post
I have had two TiVos swapped (and the newest one I got last week has problems) and in neither case have I seen a link to copy settings.

It's annoying following the instructions and not seeing the link. On the plus side at least I only have programmes in my record list that I actually want.
This link should allow you to copy things across if you have had the box swap within the last 14 or 30 days.

I was told on here that it's 14 days, but told by faults yesterday that it's 30 days- i'm working on a 14 day deadline.

https://identity.virginmedia.com/vm_...o%2Fboxswap%2F
Old 19-11-2016, 19:51   #27
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

In what way is it not working, Richard?
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2016, 20:59   #28
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
In what way is it not working, Richard?
It keeps saying that it has successfully worked and to wait for half an hour on the webpage, but nothing ever appears on the V6.
Old 19-11-2016, 22:23   #29
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
It keeps saying that it has successfully worked and to wait for half an hour on the webpage, but nothing ever appears on the V6.
Go into Settings->Network, and make sure it is connecting successfully and at regular intervals. Try doing an extra connection.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2016, 14:06   #30
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
Go into Settings->Network, and make sure it is connecting successfully and at regular intervals. Try doing an extra connection.
Tried this earlier today, alas it's still not working. Thanks anyway for trying to help