Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | U.S President: Donald Trump

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

U.S President: Donald Trump
Closed Thread

Old 17-05-2017, 10:19   #1426
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
Re: U.S President: Donald Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
It's all very well to say that. The constant stream of inappropriate tweets, comments and worrying gaffs cannot be ignored. The sooner this Frank Spencer of a president is impeached, the safer we will all be, and maybe we can sleep more soundly at night.
i sleep just fine ,i don't know the Donald but i would guess he doesn't give a damn about others opinion of him , and i doubt the world is so unstable that a tweet is going to trigger oblivion .
Old 17-05-2017, 10:28   #1427
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
i sleep just fine ,i don't know the Donald but i would guess he doesn't give a damn about others opinion of him , and i doubt the world is so unstable that a tweet is going to trigger oblivion .
the world's not that unstable but he might be....
Old 17-05-2017, 11:00   #1428
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Well we don't know yet. It appears this is just one of the documents Corney has according to the article and maybe he is waiting until congress calls him to justify to release more and enter testimony to the record.

The (Republican) head of the House Oversight Committee has already requested the memo and any other documents to investigate it. There may be nothing there but that's probably going to be decided by congress.

At this rate Trump is more likely to get in serious trouble over how he is acting over this investigation than anything the investigation, left to it's own devices, might find. It's often said that it's the cover-up that kills you but it's something else if that cover-up is of something that was never a problem in the first place.

Trump would do better to say 'there is nothing there, you go ahead with the investigation to confirm it' rather than acting up. If you're worried about partisan interference from congress than appoint a Special Prosecutor or an Independent bi-partisan commission. At the moment, even if there is nothing there at all, he isn't helping himself.
There has not been a cover up though. The investigation still is ongoing McCabe, acting FBI Director made a legal testimony that there had been no effort to impede the investigation. If there was ever a trial with Trump in the dock, I'd say this was a start to great defence.

If Trump said 'I hope you can let this go, Flynn is a good guy' and Comey has apparently said in response, 'I agree, he is a good guy.' Comey is hanging himself out to dry for sitting on this, if true and not reporting the alleged conversation with congress at the time. Democrats can scream obstruction of justice, impeachment blah blah, all they want but from a legal standpoint, no crime has been committed because the investigation is still ongoing, firing Comey did not and would not stop it.

I was watching CNN last night and even they had a lawyer on saying it was not obstruction of justice. That Comey sitting on this, if it's true, that him doing nothing, could see himself in trouble.

---------- Post added at 11:00 ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
I can think of a few unstable individuals, those specifically who mock democracy and cherish the EU, and don't see it for what it really is. A totally corrupt pile of garbage.
Old 17-05-2017, 11:05   #1429
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
There has not been a cover up though. The investigation still is ongoing McCabe, acting FBI Director made a legal testimony that there had been no effort to impede the investigation. If there was ever a trial with Trump in the dock, I'd say this was a start to great defence.
The acting FBI director was referring to the investigation into Russian interference. The Flynn investigation is apparently separate. Either way we also have the previous FBI director, maybe, saying otherwise. It's not a conclusive case by any means but if he testifies to congress the story might move on.

The Wall Street Journal is reporting there may be more to come: https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-a...tor-1494974774

So we wait and see.
Old 17-05-2017, 12:54   #1430
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:

I was watching CNN last night .

I hope you applied an antidote with a dose of Fox news
Old 17-05-2017, 13:00   #1431
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

So Putin reckons he has records which will clear Trump of giving away secrets. The thing is can they be trusted?...

Quote:
Vladimir Putin has said he is willing to provide a transcript of Donald Trump's meeting with senior Russian officials, insisting the US President did not share classified intelligence.

The Russian President said he would not share the audio recording of Mr Trump's meeting with foreign minister Sergey Lavrov but would be prepared to provide the transcript, according to a Kremlin aide.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7740416.html
Old 17-05-2017, 13:53   #1432
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Trump doesn't need to justify himself on the sharing of information, he has had his surrogates backing him up saying no secrets were shared and has been said already, even if Trump did, he is the executive branch and has the authority to declassify anything he seems fit.

The problem at the moment in the White House is leakers, people trying to stitch Trump up by running to the liberal Press with so called conversations. I said this at the start of his Presidency, there will be people around him always attempting to stick the knife in.

I have come to the conclusion that while the Founding Fathers attempted to create a perfect democratic system with checks and balances over 200 years ago, their workings are flawed because there is this constant rivalry and in fighting and that in some instance, while there is an official government, there is a secret government in play that tries all it can to unpick the official one. You only have to way up history and the Asassination of President John F. Kennedy and the conspiracy surrounding it, with fingers pointing at the CIA with assumption being they did not like the Kennedy's.
Old 17-05-2017, 15:08   #1433
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

They didn't want a king.

Although I think you're referring more to the bureaucracy rather than the balances of powers?
Old 17-05-2017, 15:34   #1434
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
They didn't want a king.

Although I think you're referring more to the bureaucracy rather than the balances of powers?
Yes, something like that, while I understand the workings of the Electoral College, it's the inner workings of the Constitution that I think sometimes it may be flawed.

There should be a independent system that does the checks and balances, right now it depends on political parties, who naturally have an axe to grind with their opposition. I absolutely agree Trump needs to be investigated but by a non-biased political entity.
Old 17-05-2017, 19:33   #1435
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Yes, something like that, while I understand the workings of the Electoral College, it's the inner workings of the Constitution that I think sometimes it may be flawed.
I think you would get resistance from almost any democratic system if the bureaucracy is uncooperative. Imagine how the civil service could cripple the government here if they really wanted. The United States, for better or worse, has more political appointments than we do though. I prefer our system as moving staff in and out of positions every 4/8 years seems inefficient.

Quote:
There should be a independent system that does the checks and balances, right now it depends on political parties, who naturally have an axe to grind with their opposition. I absolutely agree Trump needs to be investigated but by a non-biased political entity.
Well the judiciary is the third, independent, branch. Many judges are political appointees but are then immune from political interference. Trump has the other branch in the hands of the Republicans.

A special prosecutor is the best solution here. Independent of congress and the White House.

---------- Post added at 19:33 ---------- Previous post was at 18:48 ----------

Chaffez has officially invited Corney to testify next Wednesday: http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...dnesday-238512
Old 17-05-2017, 19:45   #1436
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
It's the unstable individuals who make an unstable world.

---------- Post added at 19:45 ---------- Previous post was at 19:37 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
I presume you take sleeping tablets, then, assuming you do want us all to survive.

Diplomacy can be pretty tricky sometimes, particularly when dealing with other unstable leaders. I believe a beligerent tweet could indeed stir a hostile reaction from some of these monsters.

Donald Trump has no manners and no finesse and I am not confident that we will all survive the remaining three and a half years of his 'rule' without something very regrettable happening.

The only happy ending I can envisage is that The Donald decides to go to Pyongyang to sort its Dear Leader out once and for all and nobody gets up to stop him.
Old 17-05-2017, 20:18   #1437
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
It's the unstable individuals who make an unstable world.

---------- Post added at 19:45 ---------- Previous post was at 19:37 ----------

I presume you take sleeping tablets, then, assuming you do want us all to survive.

Diplomacy can be pretty tricky sometimes, particularly when dealing with other unstable leaders. I believe a beligerent tweet could indeed stir a hostile reaction from some of these monsters.

Donald Trump has no manners and no finesse and I am not confident that we will all survive the remaining three and a half years of his 'rule' without something very regrettable happening.

The only happy ending I can envisage is that The Donald decides to go to Pyongyang to sort its Dear Leader out once and for all and nobody gets up to stop him.
i invested in a tin foil table cloth and now i sleep under the table .
Old 17-05-2017, 20:39   #1438
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:

So, you're scared that Trump will blow up the world but want him to attack North Korea

Trump is trying a more peaceful solution by building good relations with China to put pressure on North Korea. Who's the dumb/smart one in this scenario?

Trump along with Brexit is standing up against globalisation; a big thrust of which is done via multinational trade deals. He has cancelled TPP, TTIP (now dead) would never have got off the ground under Trump and NAFTA will be renegotiated. Obama and Hillary were/are globalists. Trump is bringing jobs back to the US and has cut illegal immigration from Mexico by 70% since taking office. He has appointed a Supreme court judge with traditional moral standards, repealed the Johnson amendment, giving all religions freedom of political views without financial penalties and curtailed lobbying. And shown that there is someone in charge who will not let a red line be crossed when he strategically attacked Syria.

Those with liberal views hate these things, hence outrage.
Old 17-05-2017, 20:52   #1439
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Yes Trump is indeed the Second Coming and we can all be grateful. Seems to be going down well in the US too.
Quote:
Trump is hitting new approval lows at precisely the wrong time
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...he-wrong-time/
Liberal bleeding country, they don't realise how lucky they are...
Old 17-05-2017, 22:29   #1440
Gavin78
Ice Cold

Services: XL TV M Phone 200MB BB
Gavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these parts

I thin Trump will do well he hasn't fallen into a YES person that is why the system is all over the place at the minute. 12 months from now we'll see a different and better kind of America
Closed Thread