Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

Old 19-07-2016, 09:04   #3241
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon
Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

Thanks weenie, I called her, she was fine about it just said could I make it to the office to catch the next minibus. I said yes, and she said if I made that one then it would all be fine. So I did, I apologised 3 times to her during the shift and she was fine about it. I think she has a soft spot for me, she shouts at everyone else but speaks to me like I'm human.

Of course it might be because I'm new still to the job.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 19-07-2016, 14:50   #3242
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

Hope all goes well for you Mark. We went on holiday many years ago to Tenerife and when we came back our house had been broken into. They go in a back window and had to get out the same way so it was all small things they took Jewellery my granny gave me when I was 16. also took money. It was terrible. We got double glazing in after that.
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2016, 18:59   #3243
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Bias dress codes in shops.

I mean the one that allow a woman to wear a size 12 leggings when she's a size 24.

But a security guard runs after a guy (nearly knocking someone over) who walking in in tracksuit bottoms but no top, he did have a six pack.
Old 26-07-2016, 05:25   #3244
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze

Ugh, a 4am wakeup call as I am working first thing. Not sure if I prefer this as it means I will get to bed at a decent time tonight, because the later jobs see me just crawling in at this time.
Old 26-07-2016, 14:51   #3245
nashville
nashville

nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

There is an large hilly embankment round half of our building and the council have been cutting the grass for 28 years, now they say they have no money and with cut backs they are no longer going to cut the grass, unless we pay for it, They say it would be cheaper to get someone to cut it privately, but the two council tenants are on benefits, so no chance of getting money off them, ,

I also asked if we fill in a form as we are over 70 and have a blue badge and fit all the requirements would we get our garden and back green cut for free as stated on the website. They said it would cost us £140 a year. Makes you sick when you here about all these people who get everything that is going.
Old 26-07-2016, 15:08   #3246
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashville View Post
There is an large hilly embankment round half of our building and the council have been cutting the grass for 28 years, now they say they have no money and with cut backs they are no longer going to cut the grass, unless we pay for it....
They tried that here, saying they were "helping nature and insects".

One mention of ticks and Lyme disease in long grass and the mowing restarted....
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2016, 16:03   #3247
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
They tried that here, saying they were "helping nature and insects".

One mention of ticks and Lyme disease in long grass and the mowing restarted....
Amazing how the possible threat of litigation can loosen the purse strings.
Old 27-07-2016, 10:55   #3248
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

Just back from Asda and realised that I forgot one of the things I went in for milk so annoying when that happens.
Old 27-07-2016, 11:16   #3249
arcimedes
cf.mega poster

Services: TV XL ,TiVo X 2, 200Mb Broadband XL phone
arcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by weenie View Post
Just back from Asda and realised that I forgot one of the things I went in for milk so annoying when that happens.
Absolutely agree. I usually find that the main reason I go in the shop is the one item I forget.

Luckily there is a Tesco Express within 200 yards which helps.
arcimedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2016, 11:26   #3250
nashville
nashville

I have done that often Weenie. So annoying. I used to write a note of messages and go out and leave it on the table.
Old 27-07-2016, 12:42   #3251
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

Why is it always the way that every time I find someone I like there is an obstacle blocking my way. This time it is work rules, and I don't want to break them because I like working with the person I have fallen for. Ugh, why is life so Goddamn unfair?
Old 27-07-2016, 12:52   #3252
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by weenie View Post
I write a list of the things we need and it's also in the order that I go round the aisles so it's easy to tick things off. Maybe I'm being a little anal?
Old 27-07-2016, 13:45   #3253
arcimedes
cf.mega poster

Services: TV XL ,TiVo X 2, 200Mb Broadband XL phone
arcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
I write a list of the things we need and it's also in the order that I go round the aisles so it's easy to tick things off. Maybe I'm being a little anal?
That works until they change whats in the aisles. I went to Homebase yesterday for a bulb and couldn't find any. Then I realised they had moved them upstairs with lighting. What was really annoying was when I got home I found the bulb I wanted. Still these will probably needed shortly as this is the second bulb to fail on the chandelier so the others should be going soon.
arcimedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2016, 12:19   #3254
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

So er, finished work last night then had to wait an hour for the minibus home. Car park we were told to park in closed at midnight, and we had to wait then for an hour for someone to come and release the 2 minibuses. At a cost of £45 each! As you can imagine, my boss wasn't happy. In fact, I think I learnt some Polish swear words.
Old 28-07-2016, 16:57   #3255
mrmistoffelees

Services: Many
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze

Solicitors and IFA's

IFA because he gave the wrong solicitor details to the mortgage company who have then sent the mortgage offer to said wrong solicitor.

Said wrong solicitors because they're dragging their heels to send us a letter saying we havent instructed them regarding the purchase of a house which the mortgage company now need.

The entire house buying process can go take a flying......