Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Old 06-08-2012, 19:29   #5401
LondonRoad
Inactive

Services: 30mb BB, XL TV, V+, TiVo, talk unlimited.
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star
Re: The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashville View Post
Just in from the town I bought two blouses from Slaters 1 full price & 1 in the sale for £15. happy about that
You're not too far from the Slaters warehouse in Uddingston. They open to the public one Sunday a month (first or last Sunday I think). It's worth a look if you haven't been before.
LondonRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 07-08-2012, 10:57   #5402
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

We are getting a Tivo box, and 100meg, I told my dad to make sure the put the hub on modem only as I want to keep my router.

Quick question what is the ip for the super hub and username and password and how do I check if it is in modem mode only?

I believe my routers IP is 192.168.1.1
Old 07-08-2012, 11:25   #5403
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
We are getting a Tivo box, and 100meg, I told my dad to make sure the put the hub on modem only as I want to keep my router.

Quick question what is the ip for the super hub and username and password and how do I check if it is in modem mode only?

I believe my routers IP is 192.168.1.1
SH is 192.168.100.1, the username and password will be on the SH.

Login and click the middle red square box for 'Super Hub Settings' then near the bottom of the page you can put it in modem mode, this is assuming it has the latests firmware already on it.
SnoopZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 11:43   #5404
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
carlwaring has reached the bronze age
carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age

Actually, mine's 192.168.0.1 However, as you said, all the settings will be the SH itself.
carlwaring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 12:34   #5405
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlwaring View Post
Actually, mine's 192.168.0.1 However, as you said, all the settings will be the SH itself.
Just checked the back of my SH and it indeed says 192.168.0.1 so it looks like they both work.
Old 07-08-2012, 13:38   #5406
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

My hub has 192.168.0.1 but that didn't work, but 192.168.100.1 did
Old 07-08-2012, 16:26   #5407
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

I do have happy news for a change

I got discharged from the foot clinic to my local Podiatry team today .
Just the diabetes, kidney disease,blindness and the growths I'm off for a biopsy next week for now and all is ok again

Still one down and several more to go..
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 18:10   #5408
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilligaf1701 View Post

Just the diabetes, kidney disease,blindness and the growths I'm off for a biopsy next week for now and all is ok again

That's great news about the Foot Clinic dilli. Does this mean you have a chance at getting a Guide Dog?
Old 07-08-2012, 18:11   #5409
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

They say I can re-apply for training in about six months when I've built up my feet / walking again
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 18:14   #5410
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Quote:
They say I can re-apply for training in about six months when I've built up my feet / walking again
That sounds good, I am sure you will get there this time.
Old 07-08-2012, 19:10   #5411
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

We had a special visitor at work today... Stephen Hawking

One of my workmates has known him for ages, as her mum is one of his carers. He went to a BBQ at her house last month, and expressed an interest in seeing where she worked (she joined us at the start of the year).

So, today he came along with my workmate's mum and another carer. He had a tour of the offices and lab, the MD gave a presentation on what we do, and he then asked some questions of the MD and let us take a couple of photos.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 19:22   #5412
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:

Good news - you're always so positive - best of luck!

---------- Post added at 19:20 ---------- Previous post was at 19:12 ----------

Mrs Osem & Osem Jnr are on their way home after 12 days seeing family and friends in E. Europe. Their flight's due in about 10pm and I can't wait to get to the airport, pick them up and get the safely back home. Should be home before midnight if all goes well.

Having said that, it's been great being alone with my 'special' lad - so much simpler with only 2 variables in the family equation. Although he's been hard work at times it's been really nice spending so much time with him and learning even more about what makes him tick. We've been out and about, shared a few BBQs in the back garden and I've enjoyed indulging him with some of his favourite meals. Jeez I can't believe how much that lad can eat but I've always thought a good appetite is a sign of good health and on that basis he's a fit as a butcher's dog and without an ounce of spare flesh!

---------- Post added at 19:22 ---------- Previous post was at 19:20 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post

One of my workmates has known him for ages, as her mum is one of his carers. He went to a BBQ at her house last month, and expressed an interest in seeing where she worked (she joined us at the start of the year).

So, today he came along with my workmate's mum and another carer. He had a tour of the offices and lab, the MD gave a presentation on what we do, and he then asked some questions of the MD and let us take a couple of photos.
One of science's true greats! Bet you'll never forget that.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 19:36   #5413
Tinky
To err is human

Services: yearly MOT
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
Good news - you're always so positive - best of luck!

---------- Post added at 19:20 ---------- Previous post was at 19:12 ----------

Mrs Osem & Osem Jnr are on their way home after 12 days seeing family and friends in E. Europe. Their flight's due in about 10pm and I can't wait to get to the airport, pick them up and get the safely back home. Should be home before midnight if all goes well.

Having said that, it's been great being alone with my 'special' lad - so much simpler with only 2 variables in the family equation. Although he's been hard work at times it's been really nice spending so much time with him and learning even more about what makes him tick. We've been out and about, shared a few BBQs in the back garden and I've enjoyed indulging him with some of his favourite meals. Jeez I can't believe how much that lad can eat but I've always thought a good appetite is a sign of good health and on that basis he's a fit as a butcher's dog and without an ounce of spare flesh!

---------- Post added at 19:22 ---------- Previous post was at 19:20 ----------

Moments to treasure eh Osem?
Tinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 20:14   #5414
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinky View Post
Moments to treasure eh Osem?
Yes very much so!! He's an enigma and certainly has his quirks (very embarrassing at times) but it's been great. Last year the other two went away for a couple of weeks during term time after Jnr's GCSEs so I didn't get to spend all day with our youngest. That's what's made this time different and all the better really. We're all off to the Isle of Wight in a few weeks so he'll get his holiday then and we'll all chill out together.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 00:01   #5415
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post

I remember standing next to him in Rumbelows in Cambridge 20 years ago and saw him a few times near the Mill Pond when i was drinking.