Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Stargate Origins

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television

Stargate Origins

Old 23-07-2017, 14:04   #1
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Stargate Origins

This is the first I have heard of it and I am absolutely hyped at the thought of a new Stargate series. I absolutely loved SG1 and Atlantis and have watched them over and over again and I am thrilled they are making another series. It will be sooooo good having proper scifi series to watch again. It has been years since we had Star Trek and Stargate on tv at the same time and we will also have The Expanse to compliment it and I am sure a few others.

The era of space scifi is back!

Quote:
Stargate fans are in for a treat. Deadline reports MGM is reviving the popular franchise with a new digital TV show and streaming platform.

The new series, titled Stargate Origins, is the latest installment in the long-running sci-fi franchise, which centers on the ability to travel anywhere in the universe in an instant. The upcoming show will “explore a brand new chapter in Catherine Langford’s early history surrounding the extraordinary portal.” Langford first appeared in the 1994 film Stargate and was played by Viveca Lindfors.
Stargate Origins will be available to stream exclusively on MGM’s upcoming SVOD platform Stargate Command. The 10-episodes series is slated to launch later this year.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 23-07-2017, 15:43   #2
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Re: Stargate Origins

Should be interesting - however, do you realise each one is only 10 minutes long ?

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2017, 19:09   #3
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

where did you find that out?
Old 23-07-2017, 23:21   #4
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Well you can find it all over the internet if you search, here is one example ;

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...nation-1022957

Quote:
The new series, which will feature 10-minute episodes, will follow fan-favorite character Catherine Langford (originally played by Elizabeth Hoffman) and explore a new chapter in her early history surrounding the portal. Young Catherine embarks on a new unexpected adventure to unlock the mystery of what lies beyond the Stargate in order to save the Earth from darkness. (Watch the teaser trailer, below.)

---------- Post added at 22:21 ---------- Previous post was at 22:20 ----------

Put them all together and you have a 1 hour 40 min movie.

(Probably a bit less due to overlap etc).

Old 24-07-2017, 18:23   #5
General Maximus
Ran Away

arse, I thought you was winding me up. I googled it and looked at the first five links and they said nothing of episode length.
Old 25-07-2017, 00:09   #6
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Gutted they are only 10 mins each but still so glad to have a new Stargate show to watch. Universe was good but it was not loved by most.

Still remember watching the original in the cinema all those years ago and loved it immensely. Then when SG-1 started I was over the moon.
Old 25-07-2017, 08:57   #7
General Maximus
Ran Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Then when SG-1 started I was over the moon.
me too, I can remember being in awe at the pilot because they had the same Jaffa suits and jackal helmets and the same Stargate with the water effect. I was expecting a cheap knock off but at the time I was thinking it is just as good as the movie and a perfect continuation. SG1 is still one of my favourite series of all time because it blended story, characters, action and humour perfectly together and serves as a perfect example of how you can make a 10 season 20 eps/season series and still be good.
Old 30-10-2017, 23:26   #8
General Maximus
Ran Away

Old 31-10-2017, 00:28   #9
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Looks promising.

Lot of production for just a few short episodes though.
Old 31-10-2017, 08:30   #10
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Looks promising.

It's roughly equivalent to a 1 hour 40 minute movie (10 10 minute episodes), although it's probably less than that once you count titles and credits.
Old 31-10-2017, 09:06   #11
General Maximus
Ran Away

Quote:
Looks promising.

which means fantastic quality and it will be realistic and in keeping with the Stargate universe as we know it. I hope it is a huge success and encourages MGM to green light another proper series.
Old 31-10-2017, 13:59   #12
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Looks promising.

Its basically a movie, split up into 10 minute blocks.

Not sure why they did it that way, seems like they could just release it as a film and be done with it - people will almost certainly combine them anyway.

Old 20-12-2017, 23:18   #13
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Here's a new teaser,

pip08456 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2017, 19:44   #14
General Maximus
Ran Away

if I had won the euro millions on Tuesday I would have funded a new Stargate series (and proper Star Trek).
Old 02-02-2018, 16:03   #15
General Maximus
Ran Away

this looks so good. Out of all the series making a revival/come back why oh why can't they bring Stargate back.