Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media Changelog

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Virgin Media Changelog

Old 15-01-2013, 09:02   #796
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: Virgin Media Changelog

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnasimmons View Post
More4+1 now on channel 196
Excellent as l find these +1 channels very useful as it avoids recording clashes.
Old 15-01-2013, 13:30   #797
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

As of Today (15/01/13):

-More4 +1 has launch on Virgin Channel 196.
-SyFy has move to the M+ Package on Virgin Channel 135.
-SyFy +1 has move to the M+ Package on Virgin Channel 166.
-Universal Channel +1 has move to the M+ Package on Virgin Channel 163.
-Movies 24+ has move to the M+ Package on Virgin Channel 420.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2013, 13:51   #798
Jameseh

Surely Universal changing packages would have been part of a new agreement, aka where is Universal HD?
Old 15-01-2013, 16:55   #799
Felim_Doyle
cf.geek

Services: Digital TV XL TiVo 500MB, Broadband 100Mb SuperHub, Telephone XXL
Felim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of society
Send a message via ICQ to Felim_Doyle Send a message via AIM to Felim_Doyle Send a message via MSN to Felim_Doyle Send a message via Yahoo to Felim_Doyle
Question Re: Virgin Media Changelog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
As of Today (14/01/13):

-ITV1 has been rebranded as ITV on Virgin Channel 103 (England and Wales only).
-BBC One HD has stop broadcasting in Scotland on Virgin Channel 108.
-BBC One Scotland HD has launch on Virgin Channel 108 (Scotland only).
-ITV1 HD has been rebranded as ITV HD on Virgin Channel 113 (England and Wales only).
-ITV1 +1 has been rebranded as ITV +1 on Virgin Channel 114 (England and Wales only).
-ITV1 AD has been rebranded as ITV AD on Virgin Channel 853.
I wish I knew why they have taken the retrograde step of re-branding ITV1 as ITV thereby disassociating it from ITV2, ITV3 and ITV4.

Could it be that the others will also be renamed and possibly even sold off?

Sorry, I've probably missed a thread covering this very topic!
Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, UK
Felim_Doyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2013, 13:46   #800
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameseh View Post
Surely Universal changing packages would have been part of a new agreement, aka where is Universal HD?
I suppose that depends whether VM were contractually bound to consult Universal to change the package on which the channel was available on the VM platform. VM might just have done this unilaterally.

---------- Post added at 12:46 ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felim_Doyle View Post
I wish I knew why they have taken the retrograde step of re-branding ITV1 as ITV thereby disassociating it from ITV2, ITV3 and ITV4.

Could it be that the others will also be renamed and possibly even sold off?

Sorry, I've probably missed a thread covering this very topic!
I believe that ITV have plans to convert ITV2, 3 and 4 into subscription channels eventually. It may be something to do with that.

Having said this, I can't see why they had to remove the '1' from their main channel. Seems fairly pointless to me. God knows what the cost of changing the logos was!
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2013, 16:33   #801
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I suppose that depends whether VM were contractually bound to consult Universal to change the package on which the channel was available on the VM platform. VM might just have done this unilaterally.

---------- Post added at 12:46 ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 ----------

I believe that ITV have plans to convert ITV2, 3 and 4 into subscription channels eventually. It may be something to do with that.

Having said this, I can't see why they had to remove the '1' from their main channel. Seems fairly pointless to me. God knows what the cost of changing the logos was!
Bit of a waste. Then again, I've never liked ITV's offerings - they've always been the worst of the terrestrial bunch.
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2013, 18:08   #802
jj20x

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Maybe when they hit the point where advertising revenue has declined to a level where subscription income would exceed FTA advertising income.

Maybe the name change is just to differentiate between ITV as a part of ITV Network Limited and the other channels, being ITV Digital Channels Ltd. Maybe they just did it to get everyone asking why they had changed the name and generate some free publicity...
Old 16-01-2013, 18:12   #803
Jameseh

ITV2 & 3 are the 6th & 7th biggest channels in the UK so I'd imagine they're doing pretty good from those two.
Old 16-01-2013, 21:23   #804
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

I prefer ITV 3 and 4 to the main channel to be honest. Really struggling with the logo watching the match tonight though.

---------- Post added at 20:23 ---------- Previous post was at 20:17 ----------

I'm intrigued by what's happening with Virgin - that's a lot of channels dropping down to lower tiers. Either xl is to become essentially the hd pack or something else is going on but I'm not sure I can immediately figure out what that is. What I do know is that I'm almost,but not quite, at the stage where I can access all of my favorite channels in the lower tiers, so I expect Virgin have something planned to make xl more attractive. The lower tiers are becoming excellent value.
andy_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2013, 21:30   #805
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_m View Post

[/COLOR]I'm intrigued by what's happening with Virgin - that's a lot of channels dropping down to lower tiers. Either xl is to become essentially the hd pack or something else is going on but I'm not sure I can immediately figure out what that is. What I do know is that I'm almost,but not quite, at the stage where I can access all of my favorite channels in the lower tiers, so I expect Virgin have something planned to make xl more attractive. The lower tiers are becoming excellent value.
Indeed Andy something is definitely going on with regards to the positioning of the XL pack and l think the next few months will reveal everything.
Old 17-01-2013, 09:39   #806
mutant_rabbit
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media XL, Freeview (Crystal Palace), DAB Radio
mutant_rabbit is an unknown quantity at this point

TCM HD on Channel 416
TCM2 on Channel 417
Cartoon Network HD on Channel 732

As reported on Digital Spy (http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showt...777311&page=27)
mutant_rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2013, 09:48   #807
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Indeed Andy something is definitely going on with regards to the positioning of the XL pack and l think the next few months will reveal everything.

How about all HD move upto XL & all " non" drop down . I would then drop down . On 32" tv HD is pointless. Never us them
Old 17-01-2013, 12:40   #808
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

As of Today (17/01/13):

NEW CHANNELS LAUNCHES:
-TCM HD has launch on the XL Package on Virgin Channel 416.
-TCM2 has launch on the M+, L and XL Packages on Virgin Channel 417.
-Cartoon Network HD has launch on the XL Package on Virgin Channel 732.

CHANNELS MOVING PACKAGES:
-TCM has move to the M+ Package on Virgin Channel 415.
-Film 4+1 has move to the M+ Package on Virgin Channel 430.
-Cartoon Network has move to the M+ Package on Virgin Channel 704.
-Boomerang has move to the M+ Package on Virgin Channel 730.
-Cartoon Network Too has move to the L Package on Virgin Channel 705.
Old 22-01-2013, 00:31   #809
Harryn9000
cf.geek

Services: Virgin 500MB BB , VM V6 x2, XL tv, Xl Phone Superhub 3
Harryn9000 is an unknown quantity at this point

has sky 007 been rebranded as my tivo boxes is showing it has back to sky showcase
Harryn9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2013, 16:25   #810
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

As of Today (22/01/13):

-Sky Movies 007 has been rebranded as Sky Movies Showcase on Virgin Channel 403.
-Sky Movies 007 HD has been rebranded as Sky Movies Showcase HD on Virgin Channel 433.