Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Whats is this Virgin Media Building For? - Papworth, Cambridgeshire

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Mega weird problem with my superhub

Old 21-02-2012, 01:12   #1
jimgors
Inactive

Services: Virgin TV M+ 30MB XL
jimgors is an unknown quantity at this point
Mega weird problem with my superhub

Recently got sent a new Superhub, as my old one made a rather frustrating high pitched whining sound, Which meant i couldn't leave it turned on.

With the new hub, whenever i have my laptop plugged into the wireless, or by ethernet in port 2, and download over 4mb/s, the router completely crashes.

Should i ask for another new one?
jimgors is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 21-02-2012, 01:20   #2
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
Re: Mega weird problem with my superhub

crashes? does the SH reboot or dkes it just stop functioning?

have you manually changed wifi channel to one that isnt in use?

download inssider onto a laptop. run the prog. note channels in use.. set your network to use a channel number that isnt in use.
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2012, 01:46   #3
jimgors
Inactive

The hub reboots yeah, will try this program

---------- Post added at 00:46 ---------- Previous post was at 00:22 ----------

changed channel didn't change anything the superhub just crashed :s
Old 21-02-2012, 01:49   #4
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

could you post your power levels?

connection tab on the advanced settings page.
Old 21-02-2012, 01:51   #5
jimgors
Inactive

Lock Status Modulation Channel ID Max Raw Bit Rate Frequency Power SNR Docsis/EuroDocsis locked
Locked QAM256 25 55616000 Kbits/sec 299000000 Hz -0.1 dBmV 40.7 dB Hybrid
Locked QAM256 26 55616000 Kbits/sec 307000000 Hz -0.4 dBmV 40.8 dB Hybrid
Locked QAM256 27 55616000 Kbits/sec 315000000 Hz -0.5 dBmV 40.0 dB Hybrid
Locked QAM256 28 55616000 Kbits/sec 323000000 Hz -1.1 dBmV 40.1 dB Hybrid

Lock Status Modulation Channel ID Max Raw Bit Rate Frequency Power
Locked ATDMA 8 20480 Kbits/sec 35800000 Hz 40.8 dBmV
Unlocked Unknown 0 0 Ksym/sec 0 Hz 0.0 dBmV
Old 21-02-2012, 01:54   #6
thenry
Inactive

have you toyed with services? ip flood etc.

have you tried changing the mode from 300 to 145 on the wireless settings page?
Old 21-02-2012, 02:01   #7
jimgors
Inactive

yeah, as i say it also happens with ethernet on the second port
Old 21-02-2012, 02:25   #8
thenry
Inactive

oh. call VM and get another 1 sent out. post your old 1 back using the pre paid sticker you shouldx get within the box.
Old 21-02-2012, 14:19   #9
Mick Fisher
Inactive

Services: Sky Unlimited FibrePro Sky Talk Sky+HD
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array

Don't waste your time trying to get the superhub to work. It's wireless is terminally sick.

Get yourself a proper wireless router, stick the useless superhub in modem mode and your problems will be over.
Mick Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2012, 14:40   #10
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick Fisher View Post
Don't waste your time trying to get the superhub to work. It's wireless is terminally sick.

Get yourself a proper wireless router, stick the useless superhub in modem mode and your problems will be over.
Not true at all. Los of people me included have not had a single issue with the Superhub or it's wireless functions.

I suggest requesting a replacement as the first port of call. Then if you still have problems, try modem mode and a seperate router.
Old 21-02-2012, 18:43   #11
Mick Fisher
Inactive

Services: Sky Unlimited FibrePro Sky Talk Sky+HD
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Not true at all. Los of people me included have not had a single issue with the Superhub or it's wireless functions.

I suggest requesting a replacement as the first port of call. Then if you still have problems, try modem mode and a seperate router.
Geez! The OP's already had two superhub's that were completely unuseable.

If you are very lucky you may find a superhub that works however you will find a proper wireless router plus modem mode is a certainty to work.

I gave the superhub every chance in all it's modes. I got the best service with 5ghz/300mbps mode however although I had the 5ghz band all to myself dropouts and reboots continued from several times a day to almost hourly.

Since going to modem mode with an asus rt-n16 router I have enjoyed continuous uptime with absolutely no problems.

I have never been a gambler and would go for the bird in the hand everytime.
Mick Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote