Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgins retention deals?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Other ISPs Discussion

Virgins retention deals?

Old 01-10-2016, 22:46   #1
AGray
Inactive

AGray is an unknown quantity at this point
Virgins retention deals?

I have been with Virgin for about 10-15 years now, prior to that some services were with Sky etc. Recently i received the letter which informed of further price increases which is obviously frustrating.

At the moment this is my current Virgin Media deal, which has two months remaining albeit i seem to be free to disconnect due to the price increase which i am looking into. My deal consists of:

Talk Unlimited, 2 additional TIVO boxes, Large TV, 100mb internet, line rental cost, the TIVO box charges plus V- box charge.

All in all, this comes in at a whopping £85 (I haven't checked my statements in a while - I am sure it was previously only £75!) but with this further price increase it's looking more like £88-90 per month, and for the content i'm getting that is incredibly bad.

I spoke to some friends in work this afternoon about it, and i was told that one of them had got an amazing Sky deal, and my other friend got the same deal, just for an increased amount - But still trumps Virgin Medias.

SkyQ, Sky Sports Package, Sky Cinema Package, HD Package, Multiroom (SkyQ) x2, 2tb Set top boxes each, Sky Fibre Unlimited, Sky Anytime phone, line rental. 12 month plan.

My first friend said they have agreed a deal for this which is £35pm, which is incredible and i don't know how he done it. The second friend got it for £75pm. Each of these comes with a £70 installation fee.

I spoke to Sky about it, and i agreed the same deal - Although for me it turns out i'll need to pay an installation fee of about £160 as they wouldn't give me the third SkyQ set top box free.

After this though i'll be paying £64pm which is incredible for all the content. The only downside is the internet speed, as i'll be getting anywhere from 30-50mb which isn't magnificent.

Has anyone had any luck with retention deals at all with Virgin Media?
AGray is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 02-10-2016, 10:00   #2
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
Re: Virgins retention deals?

Virgin dont seem to be able to match the skyQ deals for up to 2 boxes, Problem with sky Q is that your paying £160 to install a box you will never own
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 10:55   #3
wildfruit
cf.member

Services: M600, talk more anytime 2 x V6, sky cinema, Sky sports Maxit TV, kids pack, unlimited sim
wildfruit is an unknown quantity at this point

I called retentions 4 times to try and broker a deal before ordering sky. Got nowhere.
wildfruit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 13:11   #4
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

If a customer isn't profitable, why would they make an offer which will lose them money - like any business, without profit, there is no business.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 13:40   #5
AGray
Inactive

Aye, spoke to them and they said their comparitive deal would be £104 then rising to something like £120-30 after 9 months :|.
Old 02-10-2016, 16:19   #6
AGray
Inactive

Well i just called through to Virgin again to give my notice, as i have now agreed a deal with Sky (As per above) - Instead of the £74 per month though they knocked it down to £62pm, even better.

Virgin offered me a more interesting retention deal now - 200mb, Full TV, Sport SD, Movies HD, Weekend phone for £85pm over 9 months with a £50 credit on first bill. I don't know why they can't offer it over 12 month, sounds incredibly painful having to re-do it.

Alas over the 12 months it works out at around £81, in comparison to the Sky deal which is £62 but with the £160 broken down it comes to around £75pm. I asked about the TIVO 2 box (As the current TIVO are cack) but i got no answer, so i'm at least future proofing myself with Sky
Old 02-10-2016, 19:24   #7
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGray View Post
Well i just called through to Virgin again to give my notice, as i have now agreed a deal with Sky (As per above) - Instead of the £74 per month though they knocked it down to £62pm, even better.

Virgin offered me a more interesting retention deal now - 200mb, Full TV, Sport SD, Movies HD, Weekend phone for £85pm over 9 months with a £50 credit on first bill. I don't know why they can't offer it over 12 month, sounds incredibly painful having to re-do it.

Alas over the 12 months it works out at around £81, in comparison to the Sky deal which is £62 but with the £160 broken down it comes to around £75pm. I asked about the TIVO 2 box (As the current TIVO are cack) but i got no answer, so i'm at least future proofing myself with Sky
But once your sky contract is up they might offer you a poor deal and you will have to hand your boxes back that you paid £160 to get
Old 03-10-2016, 15:38   #8
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
If a customer isn't profitable, why would they make an offer which will lose them money - like any business, without profit, there is no business.
You'd have thought, but evidence repeatedly indicates that periodically the customer relations team can do as they please. We hear every so often about what they can do being restricted then either the business panics over churn figures or the agents have another option available to get their commission and it's game on again.
Ignitionnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2016, 00:39   #9
AGray
Inactive

Well as an update to this, Virgin Media's outbound team finally called me on Tuesday, i told them the following deal from Sky (Fibre 50mb, SkyQ 2tb + 2 Mini, Anytime Phone, Full TV, Sports HD, Cinema HD, £65pm 12 months).

I called the inbound retention team who offered the previous uncompetitive deal (200mb, Full TV, Sport SD, Cinema SD, weekend calls, £50 credit on first month bill, 9month discount before £130+ - £85pm) which i declined and opted to give my 30 day notice...

The outbound team phoned, they called my landline and i explained the predicament that i wanted to stay on Virgin, but their deal was poor. They said being the outbound only team they can offer much better deals. I listened closely...

They offered 70mb, Full TV, BT Sport, Sport SD, Cinema SD, Allday phone £72pm for 12 months. It was a decent deal but still not good enough compared to Sky, so i said i'd consider it but for them to call me the day after (Since i couldn't call them...) i didn't get a call, so i got the frontline retention team to send a message for them to call me today.

They called, and said the deal was actually £81pm and not £72 and denied it. I questioned how i got a different number, considering that is in no way competitive to Sky, so i left it at that :|. Sky coming next Tuesday so guess that is the end of that :|
Old 22-10-2016, 08:26   #10
jb66
cf.mega poster

Suprised they called. If they knew the deal you were moving to was the sky deal it was a waste of time for both parties
Old 25-10-2016, 16:47   #11
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGray View Post
Well as an update to this, Virgin Media's outbound team finally called me on Tuesday, i told them the following deal from Sky (Fibre 50mb, SkyQ 2tb + 2 Mini, Anytime Phone, Full TV, Sports HD, Cinema HD, £65pm 12 months).

I called the inbound retention team who offered the previous uncompetitive deal (200mb, Full TV, Sport SD, Cinema SD, weekend calls, £50 credit on first month bill, 9month discount before £130+ - £85pm) which i declined and opted to give my 30 day notice...

The outbound team phoned, they called my landline and i explained the predicament that i wanted to stay on Virgin, but their deal was poor. They said being the outbound only team they can offer much better deals. I listened closely...

They offered 70mb, Full TV, BT Sport, Sport SD, Cinema SD, Allday phone £72pm for 12 months. It was a decent deal but still not good enough compared to Sky, so i said i'd consider it but for them to call me the day after (Since i couldn't call them...) i didn't get a call, so i got the frontline retention team to send a message for them to call me today.

They called, and said the deal was actually £81pm and not £72 and denied it. I questioned how i got a different number, considering that is in no way competitive to Sky, so i left it at that :|. Sky coming next Tuesday so guess that is the end of that :|
Just a tip as there is confusion over prices between you and VM, if ever you contact a company again whether VM, BT, EDF, T-Mobile whoever, and get offered a price, ask them to pop that on a quick email to you. Review it with them still on the phone and if you agree, respond to the email saying you take that price. All in writing, no confusion....
Old 07-11-2016, 19:40   #12
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

I take it if you want to remove a service (landline in my case) it can only be done over the phone tried the live chat and they said they can't do it

Guess it's so they can try and give you a deal to keep it
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote