Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Old 17-10-2016, 11:10   #6691
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by telegramsam View Post
Yes but I`d be more impressed if they put this channel on Freeview like BT do,although I admit BT`s freeview channel is hardly ever showing any actual action.
They already have a channel on Freeview they could put a set Sport on if they wished it's called Pick TV. I very much doubt you'll ever see Sky Sports Mix on Freeview why would Sky want to enhance Freeview even further.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 17-10-2016, 11:22   #6692
telegramsam
telegramsam

Services: Sky Q,Multiscreen, Sky phone line, Sky broadband,Free view.
telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
They already have a channel on Freeview they could put a set Sport on if they wished it's called Pick TV. I very much doubt you'll ever see Sky Sports Mix on Freeview why would Sky want to enhance Freeview even further.
Yes I know what your`e saying and Sky being the greedy,money grasping animal they are wont ever put sky sports mix on freeview. They change the name of sky 3 to Pick so as not to help make freeview look more attractive,even though every Tom,Dick and Harry know it`s` a sky channel!
telegramsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2016, 11:45   #6693
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by telegramsam View Post
Yes I know what your`e saying and Sky being the greedy,money grasping animal they are wont ever put sky sports mix on freeview.
Because commercially it makes no sense whatsoever. All pay tv companies will push subscription increases as far as they can to maximise profits , in my opinion Sky are now finding this problematic just look at the amount of people they are having to offer half price premiums to just to temp them.

This is why in my opinion we'll see a shakeup in the make up of tv bundles , put simply in my opinion the Premier league rights are impacting on Sky whether they say so or not.
Old 17-10-2016, 15:08   #6694
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Because commercially it makes no sense whatsoever. All pay tv companies will push subscription increases as far as they can to maximise profits , in my opinion Sky are now finding this problematic just look at the amount of people they are having to offer half price premiums to just to temp them.

This is why in my opinion we'll see a shakeup in the make up of tv bundles , put simply in my opinion the Premier league rights are impacting on Sky whether they say so or not.
Even VM are now offering excellent deals to existing customers , I certainly got a great deal, I am now paying less than I did five years ago for the same package.
alwaysabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2016, 18:27   #6695
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:

They could also use this as a showcase channel to encourage Freeview audiences to subscribe to Sky.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2016, 19:53   #6696
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
They could also use this as a showcase channel to encourage Freeview audiences to subscribe to Sky.
It's used to enhance the pay TV packages on both Sky and Virgin Media , I'm not sure putting Sport on Freeview every day would be beneficial in the way you suggest.
Old 17-10-2016, 23:50   #6697
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Shocker for Sky as football fans turn off with 19 per cent drop in viewing figures for live Premier League games.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/art...gue-games.html
Old 18-10-2016, 06:54   #6698
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

l think the best time to judge things is in a few months MM.
Old 18-10-2016, 10:30   #6699
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
l think the best time to judge things is in a few months MM.
Why in a few months haven't Sky already shown enough big games? It's yet more proof people are getting fed up with the ever increasing costs of Pay TV.
Old 18-10-2016, 12:17   #6700
trickytree
cf.addict

Services: VVIP500
trickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about them

I have Sky Sports for the Championship and the cricket.
If you were 2 take your average mid table Championship game and the same for the Premier League for a neutral the Championship would be more exciting.
The Premier League has become pretty boring with the Championship having more goals and just end to end action.

I used to watch any Premier League game I could but take last night as an example Liverpool v Man Utd (2 powerhouses of the league of you believe the hype) completely dull 0-0.
Forest v Cardiff on Friday night tune in and I guarantee more entertaining.
trickytree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2016, 13:47   #6701
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Why in a few months haven't Sky already shown enough big games? It's yet more proof people are getting fed up with the ever increasing costs of Pay TV.
Would be interesting to see if other sports viewing figures have dipped too or is it simply Premiership football that's effected. 19% drop in viewers doesn't necessarily mean a 19% drop in subscribers. There has been a lot of poor fixtures on SKY and I'm not a big fan of the presentation of Friday Night football. More big games packaged and presented properly might help boost viewing figures?
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2016, 14:00   #6702
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
19% drop in viewers doesn't necessarily mean a 19% drop in subscribers.
Agreed but look how many people are being offered discounts for Sports , if everything was as expected would they need to offer these? In my opinion some of the drop can be attributed to people cancelling

Last edited by muppetman11; 18-10-2016 at 14:04.
Old 18-10-2016, 14:47   #6703
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
l think we need far more prolonged figures before we can say Sky's customer base is on a downhill spiral MM.
Old 18-10-2016, 15:33   #6704
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickytree View Post
I have Sky Sports for the Championship and the cricket.
If you were 2 take your average mid table Championship game and the same for the Premier League for a neutral the Championship would be more exciting.
The Premier League has become pretty boring with the Championship having more goals and just end to end action.

I used to watch any Premier League game I could but take last night as an example Liverpool v Man Utd (2 powerhouses of the league of you believe the hype) completely dull 0-0.
Forest v Cardiff on Friday night tune in and I guarantee more entertaining.
I have Sky sports primarily for American football, but I do watch quite a bit of football. American football has definitely been more exciting than the Premier league games shown over the weekend and this season in general.
alwaysabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2016, 15:58   #6705
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Well, when they start leaving in droves, Sky will get the message and both sports bids and subscription prices will fall.

I'm afraid that as long as people are prepared to pay stupid prices for football, Sky will be encouraged to keep their prices sky high.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote