Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Awkward problem with extension :(

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Fixed Phone Service

Phone line dead,Street Cabinet open,Phantom numbers on my bill

Old 23-10-2011, 22:14   #1
m419
Inactive

Services: BT Broadband,BT Anytime calls,Sky entertainment extra HD,Vodafone pay monthly
m419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quads
Phone line dead,Street Cabinet open,Phantom numbers on my bill

Ok, well my phone line has mysteriously gone dead all of a sudden again, last time it went dead it was busy everytime you called it but this time it just rings and rings. On both occasions, i've noticed phantom numbers on my bill and on both occasions the street cabinet outside has been left open.

They are not expensive but they are numbers that I never call! and considering I live alone now with no one able to gain access to the property it leads me to believe that something strange is going on.

The neighbours line is working, since i've moved to this part of the area, the problem has arose, never had problems like this for such a long time.
m419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 25-10-2011, 19:29   #2
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Re: Phone line dead,Street Cabinet open,Phantom numbers on my bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by m419 View Post
Ok, well my phone line has mysteriously gone dead all of a sudden again, last time it went dead it was busy everytime you called it but this time it just rings and rings. On both occasions, i've noticed phantom numbers on my bill and on both occasions the street cabinet outside has been left open.

They are not expensive but they are numbers that I never call! and considering I live alone now with no one able to gain access to the property it leads me to believe that something strange is going on.

The neighbours line is working, since i've moved to this part of the area, the problem has arose, never had problems like this for such a long time.
First thing you need to do is speak to Customer Care 0845 454 1111 and ask for a Toll Enquiry on the line, then call faults and book a tech to repair your line. The service tech should be able to see if your line has been tampered with in the street cab.
Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2011, 21:27   #3
m419
Inactive

Services: BT Broadband,BT Anytime calls,Sky entertainment extra HD,Vodafone pay monthly
m419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quads
Re: Phone line dead,Street Cabinet open,Phantom numbers on my bill

They've been out and the in-house Virgin Media engineer explained it was to do with shabby work carried out by Kelly Communications, to save time fixing someone elses line, pulled out the connection at both the street cabinet and the cabinet on the roof, as it is a council block he wasn't able to gain access to the roof because he needed the special key and at the time neither me or the engineer could reach anyone that had the key! So they are coming again next week to sort out the cabinet on the roof.

The cabinet in the street, he locked it properly. So now I know who keeps leaving them open around the area, kelly communications.

Once it has been reconnected I will write to Virgin Media to request a refund with the list of telephone numbers. The weird thing is, they are mostly 0844,0843 and 0871 numbers and are all just cost under £1 each. You'd think that a scammer would ring 070 or 09 numbers and when you ring these numbers, they are not recognised on my mobile.
m419 is offline   Reply With Quote