Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Ps3 folder management

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Sony Games Systems

PS3 Slim HDMI woes

Old 25-09-2009, 22:12   #1
Ravenheart
Inactive

Ravenheart has a bronzed appealRavenheart has a bronzed appeal
Ravenheart has a bronzed appealRavenheart has a bronzed appealRavenheart has a bronzed appeal
PS3 Slim HDMI woes

Hi Folks,

I traded my dust covered Wii and DS Lite in yesterday for a PS3 Slim, At first I had it on the component connection.

Today I picked a HDMI cable and have been trying all afternoon to get the thing working without any luck. I've scoured the net for things to try attempted them all without success.

I just get a black screen then after a while a no signal detected box appears on the TV. It knows something is connected to the HDMI port as it changes colour in the tv settings.

I don't have any other HDMI stuff to try to see if it's the cable.

Anyone got any other things I might be able to try. Oh the telly is a Samsung LE32R87BD in case that helps.

Thanks in advance

Jo.
(currently addicted to playing Burnout Paradise online with her friends.. mmm bikes )
Ravenheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 25-09-2009, 22:17   #2
Reedy
Inactive

Reedy is just really niceReedy is just really niceReedy is just really niceReedy is just really niceReedy is just really niceReedy is just really nice
Re: PS3 Slim HDMI woes

I'm sure there's a HDMI output setting in the PS3s settings menu. But don't quote me on that.
Reedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2009, 22:21   #3
Graham M
-

Services: FreeSat+ Tivo V-Box VM 60MBit
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Graham M Send a message via Yahoo to Graham M

You need to reset it to change it between graphics outputs have you done that yet?
Graham M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2009, 22:34   #4
Ravenheart
Inactive

Ravenheart has a bronzed appealRavenheart has a bronzed appealRavenheart has a bronzed appeal

Thanx for the prompt replies

Reedy - Aye there is under Display settings, this is where it throws a wobbly for me :P

Graham - I've done the 5 second cycle thing listed on the Sony site, if that's what you mean. Didn't seem to help, unless I've gone wrong somewhere.

The standard display is good, and really enjoying the ps3 so far , just wish i go go up to the next level
Old 25-09-2009, 22:36   #5
Graham M
-

Services: FreeSat+ Tivo V-Box VM 60MBit
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Graham M Send a message via Yahoo to Graham M

and you got the second beep and still nothing?
Graham M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2009, 22:39   #6
Ravenheart
Inactive

Aye, 2nd beep and nothing.

I'll give it another go though... I'm not letting a damn cable beat me
Old 26-09-2009, 14:13   #7
RealDiamond
Inactive

Services: Free^60meg No, Free^30meg Yes, TV M, Phone M. Running Kubuntu 12.04+Chromium Browser On Free laptop
RealDiamond is just really niceRealDiamond is just really niceRealDiamond is just really niceRealDiamond is just really niceRealDiamond is just really niceRealDiamond is just really nice

just remember to set the resolution selections manually
Your TV is only 720p. detick the 1080p and 1080i again.
Component does not do 1080p even if you tick it, DVI connection does.
RealDiamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2009, 00:54   #8
Ravenheart
Inactive

Well got a 1.3b HDMI cable today and that hasn't cured the problem.

Friend is dropping round tomorrow with her PS3 Phat and HDMI lead see if we can find the cause

Tried everything listed on all the forums and still i get a "no Signal" message on the TV.

Thanks for all your suggestions folks

I'll keep trying (if I can put batman down for half an hour)
Old 27-09-2009, 14:36   #9
ThunderPants73
cf.mega poster

Services: BB & PHONE
ThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond repute

You need to go into the Display menu on the PS3 and change to HDMI output, THEN DON'T FORGET TO GO TO YOUR TV MENU AND SELECT THE HDMI CHANNEL, because if you are still on the scart channel on your tv, you won't see anything. Thats been my experience anyway.

---------- Post added at 13:36 ---------- Previous post was at 13:35 ----------

Ooooh, I'm currently hooked on Batman too. Cool.
ThunderPants73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2009, 16:05   #10
Ravenheart
Inactive

I've tried everything TP73, to no avail I'm wondering if it's the Slim, and I only got it on Thursday, there's a few posts on the PS3 forum of people having similar probs with HDMI.

Friend is bringing Ps3 phat over later (once she up after her night shift) and some known working HDMI leads, see if we can sort it by process of elimination. Miss Marple would be proud

I only started Batman last night, really enjoyed it so far.
Old 27-09-2009, 23:30   #11
Ravenheart
Inactive

Update

friend brought her PS3 Phat round, connected to hdmi no problem in seconds looks so much nicer in Hi def (makes my rez look like the Wii in comparison)

As it's not even a week old I'm gonna take it back to the shop and get them to check it out and have a replacement
Old 28-09-2009, 00:00   #12
SB_07
Inactive

Services: V+ XL/20MB BB.
SB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenheart View Post
Update

friend brought her PS3 Phat round, connected to hdmi no problem in seconds looks so much nicer in Hi def (makes my rez look like the Wii in comparison)

As it's not even a week old I'm gonna take it back to the shop and get them to check it out and have a replacement
You should be able to get a straight swap.
SB_07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2009, 14:25   #13
Ravenheart
Inactive

Update

Just back from Gamestation, with a new PS3 (straight swap), and I have hi Def

Thanks folks for trying to help sort the problem.
Old 28-09-2009, 20:47   #14
ThunderPants73
cf.mega poster

Services: BB & PHONE
ThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond repute

Nice one Ravenheart, glad you got it sorted. x
ThunderPants73 is offline   Reply With Quote