Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | FragFX

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Sony Games Systems
Register FAQ Community Calendar

FragFX

Old 31-12-2009, 14:56   #1
Bulky
Inactive

Bulky has reached the bronze age
FragFX

Apologies if you have already read this in the MW2 thread but having used it for a while now i thought it deserved a thread of its own

Been using the Fragfxv2 since chrismas day now for playing MW2 and would highly recommend it if you are more used to using a pc setup for shooters, after getting over the initial "its a bit plasticy and buttons a bit clunky" the improvement in my game is huge , can aim MUCH quicker , turn around much quicker and get multiple kills much easier.

I had a few gripes with the 'nunchuck' at first and had to swap 'aim' for the right mouse button , once that was done there was very little learning curve , the only other problem being where the dpad is which can be a little hard to reach, but again , once used to it there is no problem.

Yes some may regard it as cheating ...... but no-one has to know right

IGN review : http://uk.gear.ign.com/articles/799/799262p1.html
Old 31-12-2009, 15:28   #2
zing_deleted

Re: FragFX

how much is it? what do you rest the mouse on?

---------- Post added at 15:27 ---------- Previous post was at 15:25 ----------

do you have the V2 amazon has?

---------- Post added at 15:28 ---------- Previous post was at 15:27 ----------

can you use left mouse button to fire? lol lots of questions I am interested but can see this getting expensive lol
Old 31-12-2009, 15:39   #3
Bulky
Inactive

yeah my brother got it me from amazon , this one

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&k...l_8ofnrsi18r_b

yes , you can use the left mouse button to shoot thats what i use , the software which you download lets you remap most buttons , I swapped L1 for right mouse button (R2 i think) , i now use grenades on the 'nun chuck' and aim and shoot on the mouse which also has buttons by your thumb for re-load , mele , swap weapon which you soon get used to .

setting the sensitivity takes a while to get it to your playing style , i have sensitivity on 'insane' in game and on the nunchuck (which can be set throughout game) i have it set between 3-4 , there is also a frag button which is apparantly good for sniping but haven't used it at all yet .
Old 31-12-2009, 15:48   #4
zing_deleted

is the nunchuck swing two ways? ie swing left to melee and right for nade or is it just one?
Old 31-12-2009, 17:16   #5
Bulky
Inactive

The nunchuck has shoulder buttons just like the ps3 controller . That is what I use . However the sixaxis can be set to do functions also but not used it myself so not sure . . .

Forgot to answer about what I put the mouse on . I either pull up a table or put it on a telephone directory with mousemat on top .

---------- Post added at 17:16 ---------- Previous post was at 16:17 ----------

There is also a wireless version from a different developer which has been regarded highly ,
http://www.limexb360.co.uk/product/F...r_PS3_Fstein01
Old 07-01-2010, 23:03   #6
zing_deleted

have you seen the frag sfx pro?

http://www.splitfish.com/

loads more buttons on the nuchuck.

I would want to do most stuff like nade/ go prone /mellee/sprint/jump/crouch on that and just use the mouse to aim/ fire and fire with ironsights
Old 08-01-2010, 07:51   #7
Bulky
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by zing View Post
have you seen the frag sfx pro?

http://www.splitfish.com/

loads more buttons on the nuchuck.

I would want to do most stuff like nade/ go prone /mellee/sprint/jump/crouch on that and just use the mouse to aim/ fire and fire with ironsights
Looks the same to me , just moved the d-pad and the select and ps button , the same amount of buttons still on the mouse by the looks of it , does have a proper mouse wheel rather than a button though.

edit : just had another look at splitfish site , think you may be confusing the FRAG Pro with the EVOLUTION pro the EVOpro is used for Role playing games i think , its two hand held controllers with no mouse.

I have been improving steadily over christmas my k/d ratio on mw2 has risen from 1.29 to 1.68 since using the fragfx , as stupid as they look the buttons on the mouse become second nature , i have also mapped the sixaxis on the nunchuck so when i shake it i mele , works well apart from the odd accident mele due to me throwing my hand about too much.
Old 14-01-2010, 23:32   #8
zing_deleted

No there is the Frag FX v2 there is the dual evolution and there is the Dual SFX frag pro which has an extra controller on the nunchuck and a proper mouse wheel

http://www.splitfish.com/fragFXpro_ComChart.pdf see here
Old 19-04-2010, 16:56   #9
STONEISLAND
Inactive

Services: V + HD V Telephone V Cable 20MB
STONEISLAND has reached the bronze age
STONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze age

This is what spoils MW2 for me at the moment massive advantage and very unfair. I can spot mouse and keyboard players a mile of and I end up losing my temper and turning it of.

If you want to play FPS with mouse and keyboard use your PC and not PS3.

Over and out!
STONEISLAND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2010, 16:57   #10
zing_deleted

or you could buy a fragfx lol
Old 19-04-2010, 21:53   #11
Bulky
Inactive

i agree , mouse and keyboard is definately a pc thing , frag fx however is much more useful on the ps3
Old 19-04-2010, 22:47   #12
icestar2
Inactive

Services: Phone, HDTV, 30MB BB, Tivo
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal

If I spent enough time playing FPS games on my PS3 then I would probably end up investing in something like this. ATM I prefair to keep my FPS on the PC were I still beleive it belongs.
icestar2 is offline   Reply With Quote