Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media Complaints

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Virgin Media Complaints

Old 28-01-2008, 22:14   #1
Welshchris
Permanently Banned

Services: 50mb Cable, L TV and Phone XL.
Welshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful one
Virgin Media Complaints

Does anyone know what address you need to write to in order to make a written complaint to Virgin Media?
Welshchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 28-01-2008, 22:18   #2
on in an hour!
Inactive

Location: looking at a nice new scar in the tarmac outside my house!
Services: staff deal
on in an hour! has reached the bronze age
on in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze age
Re: Virgin Media Complaints

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshchris View Post
Does anyone know what address you need to write to in order to make a written complaint to Virgin Media?
virgin media (no-one cares dept),
No 0,a street youll never find,
couldnt give a shitville,
its your p.c.
CR1 AP.
there you go,first class should get it there by weds!!!
on in an hour! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2008, 22:35   #3
hopester
Inactive

hopester is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Re: Virgin Media Complaints

Customer Concern
Virgin Media
Matrix Court
Llansamlet
Swansea
SA7 9BB

They actually reply as well (well they did in my case within 4 days). Got 3 months XL at half price due to oversubscription in my area as its not planned to be fixed until April.

hopester
hopester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2008, 22:50   #4
eddcase

Quote:
I know you're less than pleased with Virgin Media Welshchris but could I make a suggestion? If you are about to write to Virgin, keep it factual, honest and reasonable so that you at least allow them a chance to address your issues. If you go in all guns blazing, it won't help your cause and you could end up giving up on cable when it holds the best internet option for the future.

My contact with Virgin has been fine (I am not an employee, I am not on a retainer and I am not trying to goad anyone) so my experience is if they can, they will sort things out for you.

Btw, the people you are about to write to in Wales could be your drinking buddies lol
Old 28-01-2008, 23:47   #5
Welshchris
Permanently Banned

Services: 50mb Cable, L TV and Phone XL.
Welshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopester View Post
Customer Concern
Virgin Media
Matrix Court
Llansamlet
Swansea
SA7 9BB

They actually reply as well (well they did in my case within 4 days). Got 3 months XL at half price due to oversubscription in my area as its not planned to be fixed until April.

hopester
i live in Swansea and they have told me about over subscription BUT!!....

I have been told first off that the network is due to be upgraded by end of March.... Then today i was told the server i was on wasnt on the planned upgrade so they have to make arrangements to get that upgraded where and when they dont know.

I was getting 3.8mb on 20mb and downloads of 210k and was told its best to downgrade, i downgraded to 4mb and now im getting 2.7mb and downloads of 112k its really bad

---------- Post added at 22:47 ---------- Previous post was at 22:03 ----------

Letter i just wrote...

Dear Sir/Madam,
I am writing this letter to complain about the appalling service that I have been getting from your internet service since the end of November 2007.

The problem as I have stated started at the end of November last year, I was on the 20mb broadband and I was getting very slow connection speeds as well as page timeouts and tediously slow download speeds, as low as 110kb/s even on the websites the Virgin media technicians told me to try and said I should be getting above 2mb/s downloads. I contacted and spoke twice to broadband support and didn’t get any satisfaction with them and I then put in a complaint with the ISPA and I was contacted by a staff member at the head office and after a few days he informed me that there was over subscription on the network and network relief was due for December 11th and this should solve the problem. I then had a technician out and he changed my modem because I was getting complete signal loss and from around December the 12th until January 13th my service returned to normal. On Sunday the 13th I started once again to get page time outs and loss of service for sometimes upto an hour at a time, also my connection speed which should have been close to 20mb was usually 3.8mb at all times but getting lower to around 1.1mb in the early hours of some mornings. I again contacted technical support and again got nowhere and again I contacted the ISPA and once again was contacted by the same staff member and I was told that there was no over subscription in my area and would hand the fault over to the network engineers. He informed me that it would be best to lower my package to 4mb but also advised me if I was to do this I would lose the special price I was getting it for saving me £12 a month and I said that I thought that was unfair seeing that the problem isn’t with me and I said that I am very disappointed with the level of service i’m getting and if Virgin Media cant supply me with the service that I require I will have no other alternative than to look elsewhere, at which point he became very annoyed and basically told me that if the technicians couldn’t sort it ALL of my services would be cancelled at the CEO level, I then asked if I would be contacted before services are cancelled and he ignored my question said he was going to contact the network technicians and basically said goodbye and that was the last time that I spoke to him.

The following day another gentleman contacted me from the offices which you are based which I don’t have a name and he spoke to me and he told me that there was no over subscription on any of the servers in my area and a technician would have to call once again, I explained that a technician had called and couldn’t find a problem and he said that they would have to check the wiring. The Technician called out on Friday 25th and said all my wiring and signal was fine but couldn’t get over why my internet was so slow, he was a witness to the fact that I was getting below 4mb only and he said that he would have to pass it onto the network guys and I would be contacted.

On the morning of the 28th I was contacted by a gentleman that stated there is over subscription in my area and network relief isn’t due to be done until end of March which I think is totally out of order if I have to wait for so long to get a decent service. Then when I was out I was contacted again by another engineer to say that the server in which I am wasn’t due for upgrade in the time that he said the servers were going to be upgraded and now has to get permission for the server to get relief and didn’t tell me where or when, and to be honest i’m getting rather annoyed by being lied to and told one thing after another and then them changing the story to something completely different.

What I basically want to know is, when am I going to be returned to a decent level of service for my broadband which I can reliably download at the 4mb speeds not under the 100k which I am currently getting, also when is the network relief going to be done, why did I have to forfeit the special price I was paying when I downgraded even though it was your fault and also what kind of compensation am I going to be getting for such a total unreliable service which I have paid good money to get a reliable and fast service.
Welshchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 10:44   #6
Lipstick
Inactive

Lipstick is an unknown quantity at this point

A quicker way is to email neil.berkett@virginmedia.co.uk he's the CEO but he'll pass you straight on to this person [Removed] she's a resolutions manager and quite helpful.

She's dealing with my sisters complaint as virgin have left her with service for over a week now due to dodgy wiring!
Lipstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 19:39   #7
alba1314
Inactive

alba1314 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Virgin Media Complaints

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lipstick View Post
A quicker way is to email neil.berkett@virginmedia.co.uk he's the CEO but he'll pass you straight on to this person [Removed] she's a resolutions manager and quite helpful.

She's dealing with my sisters complaint as virgin have left her with service for over a week now due to dodgy wiring!
Thanks to Lipstick and the advice to mail Neil Berkett, I have had a couple of calls today from one of his colleagues at Virgin Media which has helped to resolve 1 of 2 problems that I have been experiencing since June of last year.

The VM representative was most helpful and very concerned about what has been happening to me and acted within 12 hours of me mailing Mr Berkett. For once a 5 ***** performance.

The second issue is a little trickier to resolve, but I now have faith and assurances that it can be resolved SOON. I have been beating my head against a wall for so long trying to get somewhere with multitudes of phone calls through VM's automated system that I have been left physically drained and ill.

Again, my thanks to Lipstick for the help and advice.
alba1314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2011, 18:24   #8
Mike3616
Inactive

Mike3616 is an unknown quantity at this point

Corporate Giant laughs all the way to the bank!
Options
on 14-01-2011 16:54

I'm a patient guy but even I have got to the end of my tether with VM! My experience with VM "customer care " goes from the laughable to the unbelievable! I have been a VM customer for over 12 years (!), I can't say it has been a smooth road because it never has but the last 6 months have been just INCREDIBLE! The first serious mess was when VM took over NTLworld.com a few years back. I'd had an email account with NTL for 9 years and had absolutely no problems with them at all. That soon changed when VM came along! Suddenly I could not access my NTL account, I had years worth of files etc I had carefully stored plus passwords, accesses and so on. I called VM on 150 to resolve the problems and was passed to and fro until I gave up. Months later they did get my NTL account back up and running with every scrap of saved data deleted!

There were many occasions when the Internet wireless failed, then failed again, I phoned them (it was becoming a full-time occupation) firstly they refused to help due to the wireless router being D-Link. I must say here I was picking up a working knowledge of the Hindi language, which is essential if you want to understand anything VM's "Customer Service" people are saying! That said I was on the phone to them after dialling 150 on my VM landline and the guy was soooo helpful (it turned out that somehow I'd been patched through to BT)!! Eventually, about 6 months ago they sent me a hub and guess what, followed the instructions and it still didn't work!

Then it went from the ridiculous to the incredible! I am disabled and completely deaf and use the phone very rarely through the TypeTalk service. For the last 3 years my calls have been between £5 and £8 per month. Then suddenly my calls went up to £55+/month! I complained and was sent round in circles until eventually someone decided it was a ridiculous amount to charge a man who virtually never uses the phone! The following month was the same. I asked for an itemised bill, they tried charging me £2.50 on top of the fifty odd quid I didn't owe! It just went on and on each month.

Now the truth is I had free evening and weekend calls and spend most week days away from home. There is absolutely NO WAY those calls came from my phone! When I was fobbed off and sent round and and round eventually VM told me it could be investigated but if it 'was found those calls DID come from my phone I would be charged £250 for the investigation!' By this time I'd had enough (yes, even me!) I closed my account and went to Sky, replacing everything VM had provided for 13 years. Now they have set Moorcroft Debt on me to retrieve money I don't owe them!

Isn't there some kind of independent policing for corporate giants like these who don't give a hoot for the average customer?
Mike3616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2011, 18:39   #9
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

A revival of an old thread! Get on to Moorcroft and tell them you don't owe the money and ask them for the ruling from the small claims court which says you do. (they won't have one).

They have no power to take anything from you but rely on bully boy tactics to get you to pay.

Threaten to report them for harassment.

Contact the CEO's office (email is in an above post) and explain to them and ask them to investigate for you.

Although you may have good reason to be outraged at your treatment be polite and concise, you may be surprised at the outcome.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2011, 18:40   #10
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike3616 View Post
Corporate Giant laughs all the way to the bank!
Options
on 14-01-2011 16:54

I'm a patient guy but even I have got to the end of my tether with VM! My experience with VM "customer care " goes from the laughable to the unbelievable! I have been a VM customer for over 12 years (!), I can't say it has been a smooth road because it never has but the last 6 months have been just INCREDIBLE! The first serious mess was when VM took over NTLworld.com a few years back. I'd had an email account with NTL for 9 years and had absolutely no problems with them at all. That soon changed when VM came along! Suddenly I could not access my NTL account, I had years worth of files etc I had carefully stored plus passwords, accesses and so on. I called VM on 150 to resolve the problems and was passed to and fro until I gave up. Months later they did get my NTL account back up and running with every scrap of saved data deleted!

There were many occasions when the Internet wireless failed, then failed again, I phoned them (it was becoming a full-time occupation) firstly they refused to help due to the wireless router being D-Link. I must say here I was picking up a working knowledge of the Hindi language, which is essential if you want to understand anything VM's "Customer Service" people are saying! That said I was on the phone to them after dialling 150 on my VM landline and the guy was soooo helpful (it turned out that somehow I'd been patched through to BT)!! Eventually, about 6 months ago they sent me a hub and guess what, followed the instructions and it still didn't work!

Then it went from the ridiculous to the incredible! I am disabled and completely deaf and use the phone very rarely through the TypeTalk service. For the last 3 years my calls have been between £5 and £8 per month. Then suddenly my calls went up to £55+/month! I complained and was sent round in circles until eventually someone decided it was a ridiculous amount to charge a man who virtually never uses the phone! The following month was the same. I asked for an itemised bill, they tried charging me £2.50 on top of the fifty odd quid I didn't owe! It just went on and on each month.

Now the truth is I had free evening and weekend calls and spend most week days away from home. There is absolutely NO WAY those calls came from my phone! When I was fobbed off and sent round and and round eventually VM told me it could be investigated but if it 'was found those calls DID come from my phone I would be charged £250 for the investigation!' By this time I'd had enough (yes, even me!) I closed my account and went to Sky, replacing everything VM had provided for 13 years. Now they have set Moorcroft Debt on me to retrieve money I don't owe them!

Isn't there some kind of independent policing for corporate giants like these who don't give a hoot for the average customer?
Send an email to the CEO's office addressed to Neil Berkett in plain language outlining all that you have said above especially the part about your disability and wait for a response from a member of his team.

email neil.berkett@virginmedia.co.uk this email address is in the public domain and freely available.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2011, 22:33   #11
whizzard
Inactive

Services: VM TiVo & V+ XL TV / XL Telephone / XL 30Mb Broadband with Super Hub
whizzard is a name known to allwhizzard is a name known to allwhizzard is a name known to allwhizzard is a name known to allwhizzard is a name known to allwhizzard is a name known to allwhizzard is a name known to allwhizzard is a name known to all

Quote:
i live in Swansea and they have told me about over subscription BUT!!....

I have been told first off that the network is due to be upgraded by end of March.... Then today i was told the server i was on wasnt on the planned upgrade so they have to make arrangements to get that upgraded where and when they dont know.
What server are you on?
whizzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2011, 22:34   #12
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

You do realise his post was 3 years ago

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2011, 00:16   #13
Harryn9000
cf.geek

Services: Virgin 500MB BB , VM V6 x2, XL tv, Xl Phone Superhub 3
Harryn9000 is an unknown quantity at this point

u make a complaint of false advertising for 50mb connection u supposed to free wireless dongle i rang up to get my i got charged 30 quid for one that i'm suppose to get for free.
Harryn9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2011, 00:20   #14
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Have you checked you bill to see if the charge was credited back to you? have you been in touch with CS to resolve it?
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2011, 00:30   #15
Harryn9000
cf.geek

Services: Virgin 500MB BB , VM V6 x2, XL tv, Xl Phone Superhub 3
Harryn9000 is an unknown quantity at this point

i order it today coz the wireless is terrible on super hub, i rang customers service about it got put through to a welsh fella got told 30 quid for it
Harryn9000 is offline   Reply With Quote