Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Job interview with JET2....help needed!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

Job interview with JET2....help needed!

Old 01-11-2005, 09:16   #16
shredder
Inactive

shredder has entered a golden reputation erashredder has entered a golden reputation erashredder has entered a golden reputation erashredder has entered a golden reputation erashredder has entered a golden reputation erashredder has entered a golden reputation erashredder has entered a golden reputation erashredder has entered a golden reputation erashredder has entered a golden reputation erashredder has entered a golden reputation erashredder has entered a golden reputation era
Send a message via MSN to shredder
Re: Job interview with JET2....help needed!

hello!

Update time! The interview went really well, It was a good laugh, there were 35 people there and 8 got through the assessments and tests etc on to one-to-one interviews....and I was one of them! I'm off work today with a delightful chest infection but I could find out from today onwards if I got the job!

Thanks for all the advice
shredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-11-2005, 09:26   #17
andyl

Services: NTL 2MB Broadband, x2 phones, digi TV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by homealone
how about you want to work for them...

because you welcome the opportunity to broaden your experience by travel & contact with different people & cultures, but also feel that they, as a more focussed company will offer enhanced opportunities for progression over a bigger, but more diverse one.

Hmm, different cultures and people. Have you seen Jet2's route network - all short haul European. Lot of typical Brit haunts. Not knocking Jet2 though - good airline showing strong growth.

Sorry to be a bit negative but are you sure you know what you're getting into Kimberley? Cabin crew is not the best job in the world. You'll have rapid airport turnarounds so, whilst you'll enjoy travel benefits, don't expect to see too much of the world whilst working. The job is hard and as has been pointed out, very service and retail focused. This is not glamour. However, your primary function - though not on a day-to-day basis one trusts! - is safety so be prepared for the training.

Having said all that. it's horses fopr courses I guess so if it's really what you want to do good luck with it. And if you want to learn more about what it's like to work at Jet2 and other airlines check out the Cabin Crew forum on www.pprune.org

Cheers.

Andy
Old 01-11-2005, 09:53   #18
shredder
Inactive

shredder has entered a golden reputation erashredder has entered a golden reputation erashredder has entered a golden reputation erashredder has entered a golden reputation erashredder has entered a golden reputation erashredder has entered a golden reputation erashredder has entered a golden reputation erashredder has entered a golden reputation erashredder has entered a golden reputation erashredder has entered a golden reputation erashredder has entered a golden reputation era

I'm fully aware it is not the best job in the world, but it's something i want to do, I've just finished uni and want to do it whilst I have nothing stopping me and yes I have seen the route network, i'd hardly have gone to the interview not knowing that. Mmmmm I don't even know if I've got the job yet!
Old 01-11-2005, 09:56   #19
andyl

Services: NTL 2MB Broadband, x2 phones, digi TV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder
I'm fully aware it is not the best job in the world, but it's something i want to do, I've just finished uni and want to do it whilst I have nothing stopping me and yes I have seen the route network, i'd hardly have gone to the interview not knowing that. Mmmmm I don't even know if I've got the job yet!
Good luck to you - if it's what you want to do, hope you get the job. That pprune site may well be useful - lots of crew contribute so you can get some insight into working conditions etc and compare against experiences of those working for other airlines.
Old 01-11-2005, 09:58   #20
shredder
Inactive

I've been using another site, which was useful, on the assesment day we spoke to alot of the crew and we were given rosters etc.
Old 01-11-2005, 19:45   #21
cookie_365
Inactive

cookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronze
cookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronze

Quote:
hello!

Update time! The interview went really well, It was a good laugh, there were 35 people there and 8 got through the assessments and tests etc on to one-to-one interviews....and I was one of them! I'm off work today with a delightful chest infection but I could find out from today onwards if I got the job!

Thanks for all the advice
Good luck shredder
cookie_365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 18:47   #22
shredder
Inactive

hey guys, thanks for the advice......I GOT THE JOB!!!!!
Old 03-11-2005, 18:50   #23
homealone

Quote:
yay - nice one, congratulations
Old 03-11-2005, 18:51   #24
Derek
Inactive

Services: SkyHD and Broadband
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars

Yay!!!

Congrats
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 19:36   #25
cookie_365
Inactive

cookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronze
cookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronze

Quote:

Congratulations !!

If you end up on the Gatwick/MCR run, I'll see you at Christmas
cookie_365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2008, 23:37   #26
markythelad
Inactive

markythelad is an unknown quantity at this point

hi everyone, i have an interview with jet 2 in january 2008 up in LBA anyone have any tips on the interview what am likely to be asked etc.
i have been told i will have to stand up in front of others and chat about myself in witch i have no problem with and i know they look to see how i communicate with others and how we work as a team.
i have also been told via a mate of mine that the maths test isnt to bad as part of it you are aloud to use a calculator is this true looking forward to ya advice all as i am a tad nurvous as we all are on an interviews x
markythelad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2008, 23:39   #27
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by markythelad View Post
hi everyone, i have an interview with jet 2 in january 2008 up in LBA anyone have any tips on the interview what am likely to be asked etc.
The date maybe? I fear you are 10 months late....

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2008, 23:43   #28
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars

Your best bet is asking on the following boards at the pprune forums.
Lot's of cabin crew and pilots for many airlines will be able to help you out there.

http://www.pprune.org/cabin-crew-wannabes-130/

http://www.pprune.org/cabin-crew-131/

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2008, 23:57   #29
markythelad
Inactive

markythelad is an unknown quantity at this point

woops yeah wrong date sorry i ment 2009
markythelad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2008, 11:06   #30
shredder
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by markythelad View Post
i have been told i will have to stand up in front of others and chat about myself in witch i have no problem with and i know they look to see how i communicate with others and how we work as a team.
i have also been told via a mate of mine that the maths test isnt to bad as part of it you are aloud to use a calculator is this true looking forward to ya advice all as i am a tad nurvous as we all are on an interviews x
Ahhh, I'm a bit late now! I worked for them as Cabin Crew for a year back in 2007 at MAN. It was good fun, money was pretty good too....

But beware for the first 6 weeks when you are training you only get between £550 - £600 as you don't get any commission or your hourly flight pay until you actually start flying....they don't tell you that until your first day either! After that I usually got around £1400 - £1500 after tax and usually worked less than 30 hours a week.

The maths test isn't really a test! More like currency conversion with a calculator...about 3 questions out of a 50 question test! It's mainly geography, landmarks, currency etc. Really easy!

When you first arrive you have a face and full length photo taken, then you have to stand up in front of the group (15 - 30) people and and talk about yourself and then decribe your most embarassing memory.

The you'll be split into groups and given 2 - 3 exercises to do, from what I can remember they were scenarios involving who to put on a lifeboat with 10 spaces when you have 20 people. One was a priest and the other was Madonna?! There is no right answer, they are just looking at how you work as a team! Just look for quiet people in your group and try an involve them! Save your really good points for when the interviewer is nearby as they walk all around the room!

You then break for lunch and go back to the room where they tell you if you have been sucessful in getting through to the 1-1 interview stage, only 8 people got through from our group!

You then have to try on a uniform so they can see how you look in it then have a 15 minute interview. If you get this far, I'd assume you've got it. I don't know of anyone who failed the interview stage...it's more of a formality! Questions were along the lines of, how would you feel about cleaning up? How would you deal with a rowdy group of lads on a 1am flight back from Ibiza and if it was a cold winter morning at 3am, how would you mitivate yourself. Really easy common sense stuff!

Good luck! Let me know how you get on!

K