Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | How Overworked are the Installers?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Installation Issues

Vm engineers are a pain

Old 08-08-2011, 19:46   #1
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Vm engineers are a pain

My mother in law has just had BB installed, and has got to pay£40 for it and there is a big problem with it, it doesn't work.

My wife has made endless calls to VM to no avail, the story is so endless to go into, the engineer was in an out in about five minutes, didn't leave most of the stuff, she has now got to wait three days for a new bb box.

Absolutely poor service.

Does anyone know Neill Berkett direct email address, he should be told of this poor service we have to put up with with the poor CS.
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 08-08-2011, 19:49   #2
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
Re: Vm engineers are a pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
My mother in law has just had BB installed, and has got to pay£40 for it and there is a big problem with it, it doesn't work.

My wife has made endless calls to VM to no avail, the story is so endless to go into, the engineer was in an out in about five minutes, didn't leave most of the stuff, she has now got to wait three days for a new bb box.

Absolutely poor service.

Does anyone know Neill Berkett direct email address, he should be told of this poor service we have to put up with with the poor CS.
No-one is able to help with out the full story. Also if you get the email address you would still have to give the full story as well.
devilincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 19:51   #3
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:

Absolutely poor service.

Do a search on this forum or use a small bit of intelligence to figure it out. Then spend time typing in the FULL storey complete will ALL the details.

When was the install by the way ?

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 20:08   #4
Jameseh

You've had one bad experience then named the thread "Vm engineers are a pain".
Old 08-08-2011, 20:11   #5
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars

hmm, the thread refers to a BB box, it's about an installation and yet it's posted in Virgin Media TV section. Accuracy seems to afflict the OP as well as the installer

It's all right I'll move it to a proper home.
MovedGoalPosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 20:14   #6
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameseh View Post
You've had one bad experience then named the thread "Vm engineers are a pain".
Whilst I agree the thread title is a bit harsh, I hope the problem can be resolved. Nothing worse than looking forward to a service and it doesn't work.

I've got faith that the guys at Virgin will sort this out for your mother-in-law Arthur. Maybe if you give the full story one of our kind Virgin employees here might be able to escalate the matter for you?
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 20:37   #7
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

I will give you the full story then.

My mother in law has been with VM the same time As us, she decided to get in touch with the times, and we gave her a lap top, VM did BB and she decided that she would have it.

It was arranged to have BB installed today for a £40.00 install. The booking time was 7am till 1.00pm, the VM Engineer arrived at 1.30.

He placed the BB on top of the cabinet and left it there, put the cable into the back of the box and left, saying it will work in an hour.

After an hour my m.i.l contacted us, and we found out that the engineer was in the house approx ten minutes, we found out that there was no main cable. So my wife called CS,seven times and got put through to several departments, still no joy.

She tried again and finally got an engineer and said it was too late to get an engineer to call back, he did another test and then found out that the box was broken and they will arrange for a new box to be sent out in three days.

How can they do a proper check without a mains cable

This is poor service from a company, when you cannot get the right answers and the pass the buck scenario.
Old 08-08-2011, 20:51   #8
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Quote:
I will give you the full story then.

My mother in law has been with VM the same time As us, she decided to get in touch with the times, and we gave her a lap top, VM did BB and she decided that she would have it.

It was arranged to have BB installed today for a £40.00 install. The booking time was 7am till 1.00pm, the VM Engineer arrived at 1.30.

He placed the BB on top of the cabinet and left it there, put the cable into the back of the box and left, saying it will work in an hour.

After an hour my m.i.l contacted us, and we found out that the engineer was in the house approx ten minutes, we found out that there was no main cable. So my wife called CS,seven times and got put through to several departments, still no joy.

She tried again and finally got an engineer and said it was too late to get an engineer to call back, he did another test and then found out that the box was broken and they will arrange for a new box to be sent out in three days.

How can they do a proper check without a mains cable

This is poor service from a company, when you cannot get the right answers and the pass the buck scenario.
So you have 1 problem and then slag off VM engineers.

Old 08-08-2011, 22:14   #9
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Sirus, you must live in cuckoo land, this job SHOULD have been done properly in the FIRST place.

VM have a service to run, they are quick enough to take your monthly subscription, but when it comes to an install it sends a puppet.

You pay good money, and decide to increase your service and the engineer cannot do the job properly, its like taking your car in for a service and he doesn't do it.
Old 08-08-2011, 22:17   #10
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Quote:
Sirus, you must live in cuckoo land, this job SHOULD have been done properly in the FIRST place.

VM have a service to run, they are quick enough to take your monthly subscription, but when it comes to an install it sends a puppet.

You pay good money, and decide to increase your service and the engineer cannot do the job properly, its like taking your car in for a service and he doesn't do it.
But you totally go over the top and even after you have been given a date for a engineer you want to email the CEO, That is SAD

Old 08-08-2011, 22:36   #11
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Quote:

You will get the box sorted in a couple of days and you can always request a credit for loss of service.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 22:50   #12
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Are you saying there is no plug?
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 22:54   #13
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb66 View Post
Are you saying there is no plug?
It certainly sounds like it only ever had one call similar to this in my time with the company, so it does happen.

It was not this call I can assure you.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 09:51   #14
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Bb box? Was it the superhub? What main cable?

You say it's the full story but it's not very detailed and doesn't really explain what was installed.
Old 09-08-2011, 22:42   #15
nugmachine
Inactive

Services: v+ xl bbi xl telco xl
nugmachine is an unknown quantity at this point

The main cable is bound to be the drop cable (cable run from cab to front of the house). So whats proberly happened it that the engineer has turned up and found no drop cable, to which he can do nothing about. So he has two options one to reschedule the job which then may take up to 4 weeks or put the modem and cable in then get his manager to get a new cable pulled and connected asap.

Also i cannot see how they can test the modem if there is no drop cable presence.
nugmachine is offline   Reply With Quote