Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Major Incident: Finsbury Park, London - Van Ploughs into Pedestrians

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Major Incident: Finsbury Park, London - Van Ploughs into Pedestrians

Old 19-06-2017, 17:07   #16
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Re: Major Incident: Finsbury Park, London - Van Ploughs into Pedestrians

I'd say they there are degrees of terror attack. There's the 9/11 variety right down to the failed petrol bomb . This was intended to terrorise and was no doubt done in revenge so yes I feel it is a terrorist act. However, I doubt very much that this guy is part of a much wider scale terror organisation on the scale of ISIS or the IRA for example, dedicated to destroying Islam. That's the difference IMHO.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 19-06-2017, 18:07   #17
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

terrorist
ˈ
noun
a person who uses unlawful violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.

adjective
unlawfully using violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.

so what political aim is there in this ? to me it's a nutter who hates muslims and wanted to kill them its hate not terror imo
Old 19-06-2017, 18:07   #18
Julian
Oh When The Saints!!

Julian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny star
Julian has a nice shiny star

Darren from Cardiff
Old 19-06-2017, 18:14   #19
Onramp
Inactive

Onramp will become famous soon enoughOnramp will become famous soon enoughOnramp will become famous soon enough

I thought it was a bit odd that he was supposedly saying "I've done my job, kill me now" - I mean was he a robot? Who was he working for? Quite possibly just himself but I doubt that this time.
Onramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2017, 18:16   #20
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

This has to be a terrorist attack.
Old 19-06-2017, 18:18   #21
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
This has to be a terrorist attack.
Absolutely..
Old 19-06-2017, 18:18   #22
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
terrorist
ˈ
noun
a person who uses unlawful violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.

adjective
unlawfully using violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.

so what political aim is there in this ? to me it's a nutter who hates muslims and wanted to kill them its hate not terror imo
Not sure about the dictionary definition. imo any attack intended to cause terror amongst a particular community is terrorism. Whether this bloke intended this as a terror act we don't know yet.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2017, 18:19   #23
Julian
Oh When The Saints!!

Julian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny star
Julian has a nice shiny star

"If evidence proves that what happened last night amounted to the "use or threat of action…designed to influence…a section of the public…for the purpose of advancing a political, religious, racial or ideological cause"...then that is terrorism.

As quoted by a legal expert HERE at 1532
Old 19-06-2017, 23:15   #24
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
i can't answer that
i have been watching on the news the" Muslim community " is outraged at this attack asking how can anyone do this , my first thought was are you for real this is a copy of atrocities carried out by Muslims ,now i'm not condoning it but it must have been on the cards that this would eventually happen ,i wouldn't want to live in London it's out of control.
London's not out of control, it's a great city. Saying it's out of control is not only incorrect but it's exactly what the terrorists want to hear.
A lot of these attacks come from outside London including the Finsbury Park attacker. Big cities especially capital cities attract attacks as attacks there will make the headlines. London (and Manchester) have survived two world wars, the IRA and will survive these terrorists.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2017, 23:20   #25
Onramp
Inactive

Onramp will become famous soon enoughOnramp will become famous soon enoughOnramp will become famous soon enough

Nation states sometimes brainwash people to do this kind of thing because it is politically convenient for them.
Onramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2017, 03:02   #26
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onramp View Post
Nation states sometimes brainwash people to do this kind of thing because it is politically convenient for them.
Not sure if the Express and the Mail count as 'Nation states'...
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2017, 04:53   #27
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Not sure if the Express and the Mail count as 'Nation states'...
More pariah states l would say.
Old 20-06-2017, 08:02   #28
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
London's not out of control, it's a great city. Saying it's out of control is not only incorrect but it's exactly what the terrorists want to hear.
A lot of these attacks come from outside London including the Finsbury Park attacker. Big cities especially capital cities attract attacks as attacks there will make the headlines. London (and Manchester) have survived two world wars, the IRA and will survive these terrorists.
and they will be doing it without me it's clearly not safe on the streets anymore

and no amount of candles and flowers from the garage will help
Old 20-06-2017, 08:09   #29
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
and they will be doing it without me it's clearly not safe on the streets anymore

and no amount of candles and flowers from the garage will help
I'm off to London today for a week. I see no reason not to.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2017, 08:11   #30
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
I'm off to London today for a week. I see no reason not to.
stay safe -