Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

Old 07-12-2015, 19:28   #2461
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

Stupid inbred cousin humping yanks who think Obama is the problem in America and not guns.

There answer id GUNS GUNS GUNS GUNS, give kids guns a birthday/Christmas presents.

I grew up thinking the USSR would start WWIII, but now it the stupid \ysnkd with their gung-ho policy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 12072715_10208267221298153_4616853506916166315_n.jpg (39.2 KB, 4 views)
Old 07-12-2015, 22:09   #2462
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars

My Speeling is going down hill rapidly ATM
Old 08-12-2015, 13:32   #2463
dave6x
Inactive

Services: VM BBL 3Mb> 10Mb> 20Mb> 30Mb> 50Mb> 70Mb
dave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond repute

Doesn't anybody check their car's brake lights anymore???

Recently noticed that around 10-15% of cars I've followed in this area have had at least one defective brake light; a taxi I followed this morning had both high level and offside not working and his indicators didn't seem to work either :-)
dave6x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 13:46   #2464
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

Indicators wise, that doesn't shock me with taxis. They seem to think they can do what they want, and can use their own version of the highway code.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 14:15   #2465
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

I'd like to know how you.can drive a 7:30 am in December and fail to notice that you are the only person who doesn't have lights on their car.
Old 08-12-2015, 15:55   #2466
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

Hospital Admins.... Useless beyond words. Screw ups after screw ups, they are causing more problems than needed. Then it makes out that I'm a problem patient. So annoying.

And consultants that just don't bother listening to the patient.
Old 09-12-2015, 19:12   #2467
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

My company

I've been late the last few days, my journey to work normally takes 20-25 minutes, today it took me 1 hour so I was 1/2 hour late.

My idiot of a Quality Manager said "Leave earlier" I thought WTF are you on, I told him I allow 40 minutes.S

Roll on next year and I can start to look for another job.

The other thing is we are all still waiting to find out if Christmas Eve is a full working day or like every year it will be a 1/2 day, and I need to know asap as I have to work out how to do 2 days worth of Christmas stuff in 1 day.
Old 09-12-2015, 20:35   #2468
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut View Post
Hospital Admins.... Useless beyond words. Screw ups after screw ups, they are causing more problems than needed. Then it makes out that I'm a problem patient. So annoying.

And consultants that just don't bother listening to the patient.
Yes. Addenbrookes are also irritating me at the moment.

The kidney clinic are not giving me all the information I want with regards dialysis unless I see a psychiatrist first what the hell is going on with that, it's up to me to choose to do it not them.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 22:54   #2469
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
It's OK, you don't need to come all the way down here. The OH is quite a good masseur, a few minutes of his ministrations with the baby oil and I feel better already.
A free tip from the other half - swap the unnatural baby oil for something like sweet almond oil or even grapeseed. Much better for you.

---------- Post added at 21:54 ---------- Previous post was at 21:48 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilli-theclaw View Post
Yes. Addenbrookes are also irritating me at the moment.

The kidney clinic are not giving me all the information I want with regards dialysis unless I see a psychiatrist first what the hell is going on with that, it's up to me to choose to do it not them.
Over the years I've found explaining any problems or issues via the consultant's secretary has been very helpful. Can't say I've ever had a problem doing so either and it's often saved a whole heap of grief in one way or another.

Best of luck mate.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 14:41   #2470
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

Got there at half 9 to be told we have no beds for your operation so it's cancelled. Gutted, I'd got myself psyched up for it and now got to wait for a new appointment next year whenever that will be. Hardly slept last night, so now off to grab a short nap to sustain me until tonight.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 16:05   #2471
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

So sorry to hear that it was cancelled but sadly that is no surprise at all Mark.
Old 11-12-2015, 16:10   #2472
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

I had an odd letter from the hospital asking me to attend a pre-assessment clinic on the 9th January, but I have no idea what it's for. I called and left a message asking them to call me back but I'm still waiting.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 16:15   #2473
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilli-theclaw View Post
I had an odd letter from the hospital asking me to attend a pre-assessment clinic on the 9th January, but I have no idea what it's for. I called and left a message asking them to call me back but I'm still waiting.
That's been my troubles as well, had 3 of them so far. I also got a text message to say if I'm attending for an op that I knew nothing about too.
Old 11-12-2015, 17:05   #2474
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

I had that - received a pre-assessment appointment for an operation nobody had bothered to tell me I was having. Maybe they thought I could read their minds?...

Called the consultant's secretary who was very apologetic and arranged for a consultation a few weeks later during which it was all explained and the rest is history. I do think communication (or lack of) is a major problem in many hospitals and winds up causing all sorts of unnecessary hassle for everyone concerned.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 18:54   #2475
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

I woke up at 2:45 am, went to the loo, and then couldn't get back to sleet

Thank god Friday is a shorter work day.