Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | buffalonas.com

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

net connection down in ne33..mine never came back

Old 17-02-2011, 22:47   #1
Rockabilly Spike
Inactive

Rockabilly Spike has much to be proud ofRockabilly Spike has much to be proud ofRockabilly Spike has much to be proud ofRockabilly Spike has much to be proud ofRockabilly Spike has much to be proud ofRockabilly Spike has much to be proud ofRockabilly Spike has much to be proud ofRockabilly Spike has much to be proud ofRockabilly Spike has much to be proud ofRockabilly Spike has much to be proud of
net connection down in ne33..mine never came back

BB went down in the NE33 area this morning around 10.30. mine never came back.
tv fine.

BB signal levels as follows

Downstream Status Locked
Channel ID 2
Downstream Frequency 331000000 Hz
Modulation 256QAM
Bit Rate 42884296 bits/sec
Power Level 6.0 dBmV
Signal to Noise Ratio 41.9 dB
Upstream Channel
The data shown in the table below provides information about the signal being transmitted to the network from your cable modem.
Upstream Status Ranging
Channel ID 3
Upstream Frequency 29200000 Hz
Modulation 16QAM
Symbol Rate 10240000 bits/sec
Power Level 39.5 dBmV
ystem
The data shown in the table below provides information about the system of your cable modem.
Name WebSTAR EPC2100R2
Modem Serial Number 222830894
Cable Modem MAC Address (edited)
Hardware Version 2.1
Software Version v2.0.2r1256-070601
Receive Power Level 5.9 dBmV
Transmit Power Level 39.5 dBmV
Cable Modem Status Ranging Complete

modem CABLE light just blinks twice.
sometimes blinks once.

VM support did some stuff over the phone but to no avail.
Engineer cant visit til Sat morn.

Lucky I have a Three S2 Skypephone on PAYG with enough credit on it.
it can acts as a BB modem and 50p gives me 100mb to play with. OK enough for surfing and grabbing my mail.
Rockabilly Spike is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 18-02-2011, 07:31   #2
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Re: net connection down in ne33..mine never came back

It does sound like you need an engineer as your stats look fairly normal.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2011, 10:33   #3
Rockabilly Spike
Inactive

Rockabilly Spike has much to be proud ofRockabilly Spike has much to be proud ofRockabilly Spike has much to be proud ofRockabilly Spike has much to be proud ofRockabilly Spike has much to be proud ofRockabilly Spike has much to be proud ofRockabilly Spike has much to be proud ofRockabilly Spike has much to be proud ofRockabilly Spike has much to be proud ofRockabilly Spike has much to be proud of

thats what support said on the phone.
but i woke up in the night and noticed the cable light was on. got up a few mins ago, powered on the PC and its all back up and running
Old 18-02-2011, 10:45   #4
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockabilly Spike View Post
thats what support said on the phone.
but i woke up in the night and noticed the cable light was on. got up a few mins ago, powered on the PC and its all back up and running
Call up and make sure the tech is cancelled.
Old 18-02-2011, 19:15   #5
Rockabilly Spike
Inactive

now all of NE33/4 seems to be off. no dial tone, BB or TV. loads of the GF's mates on facebook all reporting everything is off.
coupla the lads at work checked theirs.
all off.
gonna email customer support to cancel engineer cos they can't do owt if the whole area is offline.
Old 18-02-2011, 20:04   #6
SimonB79
Inactive

SimonB79 will become famous soon enoughSimonB79 will become famous soon enoughSimonB79 will become famous soon enough

Yep... mine went off about 16:00 (ne33 area) and its now dead as a door nail. LOL

(using mobile dongle ATM)
SimonB79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2011, 20:07   #7
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Quote:
now all of NE33/4 seems to be off. no dial tone, BB or TV. loads of the GF's mates on facebook all reporting everything is off.
coupla the lads at work checked theirs.
all off.
gonna email customer support to cancel engineer cos they can't do owt if the whole area is offline.
If the is a MSO (Major Service Outage ) then the engineer would be cancelled automatically and that sounds like one.
Old 19-02-2011, 00:17   #8
Rockabilly Spike
Inactive

all back on again now.
sent an email earlier anyways. hope it does get cancelled.
dont need it
Old 19-02-2011, 02:44   #9
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
all back on again now.
sent an email earlier anyways. hope it does get cancelled.
dont need it
Outage Support will cancel the engineer.
Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote