Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Superhub 3.0 Question

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Superhub 3.0 Question

Old 16-01-2017, 18:25   #1
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts
Superhub 3.0 Question

Hi all, I currently have the Superhub 2 but I want to upgrade it to the 3.0 I've spoken to VM and they say it will cost £83 a month up from £71.49 currently have XL TV, 100mb BB, 2x TiVo and Talk Weekends

New customers only pay £76 a month after 12 months http://www.virginmedia.com/shop/bund...se-bundle.html

One final question if new customers got VIVID 100 Optical Fibre what hub are they supplied with?
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 16-01-2017, 20:28   #2
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Superhub 3.0 Question

the shubs are free the monthly price increase is because they want to upgrade your bundle and double your bb speed. The shub2 can handle both easily and tbh unless there are major congestion issues in your area you won't benefit from the shub3. The main selling point of the shub3 is that it can load balance over 16 channels and not the 8 that the shub 2 and 1 use.

Shub allocations are tricky because not only does it depend what tier you are on but also whether you are a new customer or an existing customer. There is a table floating around somewhere but I have a feeling that if you are a new customer you get the shub3 and if you are an existing customer you get the shub2. Tbh regardless of which tier I am on I am far happier with my shub2 and would begrudge taking a shub3 if I needed it.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2017, 14:50   #3
Tuvoc
Inactive

Tuvoc is an unknown quantity at this point

Why would you not want a sh3 over an sh2 ? Better wireless performance is a reason to get Superhub 3 ? That's why I would want one. Although my Superhub 2 wireless performance is reliable and excellent, the range isn't that great.
Tuvoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2017, 18:05   #4
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

What makes you think the sh3 has better WiFi range? Because it's got a "3" in the name?
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2017, 16:07   #5
Daveoc64
cf.addict

Services: Freeview Play, Virgin Media Gig1
Daveoc64 has a spectacular aura about themDaveoc64 has a spectacular aura about themDaveoc64 has a spectacular aura about themDaveoc64 has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb66 View Post
What makes you think the sh3 has better WiFi range? Because it's got a "3" in the name?
It has a significantly better antenna layout than the previous "Superhub" models (which were notoriously poor).

If the OP has a Superhub 2 (not the AC model), they'd also benefit from having 802.11ac.

Last edited by Daveoc64; 22-01-2017 at 16:14.
Daveoc64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2017, 17:52   #6
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Or better still and a wise investment, he could put his SH in modem mode and connect up a decent router.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2017, 09:45   #7
rtho782
cf.addict

rtho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nice

Unless seeing contention I'd stick with the 2.

3 as mentioned means more DS channels to balance the load over, but has the intel chipset with the latency bug.

Once the latency bug is fixed it will be worth it.

As for wireless performance, just use your own router in modem mode.
rtho782 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 15:46   #8
JMcB
cf.geek

Services: 2x 306Tivo Full TV with Movies & Sport 1000Mb BB Land Line Mobile Phone x2 (Sim Only)
JMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to JMcB

Any new on this Intel chip being updated, I have a new SH3 comming on Friday and I was hoping it had been sorted
JMcB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 17:42   #9
rtho782
cf.addict

rtho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nice

I doubt we will see a fix for this, it will be resolved by the superhub 4, whenever that becomes a thing
rtho782 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 08:33   #10
Synthetic
cf.geek

Synthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to all

EDIT: Whoops, not had my coffee yet!

I have a SH2AC from a previous contract but struggling to get virgin to activate it... I guess I'll just have to keep calling until I get someone who will do it.
Synthetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2017, 06:34   #11
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Since yesterday morning we have had a green light flashing continuously on our SH3 router and although the internet is working just as well as before should this flashing green light on the SH3 be happening?.
Old 20-04-2017, 10:06   #12
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Is it the wifi?
Old 20-04-2017, 10:22   #13
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
Is it the wifi?
In what way as our wifi signals are fine General but l just wondered whether this green light is supposed to be flashing all the time.
Old 20-04-2017, 10:54   #14
General Maximus
Ran Away

I meant that the green light is indicative of wifi activity. Afaik thete are two leds for wifi and if you wss in modem mode neither of them should be working. If one or both of them has come back on then it may indicate a reset by VM to enable something like their wifi hotpot service.
Old 20-04-2017, 11:06   #15
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
I meant that the green light is indicative of wifi activity. Afaik thete are two leds for wifi and if you wss in modem mode neither of them should be working. If one or both of them has come back on then it may indicate a reset by VM to enable something like their wifi hotpot service.
Thanks General as the green light has gone off now in the last 30 minutes.