Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Returning TV equipment to Virgin

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Returning TV equipment to Virgin

Old 18-01-2013, 20:51   #1
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Returning TV equipment to Virgin

Does anyone know what Virgins current return procedure is? I recently ended my subscription but still have the TiVo box, V+ box and Superhub.

I've just arrived how and have had 2 things posted through the door. One is from Virgin advising they visited my home today to collect the equipment. The second is a slip from Royal Mail advising I need to go and collect a "packet" which was too big to deliver. I'm not expecting any kind of delivery.

Do Virgin still send out boxes for you to return their equipment or do they go to everyones house to pick their stuff up?
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 18-01-2013, 21:09   #2
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Re: Returning TV equipment to Virgin

My new TV box came with instructions on how to repack the old one in the same box and hand it in at a local garage or shop from their list.
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2013, 21:10   #3
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Both. But it doesn't make sense that a package would arrive same the day that they had failed to collect equipment. So I think your package is something else.

Plus any package from VM would more likely come by Yodel.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2013, 21:51   #4
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

what spider said. highly unlikely RM have been used to send out a return box. is there contact details on the VM letter or whatever it is? if not you could take the equipment and VM letter to your local HQ or pack the equipment yourself and create a return label here http://www.collectplus.co.uk/returns...from_postcode= and post it out.

if you opt to send it via collectplus then be sure to put a letter in the box just stating its a return and put your customer number in so they know its from you. also be sure to get the tracking number when handing it over in a collectplus shop.
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2013, 22:01   #5
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Thanks for the info. That card from Virgin has a mobile number on it I can call. I'll pop to the post office in the morning to collect this mystery package. I'll keep you posted.
Old 19-01-2013, 11:00   #6
Chad
cf.mega poster

Just back from the post office. It was from Virgin Media. 3 empty boxes, one inside each other with a "sorry you're leaving" letter and instructions on how to return.
Old 19-01-2013, 11:27   #7
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2013, 15:34   #8
Mick Fisher
Inactive

Services: Sky Unlimited FibrePro Sky Talk Sky+HD
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array

A short while, after I left, I received phone call asking if it was convenient to call and collect my superhub.

The agent arrived at the specified time and collected the item.

Sorted.
Mick Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2013, 16:21   #9
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
Old 19-01-2013, 18:42   #10
montehampster
Inactive

montehampster is an unknown quantity at this point

Well I've them twice to try to arrange the return of a Tivo and a V+HD box (which they didn't know I had!) and both times I've been promised they will send me the boxes and I'm still waiting!

They are currently in the loft gathering dust.
montehampster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2013, 18:49   #11
thenry
Inactive

pack the boxes and put in a letter statng its a return from customer number.... or previous customer number... > create label http://www.collectplus.co.uk/returns...from_postcode= then put in your postcode to know where to post it. remember to get the tracking number.
Old 19-01-2013, 18:57   #12
robson689
Inactive

Services: VM 60Mbit, TiVo.
robson689 has a spectacular aura about themrobson689 has a spectacular aura about themrobson689 has a spectacular aura about themrobson689 has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenry View Post
pack the boxes and put in a letter statng its a return from customer number.... or previous customer number... > create label http://www.collectplus.co.uk/returns...from_postcode= then put in your postcode to know where to post it. remember to get the tracking number.
What's the point, if they want the equipment they can send a box or pick it up?? Why should the ex. customer have to buy a box when they want it back.
robson689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2013, 19:12   #13
thenry
Inactive

you could ask a local shop if they have a spare empty box. or you could avoid the box and drop it off at your local VM HQ or shop.
Old 19-01-2013, 19:18   #14
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

To be fair it sounds like he's made effort enough.
andy_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2013, 19:24   #15
thenry
Inactive

i understand that. the reps or slackers should be pulled by management. ok, robson689 you can always post up on the VM community forum and let them sort it out. those reps will make a way where others obviously havent.