Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Oldham to get 120Mb first in NW.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion

Oldham to get 120Mb first in NW.

Old 05-04-2012, 18:58   #1
slowcoach
Inactive

Services: VM Phone 152 Meg.
slowcoach has reached the bronze age
slowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze age
Oldham to get 120Mb first in NW.

Now I see why my upload has crapped out
Oldham is to be the first town in the North West to get 120Mb/s VM Broadband LINK
C'mon Oldham
slowcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-04-2012, 19:36   #2
Zee
Inactive

Services: BT Infinity Option 2, BT Talk Unlimited, Three PAYG, Giffgaff PAYG, Sky TV Entertainment Package
Zee has reached the bronze age
Zee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze age
Re: Oldham to get 120Mb first in NW.

This is good news for that town, but i dont like the fact that some areas such as where they do trials get special attention and other areas are crapping out.

---------- Post added at 18:36 ---------- Previous post was at 18:35 ----------

Ministers said they aim for Britain to have Europe’s best broadband network.

I find that a joke...
Zee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2012, 23:22   #3
slowcoach
Inactive

slowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze age

Been told today that the local network upgrade is scheduled to be completed at the end of this month and then Oldham will have 120/12, I'll wait and see.
Old 21-04-2012, 17:56   #4
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars

Somewhere has to be first.

The local network isn't the thing holding up the 120/12 service, Oldham aren't getting 120/12 in April
Ignitionnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2012, 23:16   #5
slowcoach
Inactive

All I want is my 10 Mb upload back, 2.7 sucks.
Old 23-04-2012, 00:07   #6
gumpy321
Inactive

Services: V.I.P 50
gumpy321 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowcoach View Post
All I want is my 10 Mb upload back, 2.7 sucks.
I'm in Chadderton and I'm still getting 100/5...
gumpy321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2012, 01:16   #7
BenJSmyth
Inactive

Services: Sky TV in the living room, Freeview in the bedroom. Plusnet Unlimited Fibre
BenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of light

Is there a rollout schedule for the 120mb release?
BenJSmyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2012, 15:19   #8
slowcoach
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumpy321 View Post
I'm in Chadderton and I'm still getting 100/5...
It's probably because I caught them charging me for my Tickles, this is their retribution.

---------- Post added at 14:19 ---------- Previous post was at 14:01 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenJSmyth View Post
Is there a rollout schedule for the 120mb release?
That would require planning wouldn't it?
Old 24-04-2012, 18:30   #9
slowcoach
Inactive

Word on the street is that they have found the 100/10 upload speed bug and it will be sorted within 24 Hours, so I was being given BS by the Field Tech.
I bet it was to do with the STM intro.

I thought that they were on the case, the SH has been rebooting this afternoon.
Old 19-05-2012, 16:04   #10
th'engineer
Inactive

Services: up to 30 MEG CF version of Peter Kay
th'engineer is a name known to allth'engineer is a name known to allth'engineer is a name known to allth'engineer is a name known to allth'engineer is a name known to allth'engineer is a name known to allth'engineer is a name known to allth'engineer is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to th'engineer

must be why ol postcodes are struggling in castleton it abysmal
th'engineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2012, 01:11   #11
slowcoach
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by th'engineer View Post
must be why ol postcodes are struggling in castleton it abysmal
Just hang in there, I heard they have bought some cheap gear from Greece to enable them to upgrade the network, hopefully they will also get some Greek Engineers coming over to do the work, all on the cheap of course....

I'm still on 2.7 Meg upload, the best minds in the telecoms industry can't figure it out.
I was bored tonight so I had a few hours talking to tech support, the guy said he would stay with it until it was sorted, in the end he gave up, I reckon the only people who can sort it are BT (with Infinity).
Old 22-05-2012, 13:07   #12
slowcoach
Inactive

Got my 10 Meg Upload back in the wee hours.
The other day they had changed me to an XXL config, but I got them to change it back to 100 while I was getting my billing sorted out, yet again.
I just hope that they will leave my account alone now.

Keep Off My Lawn.