Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | How to get an install?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Installation Issues

How to get an install?

Old 18-03-2011, 23:57   #1
Jack155Q4
Inactive

Jack155Q4 is an unknown quantity at this point
How to get an install?

Hi all,

Used to be a member here a few years back when it was NTLHell and CableHell but seems like the account may have been purged.

I would like to get VM installed with all services, phone, internet and TV.
However, there is a problem with the address. The road is cabled but our proper address does not appear on the VM database for installs. We are on the ground floor and there are 10 flats in the block. Our neighbours addresses either side of us (Flat 1 and 3) in the block do show up. We don't know why this is and ours does not.

As a result when we have been to the VM shop or on the phone to them trying to book an install they say they will send a 'spotter'. This failed to happen on 2 occasions so we got nowhere. We then phoned up to do it again and the lady taking the details said it was OK, I will book it on the address I think the property is listed as:

Our actual address is:

Flat 2, Block Name
111 ###### Road
Bromley

They booked it under
111B ##### Road
Bromley

They set the installation date and all was well. We received the confirmation and welcome letter to the 111B ###### Road so we thought the installation would turn up.
It didn't (day off wasted) and we were told it was cancelled from the start (at no point were we informed). Since, we have tried to rebook twice and again they need to send a spotter to the address to get us on the database - this keeps failing. Calls are not returned (are they really a comms company??)

Sorry to bang on so long with this story but what on earth can we do to get a service out of them?

I bet they are going to take a direct debit soon for nothing. They already have £50 for the V+Plus box!

Any advice is really appreciated.
Thanks,
Jack

RE: Sky
We have Sky but with a communal satellite dish on the roof and only allows one feed to each flat so my Sky plus box I have only half functions (have to block out one of the feeds to get it to record and of course I can not watch anything else live at the same time.

---------- Post added at 22:57 ---------- Previous post was at 22:56 ----------

Sorry, this should be in Installation issues.
Please could a mod move it for me?
Thanks,
Jack
Jack155Q4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 19-03-2011, 00:03   #2
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: How to get an install?

My understanding is that you only hear from the spotter if they decide your address is serviceable. The fact you keep failing to hear anything after requesting they have a look would suggest they have looked, and you're a non-starter. It's a bit shoddy, as you say, they're supposed to be a communications company, but that, I think, is it.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2011, 00:12   #3
Jack155Q4
Inactive

That does sound plausible but given others in the block have it I would of thought we could too. Ours would be much easier to install then the others too given the layout.

They could give our £50 back if that is the case!

Problem in troubleshooting this is that you can never speak to the right people - get passed on about 4 times until someone has any interest
Old 20-03-2011, 19:36   #4
Jack155Q4
Inactive

Any further advice on how I can solve this with VM?

Thanks,
Jack
Old 20-03-2011, 19:56   #5
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack155Q4 View Post
Any further advice on how I can solve this with VM?

Thanks,
Jack
Try filling in the Spotters form below.

http://shop.virginmedia.com/unserviceable-address
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote