Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | U.S Election 2016

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

U.S Election 2016
Closed Thread

Old 21-01-2017, 11:11   #1516
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week
Re: US Election 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by RizzyKing View Post
Yes politics has been working so fantastically for the last thirty years absolutely no reason to change a thing just keep going with the same successful lot we've had so we can all moan and do nothing. Maybe Trump will be a disaster i doubt it but maybe but at least the americans had the courage to try a change unlike so many in the UK who do nothing but moan and back away the second they have a chance for something different.
We tried the "something different " with Blair and his "new politics for the working man" and look how that turned out

Advertisement
Old 21-01-2017, 13:42   #1517
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
Yeah, because the last 18monthd have been scandal free.
For the US President it's been the most scandal-free presidency for a long time.
Old 21-01-2017, 14:40   #1518
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
For the US President it's been the most scandal-free presidency for a long time.
I assumed Pierre meant the last 18 months of Trump has been filled with scandal but he still won.
Old 21-01-2017, 14:51   #1519
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
I assumed Pierre meant the last 18 months of Trump has been filled with scandal but he still won.
My bad.
Old 21-01-2017, 16:56   #1520
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
My prediction is..... <snip>
Oh here we go, how many times have you said this crap again ?

Quote:
There have been major demos, in the US. And also in London. Trump may be BUSINESSMAN. But he is not an experience politician.
Major Demos ? Where ? There were mindless Anarchists, smashing windows and damaging property and protesting that Trump will destroy the World but they were destroying regular peoples property in their own country. Mindless morons.

Quote:
The biggest trouble is that, as he is a billionaire. He can buy everything. NOW he has to biggest coup going - the President of America
But if he does what he says and creates jobs, being a billionaire matters because you're not?

Quote:
And what l have to laugh at. Did you see the amount of crowd there was, compared to Obama.
Yeah I saw the crowd, was not as big as Obama's but you have to consider a multitude of reasons why. 63 Million Americans voted for him but they all could not descend on to Washington to go support him, not only that, Washington is heavily Democratic, so the crowds would have been larger for Obama for this reason alone, plus it was more historic given he was the first Black President to have been Elected, the support clearly evaporated for him at his second term Inauguration.

Inauguration estimates for former Presidents.

President Bill Clinton, 1993: 800,000 people
President Bill Clinton, 1997: 250,000 people
President George W. Bush, 2001: 300,000 people
President George W. Bush, 2005: 400,000 people
President Barack Obama, 2009: 1.8 million people
President Barack Obama, 2013: 1 million people

Lyndon B. Johnson held the previous Record for 1.2 million.

Between 700,000 - 900,000 were expected at Trumps Inauguration and from the later photos and live footage taken during him taking the Oath of Office reflect, he still had a significant gathering but there are misleading memes being put out showing hardly any crowds, I guess anyone can take a picture hours before the event begins.
Old 21-01-2017, 18:27   #1521
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Major Demos ? Where ? There were mindless Anarchists, smashing windows and damaging property and protesting that Trump will destroy the World but they were destroying regular peoples property in their own country. Mindless morons.
Just about everywhere ,and not small either

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38700123

---------- Post added at 17:27 ---------- Previous post was at 16:57 ----------

Quote:
I guess anyone can take a picture hours before the event begins.
Or use a picture of Obamas inauguration because it has more people in it .

Anyhoo,numbers of protesters in washington are expected to be more than at the inauguration rally

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-38705586

Old 21-01-2017, 18:38   #1522
rhyds
Inactive

Services: Plusnet Phone/BB, Freesat, VM Business BB (Cable)
rhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Quite cool. Biden, who was famous as a Senator for taking the train to Washington from Pennsylvania left the ceremony and went right back to using the trains.

I think he was actually Senator for Delaware, and used the train every day to make sure he was home to see his sons every night when they went to bed, following the tragic loss of his wife and daughter in a car crash just after he was elected.

He also sent a memo to all of his staff when he was VP telling them that he expected them to put their family obligations before their jobs, and that he would be very displeased if they didn't.
Old 21-01-2017, 18:40   #1523
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhyds View Post
I think he was actually Senator for Delaware, and used the train every day to make sure he was home to see his sons every night when they went to bed, following the tragic loss of his wife and daughter in a car crash just after he was elected.

He also sent a memo to all of his staff when he was VP telling them that he expected them to put their family obligations before their jobs, and that he would be very displeased if they didn't.
I wish he ran for the Democratic nomination. He also appears to be the most connected to the concerns of the Democratic voters who went Trump.
Old 21-01-2017, 18:46   #1524
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
I wish he ran for the Democratic nomination. He also appears to be the most connected to the concerns of the Democratic voters who went Trump.
Is that a new, possibly insulting, euphemism?

I reckon Trump's has an advantage in that it'd be difficult for him to be as bad as many people seem to think he will be.

Last edited by Osem; 21-01-2017 at 18:50.
Old 21-01-2017, 18:46   #1525
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

He's 74, and probably thinks he's earned a rest.
Old 21-01-2017, 18:47   #1526
rhyds
Inactive

Services: Plusnet Phone/BB, Freesat, VM Business BB (Cable)
rhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

From what I've picked up in interviews I don't think he really wants the top job, despite probably being very suited to it (like Vince Cable with the Lib Dem leadership).
Old 21-01-2017, 18:59   #1527
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

The crowd in Washington is pretty big:

---------- Post added at 17:59 ---------- Previous post was at 17:53 ----------

The White House has confirmed May will be first World leader to visit Trump as she flies to Washington next week.
Old 21-01-2017, 19:03   #1528
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
Just about everywhere ,and not small either

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38700123[COLOR="Silver"]
They are big, but I've seen bigger protests.

While you got these protesters marching in London and elsewhere, preaching about women's and gay rights, I don't see these same people marching in protest at the treatment of Women and gays in certain quarters of the Middle East. One word to sum them up: Hypocrites.

And more importantly, while it's a perfectly reasonable right to hold a protest, some are protesting not at Trump himself but celebrating Equality and I can understand that, however, it is rather pointless, those protesting against his Presidency, with slogans of 'Dump Trump', it will not change a thing. they are essentially protesting against democracy, just like the sore losers that they are, just like the ones here, who were protesting in London, when brexit had won.

Quote:
Anyhoo,numbers of protesters in washington are expected to be more than at the inauguration rally
I'd be keen to see the actual numbers before believing that, however, either way.... It does not mean a thing. Trump remains the 45th President.
Old 21-01-2017, 19:05   #1529
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Quote:

And more importantly, while it's a perfectly reasonable right to hold a protest, some are protesting not at Trump himself but celebrating Equality and I can understand that, however, it is rather pointless, those protesting against his Presidency, with slogans of 'Dump Trump', it will not change a thing. they are essentially protesting against democracy, just like the sore losers that they are, just like the ones here, who were protesting in London, when brexit had won.
Old 21-01-2017, 19:14   #1530
Kursk
-.- ..- .-. ... -.-

Kursk has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
"I just felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of voices cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced."
Stay calm Russ, that's just your constipation relief working
Closed Thread