Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Boxing 2012

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport

Boxing 2012

Old 23-11-2012, 17:06   #151
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
Re: Boxing 2012

Hatton vs Senchenko tomorrow on Primetime...
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 23-11-2012, 19:56   #152
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenry View Post
Hatton vs Senchenko tomorrow on Primetime...
Complete waste of money for a has-been.
Old 24-11-2012, 11:02   #153
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Key bouts - Fall 2012

Amir Khan vs Carlos Molina (15/12/12)

After some dubious media outbursts claiming 2 losses via TKO signals the end of a career Khan is back. Virgil Hunter steps in as Khan's trainer and is able to dedicate more time than Freddie Roach was, who's fighters have been having a torrid year. Virgil is well known for being the current trainer of Super 8 and World Champion Andre Ward. Can Virgil make Khan more disciplined in the ring and execute a game plan without swaying? Yes. Going back to Garcia, simple answer is he swayed from the plan in a fight he was simply outclassing Danny Garcia. Fact is Khan is still able to dominate and be completely brilliant in the ring. Claims he's got no chin are ridiculous. We knew Garcia had a punch in him before the fight and Garcia's latest fight proves just this. Khan took a cracking counter and still made it up and had he not been stupid in the following round he could have regained control. Make or break time, if Khan can emulate the style of Andre Ward then we are looking at a masterclass of boxing. If not then it's the end of a race to #1.

Winner - Khan (TKO)

Ricky Hatton vs Viacheslav Senchenko (Tonight)

Ricky Hatton makes his comeback against a standard opponent. Yes a former World champion in Senchenko but a World Champion who had faced noone with any credibility and then lost in his first major fight against a fighter previously put down by Hatton, Paulie Malignaggi.

Winner: Ricky Hatton (Stunning TKO return in the early rounds)

Manny Pacquiao vs Juan Manuel Marquez (08/12/12)

Long gone are the days of hype over a Pacman/Mayweather showdown. Simply put is Floyd Mayweather would take Manny Pacquiao apart in his current form and I'd go as far as saying Floyd would have beaten him at his prime too. Mayweather is just something else. So then, yet another bout between Marquez and Pacman, the fourth infact. Many claim Pacman controversially won the previous encounter but I don't know and with the judges we've seen over the previous year it's clear this could go anyway.

Winner: Either (Points)
Old 24-11-2012, 18:21   #154
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

I've went ahead and purchased the fight for tonight. Got my brother, Dad and brother-in-law coming down soon.

Visited the Primetime website, their twitter feed and a couple of boxing websites. Looks like there is a problem with SKY viewers trying to buy the fight. The links to watch the fight online and to order via the Primetime website aren't working. SKY customers, who have already booked the event, have suggested the channel isn't working.

Unless this is sorted shortly, looks like a costly cock-up.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2012, 18:25   #155
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

add it manually. 12.523 - H - 27500 - 2/3
Old 25-11-2012, 00:11   #156
thenry
Inactive

Hatton lost.
Old 25-11-2012, 00:34   #157
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

As a boxing fan that was really hard to watch. Hatton tried his best but his timing was all wrong, he was taking too many clean shots and ironically was stopped with a shot to the body. The Hitman is truely gone, it's time for him to hang up the gloves.

What makes me more concerned however is how he reacted after the fight. I don't know if I've ever seen a fighter who sounded so mentally or emotionally fragile in an interview before. "I'm not a failure" is something than rang in my ears. His tears and almost sobbing on the microphone was upsetting to watch. This man needs help.
Old 25-11-2012, 00:36   #158
thenry
Inactive

^ this ^
Old 25-11-2012, 00:38   #159
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

If he is that emotionally fragile, why in the Hell didn't anyone stop him getting in that ring tonight? There must have been a reason why he needed to come back and get the purse from this fight, I'm glad I opted not to buy the fight tonight now.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2012, 00:51   #160
Chad
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984 View Post
If he is that emotionally fragile, why in the Hell didn't anyone stop him getting in that ring tonight? There must have been a reason why he needed to come back and get the purse from this fight, I'm glad I opted not to buy the fight tonight now.
I'm only speculating here however would Ricky have climbed back through the ropes if SKY had renewed their TV deal with his promotional company? All of a sudden about 6 months ago Ricky finds out via e-mail that he no longer has any guaranteed TV time or TV revenue.
Old 26-11-2012, 13:43   #161
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Ricky Hatton vs Viacheslav Senchenko (Tonight)

Ricky Hatton makes his comeback against a standard opponent. Yes a former World champion in Senchenko but a World Champion who had faced noone with any credibility and then lost in his first major fight against a fighter previously put down by Hatton, Paulie Malignaggi.

Winner: Ricky Hatton (Stunning TKO return in the early rounds)
Completely off, Handpicked opponent for Hatton and he lost to what I would describe as a poor fighter for the reasons above.

If Hatton was put down by this guy we can at least be thankful he wasn't in the ring with someone that actually had some kind of background because based on that I wouldn't see Hatton lasting a right hand.

Chad's summed it up above, Hatton was only in that ring for a nice pay deal.

Regardless it was a stupid move, many ask how others comeback and get wins after years out, simple answer is they retired from professional boxing but continued to train and prepare as if they were still active, see David Haye, regardless of his retirement he continued training and preparing himself in case he did change his mind, which of course he did, flattening Chisora earlier this year. Haye is still actively training and is always prepared to accept a fight although he's actively preparing for Vitali. Back to how this has anything to with Hatton, simple really, Hatton pretty much gave it up, sure he went to the Gym now and again and probably sparred a bit too but it was never anything major and when it did come to talk time he had little time to prepare his body. Also take into account his drug abuse.

Another upcoming

David Price vs Matt Skelton (30/11/12)

The man that said he's 'ready' for a Klitschko next year take's on a 45 year old man, what better way to prepare yourself for a world champion.
Price need's to be less cocky as Matt Skelton is a former kickboxer with a very good record and this guy packs a serious punch and could cause a major upset.

Winner: Price (On points)

Fury and Price, pair of them are complete idiots, both talk a lot of crap and talk about world titles and the Klitschko's next year but neither of them have fought anyone remotely close to the level of these brothers. It will be an absolute disaster for either of these to go and ruin their career's chasing the Klitschko's without first having a testing fight. Same could have been said about Haye but he'd been in numerous world title fights and big fights at cruiser, he out done the hilarious Valuev and was pretty confident.

Truth be told, the pair of them want nothing to do with either Klitschko brother nor David Haye. All three are too big a risk at this stage in their career's. They need to go after some opponents Klitschko's have fought.. ones that don't end in one dimensional Chisora.
Old 26-11-2012, 23:34   #162
thenry
Inactive

same night as above...

Freddie Flintoff v Richard Dawson

i hope Flintoff gets K.O'd
Old 27-11-2012, 05:02   #163
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Quote:
same night as above...

Haha I was hoping to see the same thing!
Old 27-11-2012, 05:33   #164
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
same night as above...

Well l thought Hatton coming back was pathetic but really Flintoff as a boxer well thats a no no.
Old 30-11-2012, 09:11   #165
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Anyone know what time and channel the Flintoff fight is tomorrow?

Come on Flintoff FTW
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote