Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Has a new SW file been sent to Hub2 ac users?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Has a new SW file been sent to Hub2 ac users?

Old 01-09-2017, 13:42   #91
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Re: Has a new SW file been sent to Hub2 ac users?

Upstream
Channel Type 2.0 2.0 N/A N/A
Channel ID 34 35 N/A N/A
Frequency (Hz) 39400000 32600000 N/A N/A
Modulation 64QAM 32QAM N/A N/A
Symbol Rate (Sym/sec) 5120000 5120000 N/A N/A
Mini-Slot Size 4 4 N/A N/A
Power Level (dBmV) 44.25 43.75 N/A N/A

US2 on 32qam today....
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-09-2017, 17:41   #92
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
Igni

It seems that there has been widespread change to the mini-slot size. My Hub 3, SH2ac & SH2 all have a mini-slot size of 2 instead of the 4.

So what's that about? It could explain the packet fragmentation that Will has mentioned.
I have no idea what the access guys are doing with the upstream configurations to be honest, but it wouldn't explain the fragmentation - Will's issue was with received packets, not transmitted ones.

I would suspect new line cards or IOS and a recommendation from Cisco to change the size, or someone decided to try and wring a little more efficiency from each MAP by reducing the minimum burst.
Ignitionnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 19:00   #93
Sephiroth
Simples

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignitionnet View Post
I have no idea what the access guys are doing with the upstream configurations to be honest, but it wouldn't explain the fragmentation - Will's issue was with received packets, not transmitted ones.

I would suspect new line cards or IOS and a recommendation from Cisco to change the size, or someone decided to try and wring a little more efficiency from each MAP by reducing the minimum burst.
It seems to be widespread? Is it likely to have been deliberate? And exactly what will it do to people's experience?

With your insight, can you please explain more what this means. I'm aware of the basic mechanism of ticks & opportunities. But reducing that to 2 ticks if the other levers stay the same eludes me as to reason.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 21:13   #94
William morgan
Inactive

William morgan is an unknown quantity at this point

Still having issues after this update on ps4
William morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 22:20   #95
Wallace
cf.addict

Services: VM 200M
Wallace is on a distinguished roadWallace is on a distinguished road

So glad my 2ac is still on v1.01.14.
Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 23:15   #96
William morgan
Inactive

If your 2ac is in modem mode your ok im using mine as a router and since this update my wired upload speed on ps4 is 2mb which was 10 before seems to be having wired comnection issues to ps4. How are you still on old firmware have you not reset your router recently? Or its not released where you are yet?
Old 02-09-2017, 23:25   #97
Wallace
cf.addict

Services: VM 200M
Wallace is on a distinguished roadWallace is on a distinguished road

I have no idea why I am still on 'old' FW. When I first read this thread, I checked my version and did a complete power cycle of the SH. The original FW version remains. I rebooted again just a couple of days ago and I am still on 1.01.14.
For now, I am not touching it again. Yes, I am in MODEM mode, but don't want to chance problems now I know that some people are having issues.
Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 00:06   #98
William morgan
Inactive

Imo stay on the old firmware tried ringing virgin today they said it was sony the usual stuff they dont have a clue whats going on like i told them i was awake when this update installed and its only occured since it installed its virgin not sony. Typical phone support wish i could talk to someone at there center who actually knew i.t.
Old 04-09-2017, 14:42   #99
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
It seems to be widespread? Is it likely to have been deliberate? And exactly what will it do to people's experience?

With your insight, can you please explain more what this means. I'm aware of the basic mechanism of ticks & opportunities. But reducing that to 2 ticks if the other levers stay the same eludes me as to reason.
Changing to 2 ticks reduces the size of the minimum data grant, so if a modem only has 2 ticks worth of data it's getting exactly that grant rather than 4.

Whatever the reason I'm not privvy.
Ignitionnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 15:15   #100
Sephiroth
Simples

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignitionnet View Post
Changing to 2 ticks reduces the size of the minimum data grant, so if a modem only has 2 ticks worth of data it's getting exactly that grant rather than 4.

Whatever the reason I'm not privvy.
So, in identical upstream load circumstances as to when it was 4 ticks, your opportunity to send data comes round more often at the expense of the amount of data grabbed at the next opportunity. Right?
Now, would the less technical user find that a more useful explanation?!!

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote